Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

An Actress to play Honor Harrington

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: An Actress to play Honor Harrington
Post by quicksdraw   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:51 pm

quicksdraw
Midshipman

roseandheather wrote:
quicksdraw wrote:How about Moon Bloodgood? She is of Eurasian descent. Though not as tall as most picture Honor, she is tall (5'10"). She has shown the ability to portray tough, strong willed women (see a couple episodes of Falling Skies). And while she isn't classically beautiful, she is pretty and has a slightly exotic appearance that makes her attractive. She is a very close fit for David's descriptions of Honor.

You've actually hit on my personal top choice for Honor. I fell in love with her in, of all things, Snow Dogs (...shut up I was twelve and she was the best thing about the movie), and though I haven't seen it, I've heard really good things since about her work in Falling Skies. I think she'd be an amazing choice.

Sorry, but Moon Bloodgood wasn't in Snow Dogs. You might be thinking of Eight Below. She was also pretty good in Terminator Salvation (even though the movie itself sucked.)
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

roseandheather wrote:
quicksdraw wrote:How about Moon Bloodgood? She is of Eurasian descent. Though not as tall as most picture Honor, she is tall (5'10"). She has shown the ability to portray tough, strong willed women (see a couple episodes of Falling Skies). And while she isn't classically beautiful, she is pretty and has a slightly exotic appearance that makes her attractive. She is a very close fit for David's descriptions of Honor.

You've actually hit on my personal top choice for Honor. I fell in love with her in, of all things, Snow Dogs (...shut up I was twelve and she was the best thing about the movie), and though I haven't seen it, I've heard really good things since about her work in Falling Skies. I think she'd be an amazing choice.

I'm not going to get into suggesting actors and actresses myself (for obvious reasons, I hope), but you might want to move this thread into the Evergreen Forum where the folks at Evergreen are sure to see it.

Just saying. ;)

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:32 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

quicksdraw wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Sorry, but Moon Bloodgood wasn't in Snow Dogs. You might be thinking of Eight Below. She was also pretty good in Terminator Salvation (even though the movie itself sucked.)

*facepalm* You're right. I got my sled dog movies mixed up. (Though Joanna Bacalso isn't a bad choice for Honor either... hmmm...) My bad.

Incidentally, Eight Below also stars the actor I've always seen as Tom Theisman - Bruce Greenwood.

...how does one move threads to a different forum, exactly? Hey, Your Modliness, can you take care of that for us? ;)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by namelessfly   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

namelessfly

runsforcelery wrote:

I'm not going to get into suggesting actors and actresses myself (for obvious reasons, I hope), but you might want to move this thread into the Evergreen Forum where the folks at Evergreen are sure to see it.

Just saying. ;)

Wise decision.

If you get too involved Mrs Runsforcelery might suspect that you are contemplating the prospect of applying the strategically placed soap suds for the shower scenes that maintain the PG-13 rating.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:04 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

namelessfly wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

Just saying. ;)

Wise decision.

If you get too involved Mrs Runsforcelery might suspect that you are contemplating the prospect of applying the strategically placed soap suds for the shower scenes that maintain the PG-13 rating.

I very much doubt Mrs RFC would suspect any such thing of her husband.

Of you, on the other hand... :lol:

*cough* not that i have room to talk since y'know allen and augustus and estelle *cough*
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 pm

KNick
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
namelessfly wrote:Wise decision.

I very much doubt Mrs RFC would suspect any such thing of her husband.

Of you, on the other hand... :lol:

*cough* not that i have room to talk since y'know allen and augustus and estelle *cough*

Just because us older codgers have figured out how to apply the soap suds without getting slapped more than twice (unlike some youngsters), there is no reason to make fun of us.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

KNick wrote:
Just because us older codgers have figured out how to apply the soap suds without getting slapped more than twice (unlike some youngsters), there is no reason to make fun of us.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. *innocent whistle* *casually kicks half-naked pictures of Lucy Liu under the bed and quickly mops up drool from Estelle-related fantasies*
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 pm

KNick
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
KNick wrote:

I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. *innocent whistle* *casually kicks half-naked pictures of Lucy Liu under the bed and quickly mops up drool from Estelle-related fantasies*

Just because you haven't figured out that restraint doesn't necessarily mean handcuffs.......
_

Post by roseandheather   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

KNick wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Just because you haven't figured out that restraint doesn't necessarily mean handcuffs.......

I'm sorry, the program "roseandheather's brain" has short-circuited and failed to load. Retry input?

*blinks glassy eyes* You were saying?

...mmmm, Estelle and silk scarves....

I'm sorry, the program "roseandheather's brain" has short-circuited and failed to load. Retry input?
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 pm

KNick
Admiral

Darn it. I locked Rose into closed do(oooh) loop.
_

Return to Multimedia