Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Secret Fleet on Android & PC

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: The Secret Fleet on Android & PC
Post by Yow   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I like Adrian079's idea whether it's a U or or a flashing light or what ever. Something to make you aware of what's up. Maybe something to tell you if it will enhance or it's just sitting there taking up space. Like on the bridge when it tells you items can only be used once, you know. Over there in the lovers corner.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:46 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Adrian079 wrote:
crewdude48 wrote:As for the sidewall thing, I think it is like in the "real" Honorverse, where not everything isn stopped by the sidewalls.

And I would be ok with it IF it worked the same for all missiles all the time.
Right now Im stuck at mission 30, and I noticed something. I launched 14 MK-13 and only 3 got through active defenses. So If it was like in anti laser missiles Warnecke's ship should lost 1 sidewall and should have some damage to its systems.
WRONG- I disabled 3 of 5 sidewalls and no system damage. And after 3 more MK-13 salvos and some Nukes I died. The enemy's salvos cose even with full upgrades I got overwhelmed.
Other thing
It would be nice to find a place to find out what each bonus before fight means- so for a really tough battle I could choose the best one.
EDIT Had another idea: to have a symbol on an installed components that it is upgradeable- so It would be easy to see- maybe a "u" in lover corner of an installed component.

I am stuck fighting him too. It seems like he can maitain those massive salvos, even with his weapons damaged 2/3 by hellfire missles.
As for sidewalls, I get that the limit the damage sometimes but I have had it where 2 laser destroyers missles come, and I let them through to save my defenses, one will get stopped by the sidewalls and the other will go through and knock out 2/3 of my laser defenses. I get that it will punch through, but should the damage be limited, taking out 1 of my clusters vs 4 or 5 of them?

3 sidenotes:
1) Gov. Stead's assitant in the Breslau sector looks a lot like Ransom from the comic. Was that intentional?
2) Do you guys want to know about gramatical errors? I have seen 2 or 3, mostly just no spaces between words but ignored them because they had no effect on the gameplay.
3) I saw you increase missle prices in the iOS version. Will that be happeneing in the android version as well?

Signed,
Commodore Oakius, grinding to level up before defeating Warnecke.
(Aaddicted Game Player)
Post by crewdude48   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Hay, idol Dev, I know from your other posts that in the IOs version you have reduced the refresh rate of the BPLs. Does that make it the same as the Android version? And does that effect the firing rate of the enemy? And if so, I think you need to do something about Warnecke. He seams to use salvoes of mostly BPLs, and the rate they come in at makes them impossible to dodge or shoot them all down. If he is using the same missile mix as before, but can shoot faster, he has gotten much more difficult.
Post by Yow   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

crewdude48 wrote:Hay, idol Dev, I know from your other posts that in the IOs version you have reduced the refresh rate of the BPLs. Does that make it the same as the Android version? And does that effect the firing rate of the enemy? And if so, I think you need to do something about Warnecke. He seams to use salvoes of mostly BPLs, and the rate they come in at makes them impossible to dodge or shoot them all down. If he is using the same missile mix as before, but can shoot faster, he has gotten much more difficult.

:x They increased the refresh rate on the Mk13 BPLs and reduced my Hull Penetrators. :P :D oh well

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

crewdude48 wrote:Hay, idol Dev, I know from your other posts that in the IOs version you have reduced the refresh rate of the BPLs. Does that make it the same as the Android version? And does that effect the firing rate of the enemy? And if so, I think you need to do something about Warnecke. He seams to use salvoes of mostly BPLs, and the rate they come in at makes them impossible to dodge or shoot them all down. If he is using the same missile mix as before, but can shoot faster, he has gotten much more difficult.

Hi Crewdude!
Yes, the changes to the missiles affect both Android and iOS. They also affect the AI, as they are global missile changes.
Yeah, a ton of Mk 13's is hard to fight off.
I'll go play the Warnecke fight again and see if something is different.

Jeff
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:19 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Idol Dev wrote:

Hi Crewdude!
Yes, the changes to the missiles affect both Android and iOS. They also affect the AI, as they are global missile changes.
Yeah, a ton of Mk 13's is hard to fight off.
I'll go play the Warnecke fight again and see if something is different.

Jeff

I DID IT!! He is not unbeatable!! I just needed two of the refresh accelerators on each of my defenses, the sidewall thing from the live event, two missile load time accelerators, the 1400mm armor, all at max upgrade for current ship, a boost sidewall prebattle option, and I spammed him with hellfire's until he was having trouble firing back.

And even then it was a close run thing; I was at under 500 hull with expended defenses and a bunch of nukes headed in when he died. It would have been mutual destruction if the incoming didn't vanish when he died.

Seriously, if I had been a casual gamer, instead of a diehard Honor fan, I would have walked away from this a couple of days ago.
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Are you talking about mission 30? The Warnecke mission in the Sachsen-sector?

crewdude48 wrote:I DID IT!! He is not unbeatable!! I just needed two of the refresh accelerators on each of my defenses, the sidewall thing from the live event, two missile load time accelerators, the 1400mm armor, all at max upgrade for current ship, a boost sidewall prebattle option, and I spammed him with hellfire's until he was having trouble firing back.

And even then it was a close run thing; I was at under 500 hull with expended defenses and a bunch of nukes headed in when he died. It would have been mutual destruction if the incoming didn't vanish when he died.

Seriously, if I had been a casual gamer, instead of a diehard Honor fan, I would have walked away from this a couple of days ago.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

[quote="Bruno Behrends"]Are you talking about mission 30? The Warnecke mission in the Sachsen-sector?

quote]

Yes he is. I had trouble with that mission as well. Spent sooooo many hellfires trying to lower his attack, but even with his weapons mostly in the red he still was able to lauch salvos that would come close to swamping full freash defenses, nevermind mostly or totally crippled ones. I finally got lucky with perfect timing on defense and offence.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:40 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Commodore Oakius wrote:
Bruno Behrends wrote:Are you talking about mission 30? The Warnecke mission in the Sachsen-sector?

Yes he is. I had trouble with that mission as well. Spent sooooo many hellfires trying to lower his attack, but even with his weapons mostly in the red he still was able to lauch salvos that would come close to swamping full freash defenses, nevermind mostly or totally crippled ones. I finally got lucky with perfect timing on defense and offence.

I queried the toughness of that mission a while back.
Turns out that before a certain update, Warnecke was the End Of Game Boss.
Explains a lot, doesn't it?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:I queried the toughness of that mission a while back.
Turns out that before a certain update, Warnecke was the End Of Game Boss.
Explains a lot, doesn't it?

D'OH!!!!!!!! :oops:
I rememebr reading that too a while back lol.
Totally forgot it though. :) :mrgreen:

Return to Multimedia