Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

An Actress to play Honor Harrington

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: An Actress to play Honor Harrington
Post by Dr. Arroway   » Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 am

Dr. Arroway
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I'm getting more and more intrigued by the idea of seeing Elizabeth Debicki as Honor (though a part of me still would want to go bold with a teen-ager for the whole prolong thing)

Tall and a slightly unconventional beauty.
She might turn out as an impressive Honor (and certainly Honor should be impressive)
Post by Mobryan   » Fri May 09, 2014 12:09 am

Mobryan

I know it's been said, but Danielle Ruah from NCIS:LA.
Looks right, moves right, and the lady can ACT!

Matt
Post by namelessfly   » Sun May 11, 2014 5:44 am

namelessfly

After doing some Internet searching to check their "qualifications", my preferences would be for either Haley Atwell or Moon Bloodgood.

pokermind wrote:Saw the following on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TalesofHonor?fref=nf

Tales of Honor wrote:
Honor fans have started speculating about who ought to play our favorite starship commander, and they've come up with some interesting ideas. Which of these talented actresses could you envision as Honor Harrington on the big screen? Feel free to suggest others in the comments!

- Hayley Atwell
- Kristin Kreuk
- Moon Bloodgood
- Peyton List
- Elizabeth Debicki

Poker
Post by namelessfly   » Sun May 11, 2014 5:51 am

namelessfly

Given the hope for sequels and the issue of prolong, the question of a young, unknown actress verses a more mature, well established actress to play Honor and other characters is extremely relevant.

Modern cosmetic techniques can make an actress seem younger or far older than she actually is (see Haley Atwell in THE WINTER SOLDIER) but their are limitations.

It should be remembered that some women age very while others do not. (see recent photos of Kathleen Turner). This is difficult to predict.

I would suggest that the old farmers adage to judge calf by it's mother is extremely relevant in this context. Interview the actresses, but also interview their mother's to get some insight into how they are likely to look in the future.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun May 11, 2014 8:44 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

No but we all know what the most important question is, don't we?

Who's going to play Allen Higgins??

(I nominate Russell Crowe.) :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by 9aces   » Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 am

9aces
Ensign

Phoebe Tonkin.

1 - She's tall, 5'10"
2 - She's a dancer. So she's going to be able to move athletically with grace.
3- She's not a huge name, so cost won't be as prohibitive.
4 - She has a slightly exotic look.
Post by twistedpuppy   » Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 pm

twistedpuppy

Since her daughters are named Honor and Haven, Jessica Alba should probably rate a mention on general principals. Not likely because she is 1) too expensive, 2)lacking in centimeters, and 3) probably a bit older than what they'd like for a series of movies.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri May 16, 2014 5:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

twistedpuppy wrote:Since her daughters are named Honor and Haven, Jessica Alba should probably rate a mention on general principals. Not likely because she is 1) too expensive, 2)lacking in centimeters, and 3) probably a bit older than what they'd like for a series of movies.

Not to mention whiter than vanilla cake. I maintain that the actress for Honor cannot be white.

My two mainstays are still Moon Bloodgood and Kristin Kreuk, but I've also been very impressed with Olivia Munn - I think she deserves serious consideration.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by RHWoodman   » Tue May 20, 2014 5:37 pm

RHWoodman
Captain (Junior Grade)

I read through all the posts here and did some research on the actresses mentioned. Really, everyone has good, interesting ideas.

My own suggestion (echoing several people who have already posted) is that Evergreen should cast a young, unknown Eurasian actress who carries herself like a person with military experience. Looking around the Internet, I came across the statement that several young, Eurasian actresses are going back to Asia to build their acting careers because Hollywood tends to typecast Eurasian actresses as kung-fu masters or sexy nerds/geeks. A casting call in Taiwan, Japan, or South Korea for Eurasian actresses might not be a bad idea.

We want someone playing Honor (and all the other RMN personnel) who looks and acts the part of a seasoned commander. I would hope that Evergreen would send the cast to Navy boot camp to help them prepare for the parts they will play.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Post by Subo   » Wed May 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Subo
Midshipman

I like Stana Katic for the role. Yes, a little vertically challenged (5'9") and yes not eurasian, but has the slavic almond eyes and projects the dignity and inner presence that an actress portraying Honor has to have.

Return to Multimedia