Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

An Actress to play Honor Harrington

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: An Actress to play Honor Harrington
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I've been away for a while for family reasons, and came back to this a bit late, but may I suggest Bahamian actress Jeanene Fox -- all six feet of her?

Probably wrong build, otherwise not so bad.
Post by dscott8   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:19 am

dscott8
Commodore

Tenshinai wrote:
dscott8 wrote:I've been away for a while for family reasons, and came back to this a bit late, but may I suggest Bahamian actress Jeanene Fox -- all six feet of her?

Probably wrong build, otherwise not so bad.

Aside from "tall, slender, athletic and graceful" we haven't had a detailed description of Honor's build. Also, the dress in the photo reveals a lot more than would a uniform. Dressing her to fit the role would be a lot less trouble than the CGI effects and such being discussed to make shorter actors look tall enough.
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
Aside from "tall, slender, athletic and graceful" we haven't had a detailed description of Honor's build. Also, the dress in the photo reveals a lot more than would a uniform. Dressing her to fit the role would be a lot less trouble than the CGI effects and such being discussed to make shorter actors look tall enough.

The description i was thinking about was ~trim and fit courtesy of heavy gravity world and rigorous exercise regimen... ( inexact quote from OBS, initial description of her )

And for RFC, high grav build is normally bulkier than average. While "enhanced muscle development" should most definitely not result in a "slender" build in combination with heavy exercise.

Not saying it should be a bodybuilder style or anything(that would be equally strange), but i would certainly expect a bit more bulk even from someone strongly favouring "flat" muscles(which is quite likely as Honor likes swimming and martial arts style training and the like rather than weight lifting ).

And i can´t recall anywhere that calls her "slender"?
Post by BrightSoul   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
dscott8 wrote:

The description i was thinking about was ~trim and fit courtesy of heavy gravity world and rigorous exercise regimen... ( inexact quote from OBS, initial description of her )

And for RFC, high grav build is normally bulkier than average. While "enhanced muscle development" should most definitely not result in a "slender" build in combination with heavy exercise.

Not saying it should be a bodybuilder style or anything(that would be equally strange), but i would certainly expect a bit more bulk even from someone strongly favouring "flat" muscles(which is quite likely as Honor likes swimming and martial arts style training and the like rather than weight lifting ).

And i can´t recall anywhere that calls her "slender"?

IIRC there is a detailed infodump in IEH about the Meyherdahl-B (sp?) gene mods and how Honor is a heavy grav-worlder without the stocky, stumpy overgrown look of someone unmodified growing up in heavy gravity..
Post by dennis   » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:12 pm

dennis
Midshipman

First unlike most I think there are many actress that could play Honor. I don't think you need somebody that is 6foot 2 to play her, there are many actresses that are around 6 foot like Jamie Alexander, Karen Gillian, Emma Ishta, and others that I think can play this part. I don't think you have to match Honor perfectly but a rear match would work. As to who they pick to play Honor that would be up to David Weber and evergreen studios. My only concern is that they find the best for the part. Movies are magic and they can make you see what they want to from a 6 foot actress being a 4 inch faire to spaceships and monsters. Lets all hope for the best.
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:30 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

dennis wrote:First unlike most I think there are many actress that could play Honor. I don't think you need somebody that is 6foot 2 to play her, there are many actresses that are around 6 foot like Jamie Alexander, Karen Gillian, Emma Ishta, and others that I think can play this part. I don't think you have to match Honor perfectly but a rear match would work. As to who they pick to play Honor that would be up to David Weber and evergreen studios. My only concern is that they find the best for the part. Movies are magic and they can make you see what they want to from a 6 foot actress being a 4 inch faire to spaceships and monsters. Lets all hope for the best.

Couldn't resist it, :lol:

Need more than just a good booty :D :lol: :mrgreen:
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by dscott8   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:17 pm

dscott8
Commodore

BTW, I still think this guy is the perfect Victor Cachat:

Post by crewdude48   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

dscott8 wrote:BTW, I still think this guy is the perfect Victor Cachat:

A little old now, but holly heck he would be amazing.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

And maybe you could provide his name for those of us who don´t recognise him?
Post by George J. Smith   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:08 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Tenshinai wrote:

And maybe you could provide his name for those of us who don´t recognise him?

Don't know his name but he played the Doctor in Firefly
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah

Return to Multimedia