Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

New Live Event! Fleet Action: Caldarian Outpost

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
New Live Event! Fleet Action: Caldarian Outpost
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:03 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Just got posted 2 minutes ago. Will update this post with the Easy/Medium/Hard purchase options and notes on your enemies this go-round.

Easy enemies:

* 1 battery of 3 missiles / 1 CM / 2 Laser / 500 HP
* 2 batteries of 3 missiles / 2 CM / 2 Laser / 1000 HP
* 2 batteries of 4 missiles / 2 ECM / 2 CM / 4 Laser / 2000 HP (Outpost, no rolling)

Easy shopping:

100mm Alloy Armor 40k metal

Level Booster Core II 30k plasma

Level Booster I 10 plasma

Phased Energizer 20k plasma

Nothing worth buying unless you're still trying to get through the 2nd sector to get your Level Booster IIs. If you are, here's a place to get them early.

Medium enemies:

2 batteries of 2 weapons / 2 ECM / 2 CM / 2 Laser / ? sidewall / 1000 HP

2 batteries of (4-5?) weapons / 1 ECM / 6 CM / 6 Laser / 5 sidewall / 2000 HP

3 batteries of (7-8?) weapons / 4 ECM / 7 CM / 3 Laser / 7 sidewall / 5000 HP
Note: "This outpost has a nearly unlimited supply of missiles and launchers. You need to be prepared for fast volleys of missiles." Duly noted. Component repair rates seem fairly fast, and it did indeed keep the missiles coming.

Medium shopping:

Level Booster III 60k plasma

Hypervalent Nav Processor 240k plasma
(allows up to 10 warp charges to be stored when fully upgraded)

Omni-Arrayed Phaser 120k metal
(increases damage and pulse rate of lasers)

Missile Tube Sequencer 240k metal
(faster weapons firing)

All very useful in their own way, although some are more niche than others.

Hard mode enemies:

3 batteries of (8-9?) weapons / 5 ECM / 5 CM / 5 Laser / 5 sidewall / 2500 HP

3 batteries of (8-9?) weapons / 2 ECM / 8 CM / 4 Laser / 8 sidewall / 7000 HP

3 batteries of (10-11ish?) weapons / 10 ECM / 8 CM / 6 Laser / 10 sidewall / 14,000 HP

"This outpost has a nearly unlimited supply of missiles and launchers. You need to be prepared for fast volleys of missiles."

Hard shopping: As Jonathan noted below, unchanged from last week.

Obviously the Evergeen devs ramped up the difficulty on this week's event a bit. Hard mode defenses recharge relatively quickly, missile fire rates seem to be ramped up as well, and the Mk 13s are plentiful. Beating this one is going to be a severe challenge on even a highly upgraded light cruiser, and may even be difficult for some people with their heavy cruisers.
Last edited by RandomGraysuit on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: New Live Event! Fleet Action: Caldarian Outpost
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:42 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

RandomGraysuit wrote:Just got posted 2 minutes ago. Will update this post with the Easy/Medium/Hard purchase options and notes on your enemies this go-round.
[snip]

Hard mode next, as soon as I get more warp charges...
I rolled through hard once and managed to pick up the reward first try.
Quantum Thruster III Speeds missiles, but costs system power (counteracts level boosters)
lvl 7 = -20k system power / 1.170 missile speed
lvl 8 = -30k system power / 1.190 missile speed
lvl 9 = ?
lvl 10 = ?

Even at level 7 it offsets enough level boost that a pair of maxed out purples no longer get your Weapons department to level 10 (although a maxed purple and maxed orange will; but looks like upgrade it once and you'll need two oranges)

Oh, and even at level 7 it give more speed to missiles than a level 10 Warshawsi Bubble (missile flight speed)

Edit: Ok went back and here's what the outpost had for sale.
Prototype Z-RZ Booster - 120k plasma
Gravitic Wave Thrusters - 240k metal
Nanite Fluid Distributor - 480k metal
Photonic Computer - 480k plasma

Looks like the exact same line-up as the last live event. (Was really hoping they'd take my suggestion and offer the legendary resource generators for sale)
Post by Duckk   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Got it second try on hard. I managed to snag a legendary level booster earlier, so I can actually use the thing at default level with no loss in effectiveness.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:53 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Got it on 2nd try also.

Yes, the boss is harder than the ones from the last events. It was totally doable the heavy cruiser but I don't think I would have managed it on the light cruiser.

Now I wish I had that orange system power upgrade you guys are talking about :D
Post by bigdoglv   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:02 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

Using all three items at the different levels only drops the weapons department by one level. With the two purple upgraded power boosters, every opening is like having the first shot option.
Post by supersonic05   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 am

supersonic05
Ensign

The boss was harder this week, but I was still able to beat him with my heavy cruiser with only using Hull perpetrator missiles. I was a little disappointed in the Cargo Pod, I got a Legendary for the boss only go some conduit and 24k metal and missiles I never use.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

From what I can tell, the live event boxes are a fixed rarity (you will always get a Legendary box for the boss, for example). The contents are less than what you would get outside of the live event, and Legendary box's only equipment drop will be the special gear for that live event (in order to prevent farming other legendaries). In short, there's no reason to keep playing the live event if you got the equipment to drop.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Duckk wrote:From what I can tell, the live event boxes are a fixed rarity (you will always get a Legendary box for the boss, for example). The contents are less than what you would get outside of the live event, and Legendary box's only equipment drop will be the special gear for that live event (in order to prevent farming other legendaries). In short, there's no reason to keep playing the live event if you got the equipment to drop.
I think the other two encounters in the live event might be a better place to farm for missiles; they seem to drop more than normal encounters.

But I haven't looking seriously into it because I hardly use anything but hull penetrators anymore.

Return to Multimedia