Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

The Secret Fleet Outpost unlock.

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet Outpost unlock.
Post by Dirain   » Sun May 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Dirain
Midshipman

Does anyone know how to unlock the Pequod Putpost. Its the locked outpost in the Formori Sector. Also, does anyone know what it has for sale?
Re: The Secret Fleet Outpost unlock.
Post by Duckk   » Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Beats me, I've been grinding every possible mission and got nothing.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by CougRon   » Mon May 12, 2014 4:19 am

CougRon
Midshipman

Wish I knew. Played every system in the sector at least four times at this point and I've long lost count of how many times I've done each of the random missions. I keep an eye out for any mission name or descriptions that feel different, but so far nothing. Is it possible the unlock mission is only available early in the sector? I tried to play the random missions all multiple times before moving on...
Post by Yow   » Mon May 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dirain wrote:Does anyone know how to unlock the Pequod Putpost. Its the locked outpost in the Formori Sector. Also, does anyone know what it has for sale?

Still don't know if it is one mission parameter or just an accumulation of victories over the OFS and Manpower. I opened it once in passing had some change jangling in my pockets so I got what I needed and left. I haven't tried hitting the main system again and branching back out to the planets, yet...

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Dca   » Wed May 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Had a similar experience with the San Miguel outpost in Manassas. Noticed it was unlocked, bought a couple items, and next time around it was locked again. Guess I shoulda stocked up.
Post by CougRon   » Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 pm

CougRon
Midshipman

Got a bug-fix update from the itunes store the other day. Doesn't seem to have fixed the two locked missions though.

If the outpost is locked behind a defeat 'x' enemies count it must be set ridiculously high as I've done every single mission dozens of times. I've lost count. At this point most fights I can win without the other side giving me any damage--sometimes they don't even get to fire a shot if I get the FirstShot buff.

Anyone know if the game makers have a dedicated forum for this sort of discussion? The closest other place I found to discussion on the game was over at toucharcade.
Post by Yow   » Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

CougRon wrote:Got a bug-fix update from the itunes store the other day. Doesn't seem to have fixed the two locked missions though.

If the outpost is locked behind a defeat 'x' enemies count it must be set ridiculously high as I've done every single mission dozens of times. I've lost count. At this point most fights I can win without the other side giving me any damage--sometimes they don't even get to fire a shot if I get the FirstShot buff.

Anyone know if the game makers have a dedicated forum for this sort of discussion? The closest other place I found to discussion on the game was over at toucharcade.

I don't know about a dedicated forum with the developers but in the upper left corner of your ship layout is an option button. Open it and select support. Then select report an issue. It should open up your email to send them a message on what you are having an issue with. For Apple users be sure to include device, model number and iOS version (both in your devices general and about section) to aid them. They usually get back with you in a few days and currently are really helpful and polite. Just to know initially you will get an automated message saying they will get back in contact with you and they do ( my experience at least). Also be sure to check out their FAQ in game and at the http://tales-of-honor.com/support/faq site.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Sorry for the confusion, we've rewritten the text to explain better how to do this. I am reliable informed :

"Play the local random encounters. Defeat 5 of the harder encounters to unlock this station."
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Thu May 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

Evergreen Studios wrote:Sorry for the confusion, we've rewritten the text to explain better how to do this. I am reliable informed :

"Play the local random encounters. Defeat 5 of the harder encounters to unlock this station."

Any of the encounters? I've defeated something like 20 legendary-level missions and the outpost is still locked to me.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu May 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:
Evergreen Studios wrote:Sorry for the confusion, we've rewritten the text to explain better how to do this. I am reliable informed :

Any of the encounters? I've defeated something like 20 legendary-level missions and the outpost is still locked to me.

I took another run as unlocking this. I had the Hypervalent Nav Processor; which gave me 10 total warp charges; at it look long enough that a few more charges accumulated while I fought.

Short answer it still didn't work.

Details: In in the Formori Sector, grinding the 5 random encounters around system 45. I consistently picked the highest rarity encounter for each round of combat, and after each round quickly scrolled over to check the two locked areas (Pequod Output and "Side Quest Locked" which says "Rescue slaves from captivity") to see if they'd unlocked.
I beat 5 legendary, 5 rare, and 3 uncommon random encounters before running out of warp charges and the two areas remained locked the entire time.

Return to Multimedia