Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

An Actress to play Honor Harrington

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: An Actress to play Honor Harrington
Post by Rakhmamort   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Gal Gadot?

Tall, slim, sexy and from the FF series, can be a real bad ass... Was in the military so has some background for it... :D
Post by LarryWill729   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:00 am

LarryWill729
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

The lady who played Ziva on NCIS would do it for me.
Post by twistedpuppy   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:32 pm

twistedpuppy
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Being a fan of "The Tomorrow People," I'd nominate Peyton List who plays Cara Coburn in that show. She's attractive and athletic. Don't know how much of the martial arts in the show she does herself. Believe she's only 5-7 (same as Hayley Atwell), but as others have pointed out, her ability to carry off a leadership role will be more important than being over 6 feet.

Not to say Atwell couldn't do a superb job, I have no doubt she would. She is, however, 4 years older that Peyton List, which at some point could be an issue if more than one movie was made.
Post by saber964   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 pm

saber964
Admiral

LarryWill729 wrote:The lady who played Ziva on NCIS would do it for me.

You mean Cote De Pablo
Post by 61Cygni   » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 pm

61Cygni
Commander

Found this on another site: 6' 3" Elizabeth Debicki, last seen in The Great Gatsby.

I say she would be a great Honor Harrington. She has the height, the rest is makeup and movie magic. :D

Go here to see her in a group photo: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Care ... pTdsvx.jpg (too big to link directly)
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Unknown cheap and young enough that prolong becomes the new it word.

Think of the unknowns from Star Wars, only known there was replaced and then edited out in the later films, remakes...
Post by Hutch   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:Unknown cheap and young enough that prolong becomes the new it word.

Ummm..I agree with Skimper... :shock:

The important things will be to have the main (or even not so main) support characters be "names" that people will associate with good movies. Like Alec Guininess in Star Wars or the various teachers in Harry Potter or Stanley Tucci and Donald Sutherland in Hunger Games. Or even Nimoy's appearances in the two Star Trek reboots.

So I expect we'll see Admiral Courvosier, Alistar McKeon, and maybe Protector Benjamin be played by 'names' we'll all know, while Honor, Scotty, Horace, et. al. may be relatively unfamiliar faces to us.

Hopefully they will become more familiar over time if the movie is a success.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by namelessfly   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 am

namelessfly

The nice thing about recruiting older, established actors for supporting roles is that they will work cheap. Dame Judy Dench is a notable exception that can demand top pay as a leading actress.

Hutch wrote:
Lord Skimper wrote:Unknown cheap and young enough that prolong becomes the new it word.

Ummm..I agree with Skimper... :shock:

The important things will be to have the main (or even not so main) support characters be "names" that people will associate with good movies. Like Alec Guininess in Star Wars or the various teachers in Harry Potter or Stanley Tucci and Donald Sutherland in Hunger Games. Or even Nimoy's appearances in the two Star Trek reboots.

So I expect we'll see Admiral Courvosier, Alistar McKeon, and maybe Protector Benjamin be played by 'names' we'll all know, while Honor, Scotty, Horace, et. al. may be relatively unfamiliar faces to us.

Hopefully they will become more familiar over time if the movie is a success.
Post by quicksdraw   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

quicksdraw
Midshipman

How about Moon Bloodgood? She is of Eurasian descent. Though not as tall as most picture Honor, she is tall (5'10"). She has shown the ability to portray tough, strong willed women (see a couple episodes of Falling Skies). And while she isn't classically beautiful, she is pretty and has a slightly exotic appearance that makes her attractive. She is a very close fit for David's descriptions of Honor.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:23 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

quicksdraw wrote:How about Moon Bloodgood? She is of Eurasian descent. Though not as tall as most picture Honor, she is tall (5'10"). She has shown the ability to portray tough, strong willed women (see a couple episodes of Falling Skies). And while she isn't classically beautiful, she is pretty and has a slightly exotic appearance that makes her attractive. She is a very close fit for David's descriptions of Honor.

You've actually hit on my personal top choice for Honor. I fell in love with her in, of all things, Snow Dogs (...shut up I was twelve and she was the best thing about the movie), and though I haven't seen it, I've heard really good things since about her work in Falling Skies. I think she'd be an amazing choice.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Multimedia