Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Multiple modules of same type: Stacking or overlapping?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: Multiple modules of same type: Stacking or overlapping?
Post by Yow   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Norm.bone wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:Yep, the last game update fixed those trainers so they actually do something now.
And yes, like the upgrade optimization units there doesn't seem to be any reason (beyond laziness) to leave them permanently installed. Just swap them in periodically and see if that completes any upgrades / training.
/quote]

I do this with my fire manifold and facilitator component. Install them when there's a fire.

I do that too. I would rather build up so I don't have to fight them fires. [(Shivers) sorry. Just remembered old silly mantras from GQs and DC drills.]Which sucks when said fire is between you and your damage control equipment. :o Ooooh!!! The Stupid!! It Burns!!!

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

One module type that I recomment to install and upgrade the (bleep) out of are the missile loaders. Sure, faster missiles are cool, but it's sheer numbers of missiles that win battles and by doing two (or more) loaders (robotic and/or auto), you can fire five or six salvos in the time it takes most enemies to fire two.
Now, how cool is that?

Oh, remember to level up the department first. Five salvos of two missiles each do less damage than four salvos of ten.
;)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:One module type that I recomment to install and upgrade the (bleep) out of are the missile loaders. Sure, faster missiles are cool, but it's sheer numbers of missiles that win battles and by doing two (or more) loaders (robotic and/or auto), you can fire five or six salvos in the time it takes most enemies to fire two.
Now, how cool is that?

Oh, remember to level up the department first. Five salvos of two missiles each do less damage than four salvos of ten.
;)

I'm currently running with 2 missile loaders, 1 weapon disruptor, 3 damage boosters, and 1 system booster.

That means I'm only shooting 9 missiles per salvo instead of 11. But every time I get a salvo past the defenses, it does about 1000 damage. A full broadside from a heavy cruiser is ~3000 damage. Going back to 11 missiles per salvo would give me ~725 damage per salvo.

I've found that even 9 missiles in slower salvos are enough to damage systems that *can* be damaged, and the missile loader speed is enough to get shots past everything but the defenses of insanely fast enemies like mission #45.
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:21 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous the intelec evasion computers are, my math says that the diomedes with full engineering of those things has effectively 125,003 hit points
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

BrigadeΔ wrote:Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous the intelec evasion computers are, my math says that the diomedes with full engineering of those things has effectively 125,003 hit points

Yep, those are insane. Much, much, better than either armor or repair. (Especially since it appears that the repair rate is artificially capped at 5 hull points/sec)

But load a ship up with intelec evasion computers, add a couple sidewall amplifiers (which also reduce hull damage) and you ship can get pounded on for ages without dying. Sometimes even long enough for enemies to basically run out of specialty missiles, allowing you to finally repair various things and make a comeback victory.
Post by Rakhmamort   » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:42 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:
BrigadeΔ wrote:Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous the intelec evasion computers are, my math says that the diomedes with full engineering of those things has effectively 125,003 hit points

Yep, those are insane. Much, much, better than either armor or repair. (Especially since it appears that the repair rate is artificially capped at 5 hull points/sec)

But load a ship up with intelec evasion computers, add a couple sidewall amplifiers (which also reduce hull damage) and you ship can get pounded on for ages without dying. Sometimes even long enough for enemies to basically run out of specialty missiles, allowing you to finally repair various things and make a comeback victory.

How many salvos does it take for the enemy to run out of specials? Never happened to me, most of my battles lasts less than 10 of my salvos (that's with the enemy rolling like mad)

Return to Multimedia