Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

New version of Secret Fleet released

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: New version of Secret Fleet released
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Duhjoker wrote:I actually like this game so much I started a third game to keep me busy and to start adding system battles and outposts station contents to the Saganami guide. Thanks for all the fish!
Cool. Have fun.
(I did a 2nd playthrough to do something similar)

Just keep in mind that they've redone the outpost station contents at least once so far. (So the initial records of all those, scattered through RandomGraysuit's "Shopping List", thread is now obsolete). So you may get an excuse to start additional play-throughs if/when they get changed again :D
Post by crewdude48   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Idol Dev wrote:
Duhjoker wrote:Downloaded the IOS update last night. Why didn't the scope crap get fixed?!! Do you know how annoying it is to have to shrink the screen back to normal everytime you fire your salvos? Well it's really frakking annoying. I was hoping for some major improvements but my game plays the same as it has since I started playing.

Hi Duhjoker,

As you know, the zoom functionality uses a pinching movement with two fingers. In the short term, try swiping across the missile buttons with one finger to fire them rapidly.

However, we've been talking about this and have it on the list to fix with the next build. We'll provide a toggle in the options menu. The only question will be if we default it on or off.

Best,
Jeff

See, this is why I don't work in customer service. I would have told him to quit whining and go ahead a build his own game, thank you very much, (and not nearly so pleasantly) and then probably gotten fired. I am just so much happier driving my forklift around a warehouse.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:
Idol Dev wrote:
As you know, the zoom functionality uses a pinching movement with two fingers. In the short term, try swiping across the missile buttons with one finger to fire them rapidly.

However, we've been talking about this and have it on the list to fix with the next build. We'll provide a toggle in the options menu. The only question will be if we default it on or off.

Best,
Jeff

See, this is why I don't work in customer service. I would have told him to quit whining and go ahead a build his own game, thank you very much, (and not nearly so pleasantly) and then probably gotten fired. I am just so much happier driving my forklift around a warehouse.

I've accidently managed to zoom in without meaning to, even using the finger swipe method of launching. All it requires is activating a defensive capability at approximately the same time as the missile launch.

Even if only one finger is moving (and something if neither are) it gets interpreted as a pinch to zoom gesture (iOS: iPhone 5S).

Experimenting, I found that swiping left to right to launch the missiles mitigates it. (You still get an occasional graphical "upset" as it zooms in and then instantly zooms back out; but you don't end up zoomed in.
(And then my normal habit of swiping left to right reasserted itself; because the occasional zoom in wasn't bothering me personally - it's been a long time since I was in a fight tough enough I had to watch the enemy's missiles on the main screen to differentiate Mk13s from nukes.
Post by SpaceManSpiff   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 pm

SpaceManSpiff
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Idol Dev wrote:
Duhjoker wrote:Downloaded the IOS update last night. Why didn't the scope crap get fixed?!! Do you know how annoying it is to have to shrink the screen back to normal everytime you fire your salvos? Well it's really frakking annoying. I was hoping for some major improvements but my game plays the same as it has since I started playing.

Hi Duhjoker,

Best,
Jeff

Thanks for the advice! I'm using the swiping technique now and it's helped a lot!
Post by seamus64   » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:54 pm

seamus64
Midshipman

I just go 2 empty legendary pods in 2 sequential battles (node 16, random encounters). 2! Eeek
Post by seamus64   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:23 am

seamus64
Midshipman

seamus64 wrote:I just go 2 empty legendary pods in 2 sequential battles (node 16, random encounters). 2! Eeek

BTW Android 4.1 on a Samsung Note 10.1
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:24 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:
I've accidently managed to zoom in without meaning to, even using the finger swipe method of launching. All it requires is activating a defensive capability at approximately the same time as the missile launch.

Even if only one finger is moving (and something if neither are) it gets interpreted as a pinch to zoom gesture (iOS: iPhone 5S).

Experimenting, I found that swiping left to right to launch the missiles mitigates it. (You still get an occasional graphical "upset" as it zooms in and then instantly zooms back out; but you don't end up zoomed in.
(And then my normal habit of swiping left to right reasserted itself; because the occasional zoom in wasn't bothering me personally - it's been a long time since I was in a fight tough enough I had to watch the enemy's missiles on the main screen to differentiate Mk13s from nukes.

I don't even look at the main screen during battles most of the time... The first few times I fight a certain node/community event/boss, I check what kind of salvos they throw. After that, it's radar view for me...

Return to Multimedia