Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

THF Difficulty and lack of support

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Post by DrMegaverse   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:42 pm

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Yow wrote:Do you post to Everyplay? If so what is your handle if different than DrMegaverse?

I haven't yet posted there. Due to my stubbornness I keep trying to make it work and I only tend to post (exceedingly sparingly) here. Honestly this is the most posts I've made here in a year.
Re: THF Difficulty and lack of support
Post by Yow   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrMegaverse wrote:Well just finished enemy 4. Right as the game demanded I upgrade which made my victory stuck on the fight sequence with the other ship slowing spread in debris. Also robbed me of the salvage.

Pass a section I was stuck at, become screwed due to no iOS 6 support.

*sigh*. Ridiculous level exceeding maximum capacity :-/

What ever was in Salvage should have gone to your hold. Any unfinished upgrades in progress plus resources spent will be lost but wins are from the games server not the device so when you log in or move on from a fight won it should be there. 4... Did you start over and you're on system four or are you on your 4th grind and your device crashed? If the later, does it occur after so many battles or is it random?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 am

DrMegaverse

The crash occurs because I'm running iOS 6 on my iPad. The app is insane about asking me to upgrade to latest iteration of the game, which you have to be on iOS 7+ for. I'm not willing to move up to iOS 7 for...reasons related to third party software modification.

So, The game frequently will ask me to upgrade. When it does I have to press the upgrade prompt, quit the App Store, turn off wifi, and re-enter the app until it tells me it can't detect the internet. When it does that I have to quit the app, turn on the wifi, re-enter the app, hit retry for detecting the internet connection, then pres the upgrade button, quit App Store, shut off wifi, repeat.

It's friggen ridiculous, the game runs on iOS 6, so I'm not sure what's with the upgrade prompts, aside from perhaps there being some issue with the in app purchase mechanism (which I'll never use).

It's exhausting.
Post by Yow   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:45 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrMegaverse wrote:The crash occurs because I'm running iOS 6 on my iPad. The app is insane about asking me to upgrade to latest iteration of the game, which you have to be on iOS 7+ for. I'm not willing to move up to iOS 7 for...reasons related to third party software modification.

So, The game frequently will ask me to upgrade. When it does I have to press the upgrade prompt, quit the App Store, turn off wifi, and re-enter the app until it tells me it can't detect the internet. When it does that I have to quit the app, turn on the wifi, re-enter the app, hit retry for detecting the internet connection, then pres the upgrade button, quit App Store, shut off wifi, repeat.

It's friggen ridiculous, the game runs on iOS 6, so I'm not sure what's with the upgrade prompts, aside from perhaps there being some issue with the in app purchase mechanism (which I'll never use).

It's exhausting.

I don't know if this is possible with iOS 6 but if you have access in settings to iTunes and App Store drop down. Deselect ( if there) the auto downloads and updates. Hopefully that will leave you with only manual updating. Also try going to restrictions in general settings and enable it then look to restrict store and in app purchases or anything you think might hinder your game. Of course being careful not to disturb the rest of your devices functions. Is this possible for iOS 6? Only thing I can think of at the moment anyone else?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:37 am

DrMegaverse

It's an in app update not part of the App Store. The game constantly checks to see what version you're running and bugs you to upgrade. It's coming from the game itself.

I've got a firewall installed on my iPad and I've blocked the game from contacting everplay, and something called "electricbean" and that stops the verification issue. It also stops the games connection to the salvage, upgrade, and purchase server. So basically if I want to play on my iPad I've gotta jump through hoops.

What I'd like to see is Everplay just removing the feature where it checks to see your version. If the App Store will let me download it then they should just stop fricken bugging me.
Post by Yow   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrMegaverse wrote:It's an in app update not part of the App Store. The game constantly checks to see what version you're running and bugs you to upgrade. It's coming from the game itself.

I've got a firewall installed on my iPad and I've blocked the game from contacting everplay, and something called "electricbean" and that stops the verification issue. It also stops the games connection to the salvage, upgrade, and purchase server. So basically if I want to play on my iPad I've gotta jump through hoops.

What I'd like to see is Everplay just removing the feature where it checks to see your version. If the App Store will let me download it then they should just stop fricken bugging me.
Gawd! That feature under iOS 6 must be something else for all that headache. If your app feature request doesn't get picked up here by Ido Dev then swing by the TOH game forum and drop it Larsons lap. They may already have addressed it or could be something to add. Also, try here for possible solutions I would have read it myself but my wife is staring daggers at me so I'm off to bed.
http://tales-of-honor.com/support/faq/ios

Post by Yow   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:51 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

@Dr.megaverse, I'm hoping this helps you. I finally got to read through it and according to Evergreen & Idol Minds ToH:TSF is backwards compatible. They have a lot of general fixes that might help your game experience. If this helps with the crashing, the other tips posted throughout the forum should really get you going. Tell us how it goes.
http://tales-of-honor.com/support/faq/ios

Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:38 pm

DrMegaverse

I've now confirmed that when I get a "You must use the most current version" notice at the end of a fight and I see no salvage screen I am indeed not receiving any salvage. So you can expend resources on a fight and if a certain set of circumstances happen (yay me) you will indeed get nothing out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 pm

DrMegaverse

@Yow. Thanks for all the help. Checked out their FAQ and didn't see anything so I made a post and sent an email to tech support. I'll see where it goes. Thanks again!
Post by Yow   » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrMegaverse wrote:@Yow. Thanks for all the help. Checked out their FAQ and didn't see anything so I made a post and sent an email to tech support. I'll see where it goes. Thanks again!

You're welcome and good luck.

Return to Multimedia