Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Trailer for Tales of Honor: The Secret Fleet released

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Trailer for Tales of Honor: The Secret Fleet released
Post by Megas   » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Megas
Midshipman

YouTube link: http://youtu.be/60eqxUFvSeo

For what it appears to be (a freemium in-app-purchase focused game) it looks good, but I was really hoping the devs wouldn't go that route. Maybe I was expecting too much since it seems like all mobile games are moving to that business model these days.

I have an Android phone so I guess I'll be waiting another month to try it out for myself.
Re: Trailer for Tales of Honor: The Secret Fleet released
Post by Yow   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:21 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'm excited. I hope it works and is as fun as it looks.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by crewdude48   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:54 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Yow wrote:I'm excited. I hope it works and is as fun as it looks.

I know, right? I love that little status bar at the bottom of the combat screen that shows missiles in flight. It is the small things that make me smile. :)
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Considering that Android has the bigger smartphone (79% at the end of 2013) and tablet (61.9% at the end of 2013) it seems like it would have made more sense to focus on Android development before iOS.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/29/strategy-analytics-2013-smartphone-share/
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246714/Android_takes_62_share_of_tablet_market_in_2013_Apple_s_share_declines
Megas wrote:YouTube link: http://youtu.be/60eqxUFvSeo

For what it appears to be (a freemium in-app-purchase focused game) it looks good, but I was really hoping the devs wouldn't go that route. Maybe I was expecting too much since it seems like all mobile games are moving to that business model these days.

I have an Android phone so I guess I'll be waiting another month to try it out for myself.
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Thanks for posting this, I came in here to do so and found it already here!

The game was approved by Apple today we're very pleased to say and will be launching on April 24th as mentioned in the trailer.

The reason for launching on iOS first is purely a marketing issue. Our chances of being featured by Apple are much greater if they have a degree of initial exclusivity, and being featured by Apple means a massive amount in terms of exposure to the market at large.

The Android version has actually been developed completely in parallel and is also complete bar compatability testing, that part on Droid is a big headache.

We can't wait to get it into your hands and getting your feedback and response.
Post by Werrf   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:Considering that Android has the bigger smartphone (79% at the end of 2013) and tablet (61.9% at the end of 2013) it seems like it would have made more sense to focus on Android development before iOS.

Nah, you start by releasing it on pOS so that you can test it and find the bugs before you put out the real version, see?
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:33 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Werrf wrote:
Donnachaidh wrote:Considering that Android has the bigger smartphone (79% at the end of 2013) and tablet (61.9% at the end of 2013) it seems like it would have made more sense to focus on Android development before iOS.

Nah, you start by releasing it on pOS so that you can test it and find the bugs before you put out the real version, see?

Is that what they're doing by releasing on mobile platforms before releasing it to a proper gaming platform, like a PC? ;) :mrgreen:
Post by Cheopis   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:47 am

Cheopis
Vice Admiral

I'm being a bit pedantic here, but it is a bit irksome that one of the banner elements in the beginning reads that your ship is "attached" instead of "attacked"

Otherwise it seems like it could be interesting to people who play single player games on non-PC interfaces.
Post by Yow   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Oh poo! If this game works out and sucks me in the way i am afraid it will means im going to have to get an external battery for my ipad :x The only thing that makes put down a Honor Harrington novel is contractual obligations to the government and dead batteries :roll: Ive already missed three hours of sleep, breakfast, lunch and a appointment with a friend(he's understanding) trolling this forum. :?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:26 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Am I correct in assuming that it'll work on the Hudl?
And other types of non-iPad tablets?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Multimedia