Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Dauntless

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Dauntless
Post by supersonic05   » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 pm

supersonic05
Ensign

Does anyone else feel a ship named Dauntless should be a battle cruiser not a heavy cruiser? :-)

sent from HTC One
Re: Dauntless
Post by Yow   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

supersonic05 wrote:Does anyone else feel a ship named Dauntless should be a battle cruiser not a heavy cruiser? :-)

sent from HTC One

It's not a heavy cruiser despite its classification in the ships sidebar. Remember, earlier in the game it was titled as HMAMC, a "Q-ship", with the equivalent specs of a heavy cruiser like in OBS. The ships Honor commanded in HAE were probably between Heavy Cruiser status and capital ships.
So, yeah. Probably a BC would fit it best when you get it leveled up to max or near at max. Then again, Manticoran ships have been repeatedly reported as being one step up to the next ship class, at least compared to their classes in other navies.
Ha, Torch has Super Frigates :lol: it's like Chibi battleships.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:40 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Torch's Nat Turners appear in the game? I didn't think the game, or at least the current version of it would get anywhere near the period when Torch was established or the Nat Turners built based on what I've heard and when the missions I've done so far are set.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:51 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Roguevictory wrote:Torch's Nat Turners appear in the game? I didn't think the game, or at least the current version of it would get anywhere near the period when Torch was established or the Nat Turners built based on what I've heard and when the missions I've done so far are set.
Not that I've seen (or at least noticed); and I've beaten everything they've put out so far.
Post by supersonic05   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am

supersonic05
Ensign

The dauntless is the name of the flag ship in the lost fleet series and is a bc.

sent from HTC One
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

supersonic05 wrote:The dauntless is the name of the flag ship in the lost fleet series and is a bc.

sent from HTC One

Yeah I know, that series and its spinoffs is one of my five favorite ongoing novel settings along with the Honorverse, but just because Dauntless is the name of a BC in one setting doesn't mean every ship named Dauntless in a Scifi setting needs to be a BC. I'm sure if I spent a few days going through my scifi collection I could probably find ships named Dauntless that are everything from Frigate and Destroyer equivalents to Super-dreadnought equivalents.
Post by supersonic05   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

supersonic05
Ensign

I know not every ship that's named dauntless should be a bc. I was messing around and hoping other like us that like the lost fleet series would also laugh.

sent from HTC One
Post by Yow   » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Roguevictory wrote:Torch's Nat Turners appear in the game? I didn't think the game, or at least the current version of it would get anywhere near the period when Torch was established or the Nat Turners built based on what I've heard and when the missions I've done so far are set.

Noooooooo :roll: I was making a joke about the disparity between RMN ship classes and other navies ship classes. Sorry for the confusion.
Lost fleet series? Any good?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by supersonic05   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:27 am

supersonic05
Ensign

I enjoy the lost fleet series

sent from HTC One
Post by Roguevictory   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:11 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Yow wrote:

Noooooooo :roll: I was making a joke about the disparity between RMN ship classes and other navies ship classes. Sorry for the confusion.
Lost fleet series? Any good?

I like it a lot. There's currently three series, two ongoing. One of the ongoing series is a direct sequel to the original series with many of the same characters. The other, Lost Stars. focuses on a system in the antagonist nation from the original series, and to some degree is still antagonistic in the second, which revolts against its nation at the beginning of the Lost Stars series, and the its efforts to maintain its independence and hinder the activities of its former nation in its region.

Most of the battles in the two Lost Fleet series tend to be full scale fleet actions, there aren't any of the one on one actions like the early Honor books though.

Return to Multimedia