Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Bujiji

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Bujiji
Post by Dca   » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

I tried to write this up as a communique, but just couldn't.

I've beaten the "hard" Bujiji episode ten times now, but no dissipator. On my Android (replay!) I've beaten the boss five or six times on medium. Still no payout. Am I just unlucky? What's your experience been?

Getting a very rare pod that's empty was not a treat. Grinding on this is getting expensive, too. Is it worth it? What does this item actually do?

(Edit) looks like others are getting the drop 3, 7 or 10 tries, so maybe I'm not that far off. What does the "weighted chance" weigh on? Is my ship penalized for being maxed out? (Or close, there are a few new items to buy....)
Re: Bujiji
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

I got the L7 dissipator on my fourth run-through.
Got massively stocked-up on most of my missiles as well...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by crewdude48   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:40 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Dca wrote:I tried to write this up as a communique, but just couldn't.

I've beaten the "hard" Bujiji episode ten times now, but no dissipator. On my Android (replay!) I've beaten the boss five or six times on medium. Still no payout. Am I just unlucky? What's your experience been?

Getting a very rare pod that's empty was not a treat. Grinding on this is getting expensive, too. Is it worth it? What does this item actually do?

(Edit) looks like others are getting the drop 3, 7 or 10 tries, so maybe I'm not that far off. What does the "weighted chance" weigh on? Is my ship penalized for being maxed out? (Or close, there are a few new items to buy....)

I got it on hard on my 9th run through. The device reduces the damage that BPLs do to your bridge. I do have to ask, what do you mean by getting expensive? If your ship is maxed out, it shouldn't be that hard to beat it with hull penetrators. They are all I used, in sequenced fire, and I never had more then one hundred points of damage.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:47 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Dca wrote:Grinding on this is getting expensive, too.

Are you beating the hard boss in a light cruiser? If so, care to share techniques? If you're running a heavy cruiser that's nearly maxed out, I can't imagine that it's terribly difficult without any special missiles.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:37 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Make sure you have a Nav Processor (Hypervalent or above). This will give you more warp charges so you don't have to wait as long to recharge after a couple of run-throughs or waste prestige on forced recharges.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Borealis   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I feel fortunate that I finished the third time through on Hard. I did do it first as Easy, next at Medium, and the final three times on Hard. Not sure if that may matter or not...

I only needed purchased missiles for the 3rd ship, the first 2 I got by with just the Hull Penetrators.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Event scales to the class of ship you use? I used the Dauntless with the 3 missile tubes. If it doesn't scale, trying it with the first 2 ships would be mildly difficult...
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:26 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Borealis wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Event scales to the class of ship you use? I used the Dauntless with the 3 missile tubes. If it doesn't scale, trying it with the first 2 ships would be mildly difficult...

As far as I can tell, it does not.

This makes using the Courageous, with its level 10 officer limits, lower system level restriction, pair of missile batteries (that as it turns out, fire missiles with 50% the power of the Dauntless) and fewer item upgrade slots a significant challenge.

Beating the Medium mode isn't that bad. I've yet to finish the third enemy in Hard mode. This week's challenge features an enemy with additional system damage protection and fast repair rates, both hull and system. The key to beating him with approximately 12-15% of the firepower of an upgraded Dauntless appears to be going directly after his hit points while trying to batter down weapons for sheer survival.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
Make sure you have a Nav Processor (Hypervalent or above). This will give you more warp charges so you don't have to wait as long to recharge after a couple of run-throughs or waste prestige on forced recharges.

Yeah, running through the live event uses up warp charges quickly; having to use up 3 charges for each attempt run.

BTW I'm not sure there is a better version of the Hypervalent Nav Processor. I've never seen it as anything but a Rare (blue) component. (Ditto for the rare Fire Mitigation Manifold - multi-touch fire fighting).

Still, I agree having a leveled up Nav Processor, letting you hold a total of 10 warp charges, can really help. That's probably good for two extra live-event run per play session; since by the time you've fought through 10 battles you've probably regenerated 2-3 more warp charges.
Post by thanatos   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:14 am

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

I have the component twice already and I got it the first time in the hardest level after 3 tries.

Dca wrote:I tried to write this up as a communique, but just couldn't.

Post by Norm.bone   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am

Norm.bone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Dca wrote:

It took me 11 tries on Hard to get the drop.

Then I got another on my next run through. Go figure.

Return to Multimedia