Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

First iOS live event is up

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
First iOS live event is up
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Just noticed the first of the live events (new in app version 1.3) is active.

3 fights and one outpost. I tried easy first just to see what it was like (and 'cause I kind of want to see all three version of the unique equipment).

So far I've gotten a rare version of the unique item, a Dissipation Field I.
"Radical improvements in on-board shielding sets up a dissipation field around your Bridge. This field greatly reduces localized damage from laser missiles"
Damage Reduction From BPL. [lvl 1 = 0.900x, lvl 2 = 0.800x, lvl 3 = ???]

Easy was very easy for me, but I'd beaten the game and my ship is pretty loaded out. The enemy ships had 500, 1000, and 2000 hull points respectively (so the first two died in a single missile salvo)

Medium was 1000, 2000, 5000 hull points

Hard was 2500, 7000, 7000 hull points (but the last guy has maxed out EMC, CM, and Lasers)

Obviously hull points aren't everything, but hopefully that gives people a scale by which to compare to their ship, or the encounters they have been fighting, to help calibrate what "easy", "medium", and "hard" mean.

Oh, and if you can survive the first two fights in Hard it opens up an Outpost with a number of very rare (purple) items
Prototype Z-RZ Booster (level booster; 2 of these leveled up will max out any sector in your final ship)
Gravitic Wave Thrusters (Roll ability refresh boost)
Nantite Fluid Distributor (hull repair speed in combat)
Photonic Computer (reduces hull damage)
//Note the output in this live event is only accessible after you've beaten the 2nd fight and before you beat the 3rd.
Re: First iOS live event is up
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

I blew through hard without a problem four times, but no dice on the unique component yet.

I think the main difference is in the enemy ship resilience. The HP for the last guy is 7000ish, but I knocked him with salvo after salvo and never dented his systems. Most ships I face I cripple after two good hits.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:I blew through hard without a problem four times, but no dice on the unique component yet.

I think the main difference is in the enemy ship resilience. The HP for the last guy is 7000ish, but I knocked him with salvo after salvo and never dented his systems. Most ships I face I cripple after two good hits.
I'm not sure how tough his systems were. I've only run through hard once so far.

I think I've got enough damage boosters I could have taken him without too much trouble with just hull penetrators, but he rolled behind his wedge and I took the opportunity to jam a 2/3rd of a launch of Mk13 laser heads down his throat while his wedge blocked his defensive fire. Those knocked his systems back heavily and the fight was over shortly after.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:
Crown Loyalist wrote:I blew through hard without a problem four times, but no dice on the unique component yet.

I'm not sure how tough his systems were. I've only run through hard once so far.

I think I've got enough damage boosters I could have taken him without too much trouble with just hull penetrators, but he rolled behind his wedge and I took the opportunity to jam a 2/3rd of a launch of Mk13 laser heads down his throat while his wedge blocked his defensive fire. Those knocked his systems back heavily and the fight was over shortly after.

The current android live event is the same, shocker lol, and I beat him just with HP, but it definately took time to do so.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

For low-HP enemies, I tend to use a triple-battery launch to start with, then follow up with specific missiles if needed.
For high HP enemies I tend to use Anti-EMP, anti-Laser and anti-Sidewall first (in that order) to suppress the defences, then a mix of anti-weapon, standard and hull-damage with a Mk-13 salvo thrown in if the enemy rolls, timed to catch them as they roll back.
For me, it's a good compromise between total damage and keeping the replacement costs to a reasonable level.
For long battles, I open with special missiles and then switch to using the basic missiles in a timed barrage with each battery launching when the previous one reaches the half-way point in my counter-missile area.
Got me through Hard without taking any damage...
Didn't get the special item, though...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:For low-HP enemies, I tend to use a triple-battery launch to start with, then follow up with specific missiles if needed.
For high HP enemies I tend to use Anti-EMP, anti-Laser and anti-Sidewall first (in that order) to suppress the defences, then a mix of anti-weapon, standard and hull-damage with a Mk-13 salvo thrown in if the enemy rolls, timed to catch them as they roll back.
For me, it's a good compromise between total damage and keeping the replacement costs to a reasonable level.
For long battles, I open with special missiles and then switch to using the basic missiles in a timed barrage with each battery launching when the previous one reaches the half-way point in my counter-missile area.

Except for the Warnke battle I tend to refrain from special missles. With enemies with hevey defenses I tend to stager my launches so that the ECM only hits one wave. If any survue the CM missles are wasted, otherwise the CM fire for the second wave. Any left for the PDL, otherwise the 3rd wave for the PDF, with remaining hitting side walls and doing damage. The second salvo for each tube is well on its way at this time.
I am ok with doing this because I enjoy the challange of managing the defenses against massive salvos. :D call me silly
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:For low-HP enemies, I tend to use a triple-battery launch to start with, then follow up with specific missiles if needed.
I've got my ship up to the point were I rarely bother with special missiles.

I just did another run through on hard and killed the final boss on my 8th full salvo of hull penetrators. No staggered launches, no special missiles, just lobbing out full salvos approximately as soon as the missile are ready to launch (a few delays while I was messing with my own defenses)

And I got lucky enough to get the Legendary unique item.
Dissipation Field III
lvl 7 = 0.500, lvl 8 = 0.400, lvl 9+ ??
(and since it costs 896k metal to upgrade I think this one will wait a while before I work on it :D )

Still if it kept on that track by level 10 that component might well block 80% of the damage a laserhead would normally do to my bridge.
Post by Idol Dev   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Hi everyone!

Would love to get feedback on this live event. Yes, it is the same event for both Android and iOS. They will stay together going forward.

There is a weighted chance that the final boss will drop the event component. We'll play with that chance as the events progress and we see how frequently they're dropping.

We may also modify the difficulty of the encounters as the event progresses. We've started increasing the speed that the AI heals it's systems and as you've noticed we've increased some of their system hit points so they survive longer.

Let me know if you run into any problems, I'd be happy to work through them with you.

Thanks!
Jeff
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

NOT A COMPLAINT!!!!
I just did Missl Bonus on the 3rd Battle of Hard and was rewarded with a Legen- wait for it- dary box with, among other things, 138 nukes!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
all nukes makes me a happy boy!
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Anyone else find that the map screen on the Live Event starts with the battles etc out of the normal field of view? I have to scroll around just to find where I am meant to be...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Multimedia