Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

i'm New to Secret Fleet

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
i'm New to Secret Fleet
Post by NECWalker   » Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 am

NECWalker
Midshipman

I'm getting stomped early on. I may have gone to the Enigma sector too soon. Here's the question, how can I upgrade my ship so I have more missiles firing and defensive fire?

Has anybody seen a walk through for the first few levels?

Thanks,

NECWalker
Re: i'm New to Secret Fleet
Post by Thumper   » Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 am

Thumper
Midshipman

NECWalker wrote:I'm getting stomped early on. I may have gone to the Enigma sector too soon. Here's the question, how can I upgrade my ship so I have more missiles firing and defensive fire?

Thanks,

NECWalker

Use lvl upgrading components in ur weapons system the higher the lvl the more missles fired at a time. Same goes for defensive a also
Post by NECWalker   » Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am

NECWalker
Midshipman

ok, i have some of those. but how do i get a new ship?
Post by Duckk   » Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 am

Duckk
Site Admin

You automatically get a new ship once you progress far enough in the story.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Thumper   » Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 am

Thumper
Midshipman

NECWalker wrote:ok, i have some of those. but how do i get a new ship?

You get a new upgraded ship at the beginning of every other sector. Well at least that's how it was.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 29, 2014 11:52 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

When you finally reach a station that sells the RZ-type level booster (purple text), DO NOT CONTINUE to the next sector until you have purchased 14 of them.
Set 2 to each area (bridge, weapons etc) and upgrade the hell out of them. When two in a section both hit L8, it'll mean that your section is at L10.
You may need to get your crew up to L13 or thereabouts in order to max out the components.
The reason for this? To hit L10 if you only have 1 RZ booster, you need 2 Level-III Boosters as well. Buying the RZ-type frees up a space you can use for another component.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu May 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Thumper wrote:
NECWalker wrote:I'm getting stomped early on. I may have gone to the Enigma sector too soon. Here's the question, how can I upgrade my ship so I have more missiles firing and defensive fire?

Thanks,

NECWalker

Use lvl upgrading components in ur weapons system the higher the lvl the more missles fired at a time. Same goes for defensive a also
Yeah, that's something I'd initially missed - I focused on the components that appeared to offer more significant changes (lower cooldown times, etc).

But those level upgrades have a huge effect on your ship. Bump up your level in weapons and you launch more missiles per salvo. Bump up the level in Counter Missiles and your CMs can kill more enemy missiles per launch.

So I'd focus first on raising your section levels as high as you can, then look at things like decreased cooldown time, or faster repairs.
Post by crewdude48   » Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Jonathan_S wrote:
Thumper wrote:
Yeah, that's something I'd initially missed - I focused on the components that appeared to offer more significant changes (lower cooldown times, etc).

But those level upgrades have a huge effect on your ship. Bump up your level in weapons and you launch more missiles per salvo. Bump up the level in Counter Missiles and your CMs can kill more enemy missiles per launch.

So I'd focus first on raising your section levels as high as you can, then look at things like decreased cooldown time, or faster repairs.

Since we are on the subject, does anybody know what leveling up the bridge and engineering spaces do?
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:Since we are on the subject, does anybody know what leveling up the bridge and engineering spaces do?

Bridge upgrading isn't that important overall as it affects the timing between rolls.
If you need to roll more than three times, you're either outmatched, have screwed up or are in an end-of-sector slugging match.
Engineering apparently helps to fight fires faster when you tap on the burning tile. I'm not sure, but I think the level also adjust repair times. Evergreen will know for sure.

For levelling priority, I found that Weapons, Counter Missiles, Lasers, Sidewalls, ECM, Bridge and Engineering in that order seemed to work best for me.
Naturally, you may find a different order works best for you.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Yow   » Fri May 30, 2014 1:25 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Level boosters like others have said will increase each sections ability to fire more missiles, CM and lasers also it will increase you're ability to repair, roll (don't under estimate that ability) sidewalls missile absorption.

For quick automatic recharge and repairs:
Sidewalls- Sidewall Regenerator,
Lasers- Laser Integrator and the Laser Charger(cool down)
Counter Measures- CM Integrator and the CM Tracking(cool down)
ECM- ECM Integrator ECM Computer(cool down)
(depending on rarity of each item they'll have different names so read for description)

Until you get further into the game and accumulate enough currency you'll probably run yourself out of Mk13s and Nukes a lot. IMO Hull Penetrators are the best all around and they're freeeeeeee :lol: . I wish I could sell my other missles. Definitely would get the look of shame from the jeune ecole for my traditional stance :D

I believe anything that looks like an old mine is an augmenter for offensive weapons that are just placed in their respective section for identification instead of weapons section.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"

Return to Multimedia