Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Design a ship! What kind of ship would you like to command?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Design a ship! What kind of ship would you like to command?
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:28 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

If you could substitute or modify one of the current ships that you command in the game, what would you do? More missile batteries? Fewer batteries? A destroyer with five or six tubes you can fire individually? A level cap in between the light and heavy cruiser? Something else?
Re: Design a ship! What kind of ship would you like to comma
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Realign the missile battery controls for starters.
At the moment it is -Middle- -Leading- -Trailing- (L-R).
I'd switch it to -Leading- -Middle- -Trailing-.
It's been mildly vexing me for some time...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Yow   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:Realign the missile battery controls for starters.
At the moment it is -Middle- -Leading- -Trailing- (L-R).
I'd switch it to -Leading- -Middle- -Trailing-.
It's been mildly vexing me for some time...

:twisted: Image

A lock/unlock on zoom or a indicator wether the enemy has rolled ship and how much by a meter or percentage gauge in the radar. I use the missiles going in as a gauge on when to fire next. So having the zoom activate when it gets hairy because I'm double ham'n it throws me off.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Duhjoker   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

What they said. Plus pods!!!!
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:15 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

RandomGraysuit wrote:If you could substitute or modify one of the current ships that you command in the game, what would you do? More missile batteries? Fewer batteries? A destroyer with five or six tubes you can fire individually? A level cap in between the light and heavy cruiser? Something else?

I've kind of wished to have multiple bridge equipment sets; so you could fast switch between them.

I could leave one set up for combat [2x level booster; ?x thrusters], have one set up for crew upgrades [5 assorted upgrade boosters], one for equipment upgrades [5 assorted upgrade boosters; 2 assorted upgrade shunts], one for resource generation. (If nothing else it'd save stumbling over the pile of spare bridge equipment currently cluttering up my inventory. (And hitting one button to switch would be nicer than having to constantly uninstall and reinstall)

I've see various PC games have at least a primary and secondary character equipment loadout that you can fast-switch between.

The Bridge is an odd department for me because all the competition for best use of the limited slots it purely focused on non-combat configs. Most of the time I don't even bother reconfiguring it for combat.

But that's more of a tweak to the existing ships; not really a new ship design.
Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:15 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I would like a prequel chapter where you are commanding one of the Lightnings on its final cruise. Either that or change the opening chapter to have you commanding a Lightning on its final cruise rather than a damaged destroyer than shift to a Destroyer at the point where your damaged Destroyer gets repaired but I doubt it will ever happen.

Maybe a sim mode where you can captain the various enemy ships in battle too.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

I would like to see a new purchasable non-combat department, the Supply Department. It would only hold level boosters and resource generators, but the max level of the resource generators it could support would be tied directly into its level (via boosters). Hence a L5 supply department could handle resource generators up to L5 themselves, but a L6 generator would operate at 1/2 production rate, a L7 at 1/4 production rate etc etc.

The first ship could have 3 or so item spaces with an additional space or two being added each new ship.
Purchasing the department, though, would remove the ability to use resource generators from the Bridge itself. This would allow more combat-oriented items to be used on the bridge permanently (reducing swap-overs and smoothing resource generation), but would put more of a demand on the need for level boosters and upgrading them.

Just a thought...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Rakhmamort   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:50 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

not a ship but additional consumable - Decoys
or
since the current best ship is a Q-ship and Honor's Q-ship had the first run new gen LACs (max of 2 units or for simplicity's sake, can be one icon designating an entire 4 unit squadron) - :D LACs in game would be a 'defensive' platform that would thin down the enemy missiles before they reach the ECM range. LACs defensive abilities would depend on their level.
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:04 am

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Are you kidding me, I want an Invictus class podnaught! 6 weapon batteries, short reload, Project Ghost Rider, a bow wall, so many other reasons.
Post by Seawolf509   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

I would put more individual batteries on smaller ships. This would give them a chance to breach ship defenses, since you have to decide to use the defense for 1 missle.

More tubes would also allow preloaded various missile load outs.

Return to Multimedia