Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

how about a browser based game

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
how about a browser based game
Post by barkerpa3466   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:25 pm

barkerpa3466
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I enjoy playing secret feet, my only complaints are that it sucks my battery and you require wifi connection order play other than that it's a fun phone based game to play. however I think it would be more interesting to have maybe a browser based game where you are able to control multiple ships a small fleet maybe a small task force make it more like RTS games. I think it would be fun to be able to plot intercept courses and have a deeper strategy other than what missiles and defensive counters to employ. Then maybe right before the movie release, release a console based game...where we can use ghosts rider, LAC's and missile pods. I don't know I just have something based off of star trek legacy or nexus the Jupiter incident running through my head.
Re: how about a browser based game
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

I'm IN!

Jeff
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

A console based game?

Does this mean we can finally get Honorverse uniforms and treecat companions for our PSHome avatars?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Dca   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Ummm ... If they'd done a JavaScript / WebGL version first, maybe. But remember they already have an Objective C (ios) and a Java (or is it more native?) version to maintain. You're already seeing Idol Minds bounce back and forth with updates. Do you really want to saddle them with a third dev environment to maintain? It'll cost you in features and story content ....
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

If you want a pc based version, you can use the bluestacks emulator to run the android version on your pc to play.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Dca   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Spacekiwi wrote:If you want a pc based version, you can use the bluestacks emulator to run the android version on your pc to play.

Exactly.

What market would a browser version buy? Recognizing that Firefox is different from Chrome, IE is special, and I wouldn't want to think about all the other browsers out there.
Post by barkerpa3466   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 pm

barkerpa3466

Dca wrote:
Spacekiwi wrote:If you want a pc based version, you can use the bluestacks emulator to run the android version on your pc to play.

Exactly.

What market would a browser version buy? Recognizing that Firefox is different from Chrome, IE is special, and I wouldn't want to think about all the other browsers out there.

If you went browser version you could bring another demographic of people (there are a lot of people that are not savvy enough to be able to use an emulator or don't want to go though the trouble of it.) you can also increase the the tactical ability of the game i.e. multiple ship task forces piloting your own course thought the system, LACs, pods and ghost rider. also better graphics. and the game does not have to be coded for a specific browser. look at all of the other browser based games out there.

I like the idea of a console game better with a solid campaign story and strong multiplayer aspect. and the version made for xbox one should also port easily over to PC.

remember the idea behind the game and the comics is to increase the base of honor fans. Also do a youtube search Nexus:the Jupiter incident then think of what it would be like to have an honor game with similar abilities to that.
Post by Dca   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

barkerpa3466 wrote:
If you went browser version you could bring another demographic of people (there are a lot of people that are not savvy enough to be able to use an emulator or don't want to go though the trouble of it.) you can also increase the the tactical ability of the game i.e. multiple ship task forces piloting your own course thought the system, LACs, pods and ghost rider. also better graphics. and the game does not have to be coded for a specific browser. look at all of the other browser based games out there.

I like the idea of a console game better with a solid campaign story and strong multiplayer aspect. and the version made for xbox one should also port easily over to PC.

remember the idea behind the game and the comics is to increase the base of honor fans. Also do a youtube search Nexus:the Jupiter incident then think of what it would be like to have an honor game with similar abilities to that.

Ah, but you miss my point. Yes, you can pick up another demographic, but at what cost? You outline many new features that would be very cool, but aren't necessarily restricted to PC play. Those features could play well on tablets too. I've outlined many of these features to the devs too.

The idea I see is to build a self-sustaining ecosystem that will expand organically to its natural limits. That means making money along the way. See "Crossing the Chasm" as illustrating the issue.
Post by barkerpa3466   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:05 pm

barkerpa3466

I agree the cost of such a venture could be the deciding factor . however I belive they are striving for creating a movie franchise like twilight or Harry Potter which are the exceptions not the rule. The best prime example currently is Enders game, it has an in depth universe to draw from and the started their own comics as well but the turn out was a little lack luster ( personality I think part of that was because the movie changed some of the internal meaning of the book.) I think an Honor franchise currently might be a little better off because of the new phone game, the young adult novels and bringing in Timothy Zahn ( I bring up Mr. Zhan because it will start the star wars crowd looking in Honor's direction.) will dramatically help the possibility of a successful movie franchise. And even with all of that going on the only way to get the general masses intrested in the movie will be the previews prior the the movies release. But if they released a console game the average person walking into a best buy, game stop and Wal-Mart will be introduced to the world of Honor. Also prior to the release of the game I would do what Microsoft did with Halo by doing a little online miniseries (Forward unto dawn) check it out on Netflix. but in the short term I think they should look at porting the current phone game to Xbox one in the indy game section because there is currently not of alot of content there yet, so it will be on the top and the cost should be relatively small. So yes doing a console game could be expensive but those costs could be minimized by using a current game engine and in the end if you have a successful movie franchise coupled with a successful game franchise the cost of the game would pay for its self.

Return to Multimedia