Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Bujiji

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: Bujiji
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

It took me about twenty runs on hard to get the component, and it's not even really worth it I don't think.
Post by Dca   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, okay. I had a heavy cruiser and was using BPLs and nukes liberally. That's part of why it seemed expensive. The other part was simply leveling up the upgrades that reap. I've been working on efficiency more, starting with a hull pen launch first to use up defenses, then sneak in with hellfires and defense killers before the nuke knockout. I could probably finish them off with hull pens, but that would have drawn out the fight and probably used more defense-killers.

Got mine on the eleventh try. I suspect "weighted" means the more powerful your ship the more you have to work at it. Crown Loyalist, twenty seems beyond the pale. Did you grind and optimize so you have a ton of upgrades past the basic max leveling up each department?

My light cruiser on my android phone seems to be handling the medium level fairly well. But I doubt it would survive even the second fight unless maxed + first shot on hard.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Dca wrote:Okay, okay. I had a heavy cruiser and was using BPLs and nukes liberally. That's part of why it seemed expensive. The other part was simply leveling up the upgrades that reap. I've been working on efficiency more, starting with a hull pen launch first to use up defenses, then sneak in with hellfires and defense killers before the nuke knockout. I could probably finish them off with hull pens, but that would have drawn out the fight and probably used more defense-killers.

Got mine on the eleventh try. I suspect "weighted" means the more powerful your ship the more you have to work at it. Crown Loyalist, twenty seems beyond the pale. Did you grind and optimize so you have a ton of upgrades past the basic max leveling up each department?

My light cruiser on my android phone seems to be handling the medium level fairly well. But I doubt it would survive even the second fight unless maxed + first shot on hard.

I got it on hard on about my 3rd try, it took 8 or so to find it on medium, and I found the easy version first try.

And that's with an end of game ship with mostly all leveled up purple and orange components; if there was a weighting function it should have been heavily against me. Now obviously that's not enough data to be sure, but I do suspect it's just a straight unweighted random roll.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:55 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Dca wrote:My light cruiser on my android phone seems to be handling the medium level fairly well. But I doubt it would survive even the second fight unless maxed + first shot on hard.

After seeing this, I began to wonder. What if...?

I'd barely survived my only attempt at the second enemy in hard mode. What would happen if I tried to take a well upgraded but hardly maxed out light cruiser up against that... heavy cruiser? Battlecruiser?

I figured I might as well try to fumble with the recording system while I'm at it.

Turns out the answer is a nasty, seven minute long mutual shellacking (and thirty seconds of fumbling with the video recording to see if it's on at the beginning), that ended with me at 202 HP and staring down a mixed broadside of Maverick anti-CM missiles and Mk 13 bomb-pumped lasers. Link to video:

https://everyplay.com/videos/6250740

When he nailed me with the Mk 13s at 2:22, I thought it was all over but the exploding. You may find my choice of missiles throughout the engagement to be interesting as well.

Edit: Well ain't that just a kick in the teeth. After the fourth time through, "This component requires a level 12 officer". Marked level 7, but I guess component level and officer level aren't quite the same thing.
Post by Yow   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

RandomGraysuit wrote:
Borealis wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Event scales to the class of ship you use? I used the Dauntless with the 3 missile tubes. If it doesn't scale, trying it with the first 2 ships would be mildly difficult...

As far as I can tell, it does not.

This makes using the Courageous, with its level 10 officer limits, lower system level restriction, pair of missile batteries (that as it turns out, fire missiles with 50% the power of the Dauntless) and fewer item upgrade slots a significant challenge.

Beating the Medium mode isn't that bad. I've yet to finish the third enemy in Hard mode. This week's challenge features an enemy with additional system damage protection and fast repair rates, both hull and system. The key to beating him with approximately 12-15% of the firepower of an upgraded Dauntless appears to be going directly after his hit points while trying to batter down weapons for sheer survival.

Agreed, I've cleared the easy and medium levels with the light cruiser HMS Courageous no problems. Hard level. With level 10 officers and rare components :roll: real hard. Almost impossible except I did it. Sorta of. I'm resting at the outpost and licking my wounds before I take on the last one in the 7000 hull range. My hull is 2250. I tried several techniques. I quit trying to defeat his defenses and just went for his offense and hull with Mk13s and nukes. I pounded ( very slowly) him wit Mk13s and waited till his missile offense was down and swapped to nukes and kept'em coming. All the time defending and rolling like crazy. https://everyplay.com/videos/6271463

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Yow wrote:https://everyplay.com/videos/6271463

VERY nice. The last two enemies in the hard mode share the same name- was that your replay of the 2nd or 3rd one?
Post by Direwolf18   » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

I get it every 4-5 runs. I keep re running it cause the rewards are good, and if I get an extra one I can sell it for a toooon of metal.
Post by Yow   » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

RandomGraysuit wrote:
Yow wrote:https://everyplay.com/videos/6271463

VERY nice. The last two enemies in the hard mode share the same name- was that your replay of the 2nd or 3rd one?

Unfortunately the second one. My phone is buggy and kept crashing me out of the game altogether or would let me in with damage already accrued, usually in engineering or sidewalls. Every time I would get to the third fight I would last about 2/3 and get stomped by hellfires. I played it all weekend but not all was lost. I took a 2225 hull light cruiser up against a 7000 hull heavy cruiser with battle damage and only two missile salvos and came away with very rare boosters and very rare photonics computer and nanotechnology fluid distributor and a very nice video of me kicking ass(barely). ;)

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Yow wrote:Unfortunately the second one. My phone is buggy and kept crashing me out of the game altogether or would let me in with damage already accrued, usually in engineering or sidewalls. Every time I would get to the third fight I would last about 2/3 and get stomped by hellfires. I played it all weekend but not all was lost. I took a 2225 hull light cruiser up against a 7000 hull heavy cruiser with battle damage and only two missile salvos and came away with very rare boosters and very rare photonics computer and nanotechnology fluid distributor and a very nice video of me kicking ass(barely). ;)

That series of fights was awesome. I did it a few times, and my 2100 HP light cruiser should be about a 3500 HP light cruiser once all this armor gets upgraded. You didn't miss much from the actual unique item itself- it can't even go into your ship unless you have level 12 officers. :roll:

I *did* walk away with something like 2500 of some types of missiles though, which makes them almost free when running into enemies with too much of those defenses. The 112,500 metal every time the unique item came up was nice too.
Post by Sharidann   » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

Sharidann
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

The Problem of the live Event, in my eyes, is that if you have a more or less maxed out ship, then the Event in itself, even in hard Modus, is too easy.

I wanted to Play it safe the first time and use BPL-Missiles, shouldn't have bothered. Just using my good old unlimited Missiles was more than enough.

Right now, the game is enjoyable every now and then but without any Kind of challenge whatsoever with a Level 20 Crew, a heavy cruiser and Level 10 sections all over the place.

Very Hard and humongous challenges would be welcome.

Return to Multimedia