Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Marketing on PS3 and PS4?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: Marketing on PS3 and PS4?
Post by pilotus   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 am

pilotus
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

A 4X strategy - this is for PC players. On consoles do not like to play strategy. Although XCom, perhaps something has changed, but it was a tactical team strategy - this particular genre, and was positioned as a reinterpretation of one of the best games of the early 90-ies.

But in general, I agree with you completely. Hit game like Mass Effect does not work,if you make it an appendage to the film. And vice versa? Hmm, movies on games made only if the games were very popular.
Post by kzt   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:
kzt wrote:As far as I know the, there are still license available for people who want to produce a full scale game. The SITS license is not for any sort of electronic game. So go for it!

I would imagine that DW and Evergreen would very much insist on any game developer willing to work in the Honorverse to enter into a licensing agreement first.

Umm, are you blind?
Post by The E   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm

The E
Admiral

kzt wrote:Umm, are you blind?

Yes, I am. I also cannot read. These posts of mine are entirely the product of flailing about wildly on my keyboard.
Post by nickursis   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:18 am

nickursis
Ensign

kzt wrote:
The E wrote:I am sorry to say but the mobile game that is planned? Yeah, that's not going to get much traction.

If you want gamer attention, the best thing to do would be to jump on the Star Citizen hype train, get a good looking game out there that tickles the nostalgia glands for people who want a Homeworld- or Master of Orion-like experience, or even a hardcore Harpoon-like sim.

As far as I know the, there are still license available for people who want to produce a full scale game. The SITS license is not for any sort of electronic game. So go for it!

Oh boy Oh boy, if only Chris Roberts could be bought into that. I stumbled across SC and missed the kick starter, and it is absolutely stunning! Him and his crew could do a fabulous job at building and maintaining an Honorverse! It would also match up to the SC verse as well. Problem would be deciding which to play in....
Post by pilotus   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:17 am

pilotus
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

and you need another WC? No, HV - it told the story of nations in those individuals (Tale of Two Cities, huh?) Rather than dynamic battles. It's not even a simulator of life in space as Elite (another remake created using kickstarter).

And one more thing. To come to KS and hit the jackpot should have a name.On his behalf Weber can get money to develop, but it will not be his project because he was not a legendary game designer.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:18 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...still want a shoulder treecat for my online avatar...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Multimedia