Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Ah-HAH! What does this button do? (At your own risk!)

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Ah-HAH! What does this button do? (At your own risk!)
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Before I go any further, I'm going to restate that warning from the title:

ANYTHING YOU DO IN THIS THREAD IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND MAY PERMANENTLY CORRUPT YOUR GAME IN SUCH A WAY AS TO RENDER IT UNPLAYABLE ON THAT DEVICE.

If you do this by meddling, there is no reason to expect Evergreen Studios to fix what you've broken.

If anything in here doesn't make sense to you, or doesn't become self-obvious after 30 seconds of Googling, this post probably isn't for you. Turn back now, don't break your game. Please.

Now that we have those disclaimers out of the way, on to the goodies.

If you're not using a Google Play login (and possibly if you are, I haven't ever gotten mine to work), it appears as though each device's MEID is hashed into a unique 128 bit 'anonid' value, stored as hex in text format. Something certainly is being hashed, and I'm just slightly too lazy to start running MD4 and MD5 generators against my device's IDs to create a collision to find out specifically which one is being used. I can't think of a reason it would matter.

That value is stored in the HonorLogin file. Among other things, that value is used to create your $anonid.json file, which stores your Google Play or Apple ID, along with the anonid value itself in json format instead of plain text.

The HonorLogin file is the first file created locally when establishing a new account, and tells the Evergreen servers who you are. If your $anonid.json file doesn't exist for that hashed value, it's created, along with your $anonid_warpcharges file.

If you change your HonorLogin file's hash to a new valid hash, that's your new savegame identifier. If no savegame exists, you'll start off immediately after the tutorial with 120 prestige, 10,250 metal/plasma, 15 conduit and two level boosters. You'll also have 40 laser disruptors and 6 nukes.

If you want to try starting over with the new outposts, you can do that. If you want to grab the anonid value from one device and drop that into another device, you can play the same savegame across multiple devices without a Google Play or App Store account.

Also, congrats to Evergreen on breaking the 50,000 Apple + Android users mark this week!

Return to Multimedia