Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

THF Difficulty and lack of support

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: THF Difficulty and lack of support
Post by Sharidann   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 am

Sharidann
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Aye, and it irks me big time as I was saving some metal to buy some stuff... Grrmble.

[quote="bigdoglv]

He is quite correct. none of the outpost in the final sector have there original buy list[/quote]
Post by bigdoglv   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:28 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

Sharidann wrote:Aye, and it irks me big time as I was saving some metal to buy some stuff... Grrmble.

[quote="bigdoglv]

He is quite correct. none of the outpost in the final sector have there original buy list[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

But I must say I have had more legendary boxes drop component in the last two days then I have had for the last two months

Sorry. have droid version, only been out for little more than a month. But still true
Last edited by bigdoglv on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:17 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

DrMegaverse wrote:I'm having an issue where grinding doesn't seem to be helping. I've been going back and grinding old/side missions and even with Rare pod drops I'm just getting plasma and iron...maybe prestige. I definitely need more Lvl Boosters for the Illumance and I'm starting to worry I'm not gonna see any...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of level boosters do you need? White, green, blue, purple?
Post by DrMegaverse   » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

RandomGraysuit wrote:What kind of level boosters do you need? White, green, blue, purple?

Any lol. I managed to get a white one last night after about 4 hours of playing 5-10 minutes, waiting 5-10 minutes, repeat. Seems I'm just not being patient enough, by THFs standards anyawys ;)
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:36 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrMegaverse wrote:
RandomGraysuit wrote:What kind of level boosters do you need? White, green, blue, purple?

Any lol. I managed to get a white one last night after about 4 hours of playing 5-10 minutes, waiting 5-10 minutes, repeat. Seems I'm just not being patient enough, by THFs standards anyawys ;)

I have had an increade of all rarity drops as well. What sector are you in? I am in Formori and the drops are quite good on average in a grind session.
Might be a difference in ios to android versions too.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:13 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

DrMegaverse wrote:

Go do the Easy mission this week. You'll get the opportunity to buy green boosters if you beat the second enemy of the trio, and the reward for beating the boss is very nice.
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Hi All - we have been trying to work on the balance of the backend, we increased % chances of legendary items dropping, etc, because it was all to infrequent.

As for the iOS6 to iOS7 issue ; this was a big choice for us to have to make but in the end we had to do it - in the end there were just too many devices that could run iOS6 but not the game because of memory issues, shifting up to iOS7 allowed us to remove those devices. It is true that some iOS6 platforms can still run the game, but the percentage that could was insignificant compared to those that couldn't.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:32 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Evergreen Studios wrote:As for the iOS6 to iOS7 issue ; this was a big choice for us to have to make but in the end we had to do it - in the end there were just too many devices that could run iOS6 but not the game because of memory issues, shifting up to iOS7 allowed us to remove those devices. It is true that some iOS6 platforms can still run the game, but the percentage that could was insignificant compared to those that couldn't.

I believe what he's saying is he's okay with no official support; but please stop intentionally making it more difficult for people running iOS6.
Post by SWM   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

RandomGraysuit wrote:
Evergreen Studios wrote:As for the iOS6 to iOS7 issue ; this was a big choice for us to have to make but in the end we had to do it - in the end there were just too many devices that could run iOS6 but not the game because of memory issues, shifting up to iOS7 allowed us to remove those devices. It is true that some iOS6 platforms can still run the game, but the percentage that could was insignificant compared to those that couldn't.

I believe what he's saying is he's okay with no official support; but please stop intentionally making it more difficult for people running iOS6.

From the description Megaverse gave, I think his problem is the memory, as Evergreen said. Evergreen is not intentionally making it more difficult for iOS6--they simply can't support it because of the memory problems.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:31 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:
RandomGraysuit wrote:I believe what he's saying is he's okay with no official support; but please stop intentionally making it more difficult for people running iOS6.

From the description Megaverse gave, I think his problem is the memory, as Evergreen said. Evergreen is not intentionally making it more difficult for iOS6--they simply can't support it because of the memory problems.
No, I'm pretty sure the "problem" is that the old version of the game periodically checks that it's up-to date. And to run on iOS 6 he has to run a really old version (one which predates the determination that most iOS6 devices couldn't handle it)

So he keeps running into that check determining that the game version must be updated; when he doesn't want the update because the iOS version check will prevent it from running.

But even if they wanted to Evergreen probably doesn't have a way to patch that check out of the old game. It'd have to go through the same Apple cert process and be released to everyone; but then it wouldn't be the old version -- it'd be a new version with the iOS6 block turned off - which means a bad experience for most people stuck on iOS6. (I guess depending on exactly how the game determined it wasn't current, and what information was included in that query, it might be technically possible for Evergreen to rig up some hack, server side, that would lie to really old versions of the game and tell them they're up to date. (But it's also possible that the servers don't know the old version they just announce the current version number and the comparison is done client side. If so there's no way to selectively lie so implementing that hack would screw up current versions of the game as well)

But either way I don't see a reason for Evergreen to go and spend even more of their limited developer resources on a workaround for this. I'd (selfishly) rather they focus on fixing bugs and releasing contents that benefits me.

Return to Multimedia