Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

The Secret Fleet - save issue

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet - save issue
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

I really wish the game was more reliable about keeping your status if the app gets shut down.

It's getting the the point where I'm paranoid if I see the load screen, or have to restart because of a new live event. About 5-10% of the time I seem to have some component upgrade or rearrangement get reverted.

And I got a double whammy this morning.
I'd kicked off a couple upgrades last night, then configured my bridge with all resource generators. Figured I'd come back in the morning, gather the resources, then reinstall the upgrade speed boosters to complete some upgrades, but I checked it one last time before turning in and the new live event had started, forcing a restart.

When the game finished restarting the bridge was in the previous configuration and the upgrades I'd started weren't going anymore; all those components reverted to their state as of an hour or two earlier.
Annoying but not horribly so; 'only' a few hours lost.

But I was exploring the live event more this morning, exhausted my warp charges and set the game aside for an hour. When I came back I got the load screen (guess iOS had shut it down while the phone was locked). I checked and I had two examples of the much more frustrating problem; components that recently finished an upgrade before the game shut down reverting to their prior level.

One of them was a BuNine Rad Thruster, which had finally reached to level 10 (and I'd moved it back into my inventory) - it's level 9 again now; so that's another 1.5 days waiting for it to upgrade again!

The other was a Plasma G90 Synthesizer which had just reached level 8 (and also been moved into inventory) - it's level 7 again; a 7 hour upgrade lost.

Sadly this isn't the first time I've seen a recently completed upgrade get entirely lost in the app restart. It's especially annoying because it seems to remember it wasn't the new level yet; but not that it was mid-upgrade. So you don't just lose the time since you last played, you lose all the entire upgrade time as well (which for high level components can be a day or more). The fact that there's no way to know if the new status has synced to the server, so you're never quite sure if you're changes are 'safe' yet, makes it extra annoying.
Re: The Secret Fleet - save issue
Post by yannosh   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

yannosh
Commander

you think that's frustrating?
I dunno if it is bug or what, but before I shut down for the night yesterday, I purchased some components, installed them and set them to upgrade.
Log in this morning - no components at all, and my resources are at the after purchase level... so, yeah.
=-.--.--.*.--.--.-=

Ceterum censeo Foedam solariam delendam esse.

Even the best in the world cannot measure up to a dozen highly motivated good-enoughs.
Re: The Secret Fleet - save issue
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

I have a way to get around that, at least on the Android system. After I am finished with my warp charges and inventory maintenance, I warp to one of the trade outposts, cycle through all three pages, warp to another outpost, cycle through all three pages, go back to the sector map, and then force close the game. I haven't lost anything since I started doing this. It is a bit of a headache, but better than loosing time, material, and entire items.

Return to Multimedia