Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Tales of Honor #4

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tales of Honor #4
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:07 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Just got done reviewing the Top Cow text for the fourth issue of the comic. Things are heating up, guys!

Overall, Matt did another really good job. Still a few things I know the hardcore fans are going to kvetch about. Well, there are probably one or two of them I think are less than optimum, too, :lol: but I have to say I'm generally pleased with the project so far.

Be interesting to see what the art for the next stage looks like, too.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: Tales of Honor #4
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:Still a few things I know the hardcore fans are going to kvetch about. Well, there are probably one or two of them I think are less than optimum, too, :lol: but I have to say I'm generally pleased with the project so far.

Looking forward too it!!!!
I was just about to call my store and reserve a copy lol :lol:

I would like to ask if you could point out things that you think are less then optimum and why you decided to let them slide, even if you have to go to previous issues.
I have been facinated by all these works from books to film, or other mediums, and why the authors allow some things to be changed. I understand a lot of things need to be tweaked but some things don't seem to be needed.

What have you looked at and said, "Yeah, not happy with that, but I know it needs to slide"?
P.S. asided from the fact that huge portions of dialouge and thoughts are excluded for space reasons.
Post by hvb   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:21 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yea, a new artist will be interesting. Hopefully a style moving closer to the covers/extra stuff as far as uniforms & Nimitz go.

Honestly I've been letting this set coast for a while waiting for samples of the next artist; or for others' comments on the current arc to make me go back for a third helping.

... guess I am too much of a purist to like the comics much (and that's a good thing, ... right? :? :geek: )

runsforcelery wrote:Just got done reviewing the Top Cow text for the fourth issue of the comic. Things are heating up, guys!

Overall, Matt did another really good job. Still a few things I know the hardcore fans are going to kvetch about. Well, there are probably one or two of them I think are less than optimum, too, :lol: but I have to say I'm generally pleased with the project so far.

Be interesting to see what the art for the next stage looks like, too.
Post by hvb   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

I think we can all agree that while the one-liners should stay, the far more numerous dozen-liners (& half-dozen-liners) will have to get the ol' Cinderella 'heel & toe job' for the movie(s) anyway, so doing so for the comics is a good exercise.

... this way Evergreen can get the stilt(i)ed "Lucas Dialogue" :shock: over with in the comics and have time to fix it for the big screen. :P

Commodore Oakius wrote:[snip]
What have you looked at and said, "Yeah, not happy with that, but I know it needs to slide"?
P.S. asided from the fact that huge portions of dialouge and thoughts are excluded for space reasons.

Return to Multimedia