Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Tales of Honor Fan Art Contest Winners

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tales of Honor Fan Art Contest Winners
Post by pokermind   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:30 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Congratulations to our Fan Art Contest winners: Misty Menken, Caitlyn StarNight, and Tyler Owens! Each of you will receive a copy of Tales of Honor #1 signed by David Weber and Matt Hawkins, plus Walking With Dinosaurs on DVD!

I don't know which art is by which artist except the last one by fellow poster Admiral StarNight. The art:

Link to Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/TalesofHonor?ref=stream

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Re: Tales of Honor Fan Art Contest Winners
Post by AdmiralStarNight   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 pm

AdmiralStarNight
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

The last on is mine, Tyler Owens did the paper cutout one and the one on top was done by Misty Menken.

I had a lot of fun trying to depict Sphinx properly, not too dense in its cities, yet still a population planet of a rich kingdom. Got to play with the moons because while they have names, they don't have descriptions. Considering, as far as I know, we were the only three to enter, I wonder how true to Weber's mental image the moons are.
~~
Lester Tourville♥
"The Solarian League government is selling many technological advancements and weapons to the Havenites.
Yeah, it's part of a new initiative called, 'Operation: Regret This In Seventeen Years.'"
Re: Tales of Honor Fan Art Contest Winners
Post by Yow   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I didn't know they had a Facebook page :cry: I would love to have entered that contest. Oh well. Great artwork guys :D

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"

Return to Multimedia