Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

THF Difficulty and lack of support

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: THF Difficulty and lack of support
Post by Kheldan   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Kheldan
Ensign

Very important to know for new players post July 10th 2014 patch.

The ONLY outpost that sell the Level Booster I is in the first sector, Nemea Sector, make sure to buy about 20 of them before you move on to the second sector.

Then you can only buy Level Booster III in the 5ft sector.

You can't buy Level Booster II anywhere.

These Level Booster should be available in all sector if you ask me as they make a big difference (and we only understand we need them at a later time).

I am now at Mission 30 stuck at Willis and with hundreds fights (thousands?), I have only seen 1 blue Level Booster III, 2 green Level Booster II and only 1 white Level Booster I drop...
Last edited by Kheldan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:27 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:No, I'm pretty sure the "problem" is that the old version of the game periodically checks that it's up-to date. And to run on iOS 6 he has to run a really old version (one which predates the determination that most iOS6 devices couldn't handle it)

So he keeps running into that check determining that the game version must be updated; when he doesn't want the update because the iOS version check will prevent it from running.

But even if they wanted to Evergreen probably doesn't have a way to patch that check out of the old game. It'd have to go through the same Apple cert process and be released to everyone; but then it wouldn't be the old version -- it'd be a new version with the iOS6 block turned off - which means a bad experience for most people stuck on iOS6. (I guess depending on exactly how the game determined it wasn't current, and what information was included in that query, it might be technically possible for Evergreen to rig up some hack, server side, that would lie to really old versions of the game and tell them they're up to date. (But it's also possible that the servers don't know the old version they just announce the current version number and the comparison is done client side. If so there's no way to selectively lie so implementing that hack would screw up current versions of the game as well)

But either way I don't see a reason for Evergreen to go and spend even more of their limited developer resources on a workaround for this. I'd (selfishly) rather they focus on fixing bugs and releasing contents that benefits me.

As for my ability to run the game, I'm quite capable of running it with zero problems, aside from a system version check which required the quit, disable wifi, launch, enable wifi circuit. Otherwise I've had zero issues with actualy playability. No frame rate drops, no sudden crashes, nada.

I'm not sure if something changed with the recent update but it seems I'm able to run the game without repeated quiting and launching now. The game gives me a version warning at launch, and provided I don't lock the iOS device, I only have to quit, deactivate wifi, launch, reactivate wifi, once. I've actually been able to progress a good deal due to this lack of interruption.

Now I'm just grinding side missions in the hope of a non white level booster. I've taken several screencaps though of enemy ships with completely disabled systems (weapons, bridge, CMs, ECM) which are still being used (sometimes at full effectiveness!). Seems the AI don't play by the same rules we do. I've also noticed some blue encounters where enemy ships seem to have weapon reload times which are nearly an order of magnatiude greater than my own (note I said nearly lol) even though they are in similar tonnage ranges.
THF Difficulty and lack of support
Post by DrMegaverse   » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:03 am

DrMegaverse

Well. Looks like I've reached the end. Formori sector seems to dead end with no further progression. After scoring a pair of purple level boosters and then hitting manassas (where blue level booster are on sale) I fairly easily maxed out the heavy cruiser and waltzed through the end. Interesting how if you just grind enough the game goes from frustratingly difficult to a walk in the park with a warm summer breeze lol.
Post by Duhjoker   » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:49 am

Duhjoker

Are you sure your brains not just subconsciously remembering the pattern for each ship???

Return to Multimedia