Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

THF Difficulty and lack of support

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: THF Difficulty and lack of support
Post by DrMegaverse   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:01 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Well Evergreen got back to me. I can either upgrade, or kindly stop using the app. So if you're using an older version of the iOS (for whatever reason) don't expect much in the way of support

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

DrMegaverse wrote:Well Evergreen got back to me. I can either upgrade, or kindly stop using the app. So if you're using an older version of the iOS (for whatever reason) don't expect much in the way of support

I've got 99 problems, but root access ain't one of 'em.

-'droid in the hood

Never played around with iOS apps before. Do they use a human-readable format like .JAR files do?
Post by DrMegaverse   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:52 am

DrMegaverse

Most of the files are either .txt or .plist. I've played around with with the .plist files a bit but to no avail. Think they may have the version checking files server side, as evidenced by the "no Internet connection found" prompt which immediately precedes the "you must upgrade" prompt.

I tried blocking certain outgoing connections via my firewall but it looks like the game content server is also where the version checker resides as blocking their "electricbean" connection not only stops the prompt, it also prevents the game from storing any data as to your progress.

It dials out to data.splyt.com, static.data..splyt.com, everplay.com, amazonaws.com (much longer but this is the root), and an address at electricbean.com.

Seems I'm a tad screwed ATM. I'll keep following the: launch, get upgrade prompt, accept prompt, quit App Store when it launches, turn off wifi, launch game, play till no Internet connection prompt, turn on wifi, launch game, get upgrade prompt, rinse, repeat cycle for the time being.

That is till I find someone who may have a workaround.
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:24 pm

DrMegaverse

Ok so I'm having serious difficulty issues again on Enigma Sector mission 15. The destroyers throw weight is slaughtering me within 3 minutes consistently. Thought I'd list my load-out and see if perhaps some changes may help the circumstance. With the exception of the Armor plating and the Recycling Replicator everything listed is maxed out.

Sidewalls
Optic Armor Array lvl 2
Phased Energizer lvl 2

Lasers
Nuclear Pump Laser Recharger lvl 4 x2

CMs
Composite Tracking lvl 2 x2
Level Booster lvl 4

Engineering
Tactical Processor lvl 2
250MM Alloy Armor lvl 2
Recycling Replicator lvl 2

Weapons
Missile Tube Loader lvl 2 x2
Explosive Payload lvl 2

Bridge
Level Booster lvl 4
Metal Fabricator lvl 2
Plasma Synthesizer lvl 2

Crew
All level 6 (highest allowed)

Post by crewdude48   » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

No level boosters aside from bridge and CMs? Level up your weapons to throw more offensive weapons, your lasers to target more incoming, and your sidewalls to take more hits before they fail. Engineering will speed up how fast you fight fires, and bridge level speeds up roll refresh rate, so less important than your other departments. If, when you have a department's window open, you click on the tab on the left side of the screen, you can see your power level, the power required to get to the next level, how many of what it does, and the officer in charge.

You also might want to consider some of the system damage components if you can get your hands on them. It allows your hull pen missiles to keep the enemy's systems degraded, rather than having to use the expensive missiles.

DrMegaverse wrote:Ok so I'm having serious difficulty issues again on Enigma Sector mission 15. The destroyers throw weight is slaughtering me within 3 minutes consistently. Thought I'd list my load-out and see if perhaps some changes may help the circumstance. With the exception of the Armor plating and the Recycling Replicator everything listed is maxed out.

Sidewalls
Optic Armor Array lvl 2
Phased Energizer lvl 2

Lasers

CMs
Level Booster lvl 4

Engineering
Tactical Processor lvl 2
250MM Alloy Armor lvl 2

Weapons
Explosive Payload lvl 2

Bridge
Level Booster lvl 4
Metal Fabricator lvl 2
Plasma Synthesizer lvl 2

Crew

Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:22 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

DrMegaverse wrote:Ok so I'm having serious difficulty issues again on Enigma Sector mission 15. The destroyers throw weight is slaughtering me within 3 minutes consistently. Thought I'd list my load-out and see if perhaps some changes may help the circumstance. With the exception of the Armor plating and the Recycling Replicator everything listed is maxed out.

If 15 is hard, 16 is going to be a show-stopper. The end of the next sector is on par, and mission 30 will be the end of your game, regardless of how long the game actually goes. Let's see what we can do...

