Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Tales of Honor #1 gets a second printing

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tales of Honor #1 gets a second printing
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:49 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

http://www.comicosity.com/image-announc ... -of-honor/

Way to go! Hopefully it wasn't *just* bought by the current fan-base, and that a good number of them were bought by newcomers to the stories.
Re: Tales of Honor #1 gets a second printing
Post by hvb   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:48 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Well, it wasn't my fault, I got me the electronic copy. :D

I wonder, how large was that first print run, and how does that compare to typical print run sizes
a) for Top Cow, and
b) industry standard-wise
?
MaxxQ wrote:http://www.comicosity.com/image-announces-second-printing-for-tales-of-honor/

Way to go! Hopefully it wasn't *just* bought by the current fan-base, and that a good number of them were bought by newcomers to the stories.
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:14 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

hvb wrote:Well, it wasn't my fault, I got me the electronic copy. :D

Heh... I made up for you and two others. :mrgreen:

hvb wrote:I wonder, how large was that first print run, and how does that compare to typical print run sizes
a) for Top Cow, and
?

I was just wondering that myself. I have a friend who's really into comics. I think I'll drop him a line and see what he says about it. I doubt he would have any info on the print run, but he might know something about how frequently monthly comics get second printings. My guess would be: not very often.
Post by John Prigent   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:33 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Now I beginning to wonder whether it's possible to distinguish print runs in graphic novels (being polite) as we can in books. Do collectors need to buy the second run to have complete sets?
Cheers
John
hvb wrote:Well, it wasn't my fault, I got me the electronic copy. :D

I wonder, how large was that first print run, and how does that compare to typical print run sizes
a) for Top Cow, and
?
MaxxQ wrote:http://www.comicosity.com/image-announces-second-printing-for-tales-of-honor/

Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:26 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

John Prigent wrote:Now I beginning to wonder whether it's possible to distinguish print runs in graphic novels (being polite) as we can in books. Do collectors need to buy the second run to have complete sets?
Cheers
John

I finally heard back from my friend and he said that second print runs *are* a bit of a big deal in the comic industry. He also said that sometimes you'll get a different cover. Considering the first run was four different covers, I kinda doubt we'll see that, though.
Post by Uroboros   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 am

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

How big exactly are these production runs? I'm curious.
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:59 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Uroboros wrote:How big exactly are these production runs? I'm curious.

I'd like to know as well. My friend doesn't know that much about that sort of thing, and I presume the comic industry might be like the normal book-publishing industry in that they don't really generally disclose that sort of thing, except to brag about "OVER 1,000,000 COPIES SOLD!!!!".
Post by Hutch   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Just my thoughts--what few I have....

Porbably given that all four covers were out, there was probably a number of collectors out there who snarfed up 4 at a time, along with speculators who hope that they will be worth something in the future.

Along with folks in the comics world (which I know little if nothing about) who like the Top Cow productions and our artist's work and collect them and of course, we fans and other SF folks who might have been interested probably helped the initial sale.

And just like any debut, we'll see what the second and continuing issues bring--if sales remain strong, it will be a sign (IMHO) that perhaps Honor is reaching a larger universe out there....
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Multimedia