Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

The Secret Fleet - Component Questions

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet - Component Questions
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed May 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

At this point I think I've figured out most of the components, but a couple still confuse me (or at least don't seem to do that they say)

The Simulators (Specialty Simulator, BuTrain Neural Simulator; don't remember the names of the white or green versions) - they look like they should work on officer upgrades like the Informatics Server, Enhancement Matrix, Integration Web, and Optimization Unit do for component upgrades.

But, as far as I can tell, they don't. Installing or removing them doesn't appear to affect the countdown timer for any officer upgrades. (Unlike the component upgrades where you can see the countdown remaining time alter)

Is there something subtle going on that I'm missing?
I admit I didn't start looking closely at this until my officers were high level (currently all lvl 16 working towards 17); do you need a higher level Simulators to accelerate higher level officers?

The Oscillating Phaser and Omi-Arrayed Phaser - what does the line "Laser Speed" affect?
Is it the same as the "Laser Cooldown Speed" on the Oscillating Laser Charger?

If so it seem you'd never want the standalone Charger since at a given upgrade level its 'Laser Cooldown Speed' is worse than the 'Laser Speed' of the equivalent Phaser. For example a level 6 rare it's 0.870 for the Phaser to 0.880 for the Charger; compare both to 0.930 for the level 4 uncommon Phaser.
Last edited by Jonathan_S on Wed May 21, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Secret Fleet - Component Questions
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Wed May 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

So far as I can tell, the officer training upgrades don't work. I've got a legendary one of them and it has no effect that I can see.

On another note, the Level in Engineering. It says that it expedites the rate at which fires are put out, but I suspect it also increases the repair rate when your systems are damaged in battle. Can anyone check and confirm?
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:So far as I can tell, the officer training upgrades don't work. I've got a legendary one of them and it has no effect that I can see.
Thanks for that confirmation.
Post by Yow   » Wed May 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I hope everyone is using the in game reporting system to let the developers know your issues. I use them a lot. A lot of the early issues are gone because of that. The simulator issue I have that and they are working on it. Just because someone already reported it doesn't mean you shouldn't follow up as well. By reporting issues , even repeat issues it gives the developer a trend to follow in finding the errors cause either with the game or device settings or even hardware. Use screen shots to support your reports and links to any videos displaying the errors as you find them
I know most of what I configured in my ship works. Lasers, CMs, weapons, fire, tile, and weapons damage suppression and repair all made a significant change. Look in Everplay.com in your replays or in your PCs to see those of us that made it to 6000 hull configurations. It shows what those items can accomplish. I am sure they check here and I would still post here for input but don't forget the in game reporting. it's quicker on response to your games issues. Don't forget to check out the FAQ at http://www.tales-of-honor.com/support/faq

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed May 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Yow wrote:I hope everyone is using the in game reporting system to let the developers know your issues. I use them a lot. A lot of the early issues are gone because of that. The simulator issue I have that and they are working on it. Just because someone already reported it doesn't mean you shouldn't follow up as well. By reporting issues , even repeat issues it gives the developer a trend to follow in finding the errors cause either with the game or device settings or even hardware. Use screen shots to support your reports and links to any videos displaying the errors as you find them
Good point. I did report an issue I kept seeing with the component sale screen of one of the final outposts (all the components are drawn on top of each other).

I hadn't reported the simulator issue though.
Post by Dca   » Thu May 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

This morning I started an officer upgrade -- 3 days. Then installed the neural simulator, no change. Grumble. Came home from work about ten hours later and the upgrade counter was down to 2d3hrs, so it definitely was having an impact after all. Maybe it wasn't working while upgrading?
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Thu May 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

Dca wrote:This morning I started an officer upgrade -- 3 days. Then installed the neural simulator, no change. Grumble. Came home from work about ten hours later and the upgrade counter was down to 2d3hrs, so it definitely was having an impact after all. Maybe it wasn't working while upgrading?

Huh, that's interesting. Sounds like it's a display problem then.
Post by Thumper   » Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Thumper
Midshipman

Jonathan_S wrote:
Yow wrote:I hope everyone is using the in game reporting system to let the developers know your issues. I use them a lot. A lot of the early issues are gone because of that. The simulator issue I have that and they are working on it. Just because someone already reported it doesn't mean you shouldn't follow up as well. By reporting issues , even repeat issues it gives the developer a trend to follow in finding the errors cause either with the game or device settings or even hardware. Use screen shots to support your reports and links to any videos displaying the errors as you find them
Good point. I did report an issue I kept seeing with the component sale screen of one of the final outposts (all the components are drawn on top of each other).

I hadn't reported the simulator issue though.

I had the same problem with the components all on top of each other. What I did to correct it was go to the missile page then use the arrows to switch back to the component page and they were back how their suppose to be.
Post by Dca   » Fri May 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Crown Loyalist wrote:
Dca wrote:This morning I started an officer upgrade -- 3 days. Then installed the neural simulator, no change. Grumble. Came home from work about ten hours later and the upgrade counter was down to 2d3hrs, so it definitely was having an impact after all. Maybe it wasn't working while upgrading?

There were definitely display problems with the days presented. At first the level and days overlapped so it showed 14d to start. But that wasn't this issue.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:

I attempted to reproduce and wasn't able to.

I had 1 day and a couple minutes left on all four officers' upgrades. I stuck enough simulators that it should have dropped the time remaining by at least 5 hours. So I set a timer to remind me to check a couple minutes before 24 hours were up. I also looked in a couple times during the day and saw the time still counting down exactly on pace. And sure enough all four officers finished their upgrades right about that 24 hour mark; not at the 19 hours I'd have expected.

So in this case it definitely wasn't just a display bug. The time to upgrade wasn't affected by the simulator's installed on my bridge.

Ah well, one less thing competing for space. (And hopefully the officers have a level cap at 18, so they've all just begun their final upgrade. (Or at least that's as far as I appear to need them to finish upgrading my legendary components)

Return to Multimedia