Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

The Secret Fleet crashing on android tablet and pc bluestack

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet crashing on android tablet and pc bluestack
Post by Kaezar   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Kaezar
Ensign

Starting new thread here to avoid derailing (even more ;) ) the other thread.

Bluestacks usually starts loading, shows the entering page, then shows a screen saying "Loading Files" then returns to the bluestacks screen. Same used to happen to the tablet before 1.5.1, but it said "Out of Memory" before the crash.

After 1.5.1 the game plays on the tablet, but it still crashes a lot (about one every 5 or 6 fights) and about 1/2 the times it also says "out of memory". Notice it doesn't always crash on the fights, sometimes it also does on the officer screen, mostly when I re-open the tablet.

I also noticed it often happens when it plays the sound effect for the upgrading complete for an item.
Re: The Secret Fleet crashing on android tablet and pc blues
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Just crashed for me again through bluestacks, after the loading screens opens with the picture of the ships but before you go to the ship. it just gets stuck there and does nothing if i leave it open without doing anything, but crashes if i multitask by working in another window while it loads.

wondering if its an emulator bug.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by Kaezar   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Kaezar
Ensign

It started working again on bluestacks, just as misteriously as it stopped. The only difference I have seen (from looking on my tablet) is that the opening screen changed from the advisement to update on android/ios to the Live Event's anouncement

The game is still choppy as hell, though.

Just for curiousity's sake, which amount of memory is the game supposed to use while running, at maximum?

Thanks for the attention.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Getting further than before with the new update, but now instead of crashing, refusing to load past opening shot of the battling ships, no matter how long its left there.
`

Post by RandomGraysuit   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 am

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

Spacekiwi wrote:Getting further than before with the new update, but now instead of crashing, refusing to load past opening shot of the battling ships, no matter how long its left there.

Based on the new live event, I think I've somewhat isolated it. Whatever internal command triggers the live event splash screen and then transitions to the game bypasses the event that causes the game to freeze and/or chain-reload at the end of the loading screen.

Weird, but bugs are like that.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Yeah, thats probably it. it was freezing for me when there was no live events, but now there is, no freezing. thanks for the heads up.

RandomGraysuit wrote:
Spacekiwi wrote:Getting further than before with the new update, but now instead of crashing, refusing to load past opening shot of the battling ships, no matter how long its left there.

Based on the new live event, I think I've somewhat isolated it. Whatever internal command triggers the live event splash screen and then transitions to the game bypasses the event that causes the game to freeze and/or chain-reload at the end of the loading screen.

Weird, but bugs are like that.
`

Return to Multimedia