Sidewalls
Optic Armor Array lvl 2
Phased Energizer lvl 2

You can get your sidewalls up to level 4, right? That's 4 missiles you can potentially intercept. I don't see any system boosters here, which means you're choosing to block ONE missile, with a decrease of about 1 second from the 20 second refresh time due to your Phased Energizers.

You can buy Level Booster Core II at the Ignoti Maris Outpost. Do that. You want to hit 33,000 system points. That's going to require at least one Level Booster I and one Level Booster II, with upgrades.

Lasers

Maximum level is 4. You're at level 1. You can currently shoot down 2 missiles. If you upgrade to level 4, you can choose to shoot down 6 missiles instead. That's slightly better than getting something like a 5% reduction in cooldown times.

CMs
Level Booster lvl 4

That level booster gives you 10,500 system points, right? Try using a level booster II instead, for 25,000 system points! You go from shooting down 4 missiles to shooting down 6 missiles per use. If you add a level booster II instead of replacing the level booster I, you go to 35,500 system points and level 4; that's 7 missiles shot down per use of the system.

Engineering
Tactical Processor lvl 2
250MM Alloy Armor lvl 2

Your 250mm armor gives you 75 HP. That's a 10% boost in HP from your base. Does the tactical processor give you a 10% reduction in incoming damage? If not, swap it out for more armor. Your regeneration will take well over a minute to regen that much damage. The bonuses from your Recycling Replicator will take well over five minutes to make up that amount of damage. System level helps you fight fires, but not win battles, so don't worry about that here. Armor, armor, armor is your key.

Weapons
Explosive Payload lvl 2

Remember what we discussed earlier about system levels? Instead of shooting 2 missiles per tube fired, shoot 5 missiles by hitting level 4. Evergreen wasn't joking around when they showed you this stuff in the tutorial.

Bridge
Level Booster lvl 4
Metal Fabricator lvl 2
Plasma Synthesizer lvl 2

Metal Fabricators and Plasma Synthesizers are great in general. Your decision to get the white version instead of the vastly better green version is questionable and has cost you tens of thousands of resources by now, but they don't directly impede you in combat. You'll be able to buy more once you beat mission 22, but why wait? Buy more as soon as you have the resources, until you have three of each kind.

In combat though, you want to be using a maxed-out bridge system level, with any remaining slots filled by thrusters or one of the system damage mitigation line of items.

Crew

That's good; it means you can use all your items. No issues here.

Overall, your biggest issue is that you choose to go with a lower system level than you're allowed to have. You're getting small, 10% improvements in cooldowns or damage, and giving up vastly better jumps of double or triple effectiveness.
Post by DrMegaverse   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 am

DrMegaverse

Grinding side missions for level boosters. Btw Ignoti station doesn't seem to have the level boosters you mentioned. [img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/9ujy7ugy.jpg[/img]

Lots of "replayability"....if that means grinding 5 side missions and then waiting 20 minutes till you repeat :-/

Plus gotta love finishing a mission, getting uncommon salvage, and its iron and plasma lol
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:14 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

DrMegaverse wrote:Grinding side missions for level boosters. Btw Ignoti station doesn't seem to have the level boosters you mentioned.

I just noticed that all the outposts seem to have had their components reshuffled. I've only got accounts in the last two sectors but not a single outpost I checked has the same material for sale it did two days ago.

(I'm guessing that was the first data file update that rolled out today; the 2nd was the normal end of the live event)
Post by bigdoglv   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:50 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

Jonathan_S wrote:
DrMegaverse wrote:Grinding side missions for level boosters. Btw Ignoti station doesn't seem to have the level boosters you mentioned.

I just noticed that all the outposts seem to have had their components reshuffled. I've only got accounts in the last two sectors but not a single outpost I checked has the same material for sale it did two days ago.

(I'm guessing that was the first data file update that rolled out today; the 2nd was the normal end of the live event)

He is quite correct. none of the outpost in the final sector have there original buy list
Post by DrMegaverse   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm

DrMegaverse

I'm having an issue where grinding doesn't seem to be helping. I've been going back and grinding old/side missions and even with Rare pod drops I'm just getting plasma and iron...maybe prestige. I definitely need more Lvl Boosters for the Illumance and I'm starting to worry I'm not gonna see any...

Return to Multimedia