Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

New version of Secret Fleet released

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
New version of Secret Fleet released
Post by Idol Dev   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 am

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Hi everyone,

Both the iOS and Android versions of the game are now released. There are some significant under-the-hood improvements, so this will be a required update for everyone.

Because of the changes, it will take your game longer to load the first time. If it seems slow, please be patient. After that first time it will return to the normal load times.

PLEASE let us know if you encounter any issues with installing this latest upgrade for the game. You can PM me and we'll get right on it.
So, what's changed?

New Live Event Modes!
We've created several new gameplay modes for our weekly Live Events. The first is a COMMUNITY challenge. In a community challenge, the Bosses for each difficulty level are locked. As a group, we'll need to unlock them by defeating a certain number of ships for each difficulty.
For example; we need to defeat 500 easy, 250 medium and 50 hard ships. Once that's done, the bosses for those difficulties will unlock for two hours. After two hours they'll lock back up and we'll have to do it again.

Multi-Wave Fights!
We've wanted this functionality from the beginning and were finally able to implement it. In multi-wave fights, you'll have to defeat several waves of ships in order to win the encounter. The state of your ship carries through to the next wave.

Balancing
We've also recently (a week ago) made some balancing changes to the game. This was the first step in a much larger effort to use the data we've been gathering to smooth out the experience for everyone.
- adjusted some of the time and resource costs for the unique event components
- the component that repaired counter missile system damage at rarity 3 had a wrong value
- we adjusted the loot tables significantly
- very rare and legendary cargo pods should now only drop appropriate components, but they show up less frequently
- we fixed one of the cases that was causing empty cargo pods to appear. Hopefully this fixes covers them all, but if we still get empty pods we'll keep on it.
- we refreshed all of the components for sale in the outposts.

What's still to come?

- Chapters 4 is in development
- Additional Live Event modes
- New playable ships
- Difficulty and economy balancing

Thank you for playing and enjoying the game. We appreciate all the comments, both the positive ones and the h8trs.

Cheers!

Jeff Litchford
Idol Minds
Re: New version of Secret Fleet released
Post by Norm.bone   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:20 am

Norm.bone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Idol Dev wrote:Hi everyone,

Both the iOS and Android versions of the game are now released. There are some significant under-the-hood improvements, so this will be a required update for everyone.

Thank you for playing and enjoying the game. We appreciate all the comments, both the positive ones and the h8trs.

Cheers!

Jeff Litchford
Idol Minds

Sounds very exciting! Thank you for keeping up posted.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:58 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Cool. Can't wait to try when I get back from work.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Duhjoker   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Downloaded the IOS update last night. Why didn't the scope crap get fixed?!! Do you know how annoying it is to have to shrink the screen back to normal everytime you fire your salvos? Well it's really frakking annoying. I was hoping for some major improvements but my game plays the same as it has since I started playing.
Post by supersonic05   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:05 pm

supersonic05
Ensign

I am looking forward to the new live events modes. Thanks guys for your hard work. I am a software tester so I know the work it takes to make the changes.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Cool. Thanks for the hard work.

I grabbed the new version this morning but haven't really had time to play with it.

(And hopefully the save issue around component upgrades has also been fixed. I noticed a few of mine had lost recent upgrades after the reboot into the new app version; finger's crossed those are the last)
But definitely looking forward to the new live event types; they sound like fun.
Post by Duhjoker   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Duhjoker

Sorry I don't mean to be that guy. I do appreciate all the work and can't wait for the new features and levels. I actually like this game so much I started a third game to keep me busy and to start adding system battles and outposts station contents to the Saganami guide. Thanks for all the fish!
Post by Idol Dev   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Duhjoker wrote:Downloaded the IOS update last night. Why didn't the scope crap get fixed?!! Do you know how annoying it is to have to shrink the screen back to normal everytime you fire your salvos? Well it's really frakking annoying. I was hoping for some major improvements but my game plays the same as it has since I started playing.

Hi Duhjoker,

As you know, the zoom functionality uses a pinching movement with two fingers. In the short term, try swiping across the missile buttons with one finger to fire them rapidly.

However, we've been talking about this and have it on the list to fix with the next build. We'll provide a toggle in the options menu. The only question will be if we default it on or off.

Best,
Jeff
Post by Idol Dev   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Jonathan_S wrote:Cool. Thanks for the hard work.

I grabbed the new version this morning but haven't really had time to play with it.

(And hopefully the save issue around component upgrades has also been fixed. I noticed a few of mine had lost recent upgrades after the reboot into the new app version; finger's crossed those are the last)
But definitely looking forward to the new live event types; they sound like fun.

Hi Jonathan,

You're welcome... thanks for playing the game!

If and when you encounter upgrade issues, please reach out to support through the in-game option. We're always looking for reproducible cases so that we can figure out what's happening and when and then fix it.

I'm super excited about the multi-wave fights... they add a new dimension for us to design interesting fights.

Cheers!
Jeff
Post by Duhjoker   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Duhjoker

Ahh thank you, that helped.

Return to Multimedia