Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

New Picture from Evergreen's Website

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
New Picture from Evergreen's Website
Post by Borealis   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 am

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Was wandering around the Tales of Honor website and took the link to Evergreens site. http://www.evgstudios.com/worlds/tales-of-honor. They had a new picture I hadn't seen before of what appears to be the Maccaebeus assassination attempt on Benjamin.

I'd post the picture but I haven't figured out how to embed it in a post.

It's a very interesting drawing, very action filled, and I really only have one major critique. Other than that I rather like it.

My major issue. The Mayhew dinner was formal. Honor should have been in her dress uniform, not a souped up brassiere. Being a female military commander was bad enough, having her dressed like in the drawing and even Benjamin would have had a stroke. She needs to be in uniform.

Nimitz is much improved (what you can see of him), they finally gave him fur, the body shape seems right with the more weaselly appearance as described in the books, and the tail is proportional. Even the legs look much better. I do think he is still a bit too big. Drop the overall size to about 3/4 of what is shown and I think he'd be spot on.

Benjamin appears to be in a classic 3-Piece suit which would fit the Grayson style I've always imagined. Katherine (or maybe Elaine) also appears in a formal dress, though I would think is a bit too low-cut. That is just a minor quibble though.

The room looks good, an appearance of age and protection from the outside. Outside looks like an aquarium window.

The actual action scene is very well done. Like I said, I'm rather impressed and happy to see another new piece of artwork.
Re: New Picture from Evergreen's Website
Post by MaxxQ   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Borealis wrote:Was wandering around the Tales of Honor website and took the link to Evergreens site. http://www.evgstudios.com/worlds/tales-of-honor. They had a new picture I hadn't seen before of what appears to be the Maccaebeus assassination attempt on Benjamin.

I'd post the picture but I haven't figured out how to embed it in a post.

It's a very interesting drawing, very action filled, and I really only have one major critique. Other than that I rather like it.

My major issue. The Mayhew dinner was formal. Honor should have been in her dress uniform, not a souped up brassiere. Being a female military commander was bad enough, having her dressed like in the drawing and even Benjamin would have had a stroke. She needs to be in uniform.

Nimitz is much improved (what you can see of him), they finally gave him fur, the body shape seems right with the more weaselly appearance as described in the books, and the tail is proportional. Even the legs look much better. I do think he is still a bit too big. Drop the overall size to about 3/4 of what is shown and I think he'd be spot on.

Benjamin appears to be in a classic 3-Piece suit which would fit the Grayson style I've always imagined. Katherine (or maybe Elaine) also appears in a formal dress, though I would think is a bit too low-cut. That is just a minor quibble though.

The room looks good, an appearance of age and protection from the outside. Outside looks like an aquarium window.

The actual action scene is very well done. Like I said, I'm rather impressed and happy to see another new piece of artwork.

Yes, we've seen this before. It was one of the first bits of concept art we were allowed to see several months ago - October, maybe? It generated quite a bit of "discussion" here, and even led to a forumite "leaving", although I think she may still lurk (come back Northstar... please?).

Anyway, yeah... the arguments you make about it have been hashed out quite a bit, although you missed a couple: Honor was unarmed through the entire fight scene, and the bad guys didn't use rifles - they were only armed with handguns and handgun-sized disruptors. They were also dressed as the Protector's personal guard, unlike these guys.

IIRC, it was stated (through David, maybe? Not directly from Evergreen... but I could be wrong. I'm going from memory here) that this was really a concept piece in the truest sense of the word. It was only meant to convey the kind of action that Evergreen are looking for, as opposed to being a literal interpretation of the scene depicted.
Post by Borealis   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Thanks MaxxQ, I hadn't seen that particular picture before and hadn't been aware it had already been discussed. Though in light of the newer art that has been released, it makes me wonder why things have appeared to take 2 steps back since those several months back.

Still, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to bring it back up to the front burner...
Post by Greentea   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Greentea
Commander

Borealis wrote:Thanks MaxxQ, I hadn't seen that particular picture before and hadn't been aware it had already been discussed. Though in light of the newer art that has been released, it makes me wonder why things have appeared to take 2 steps back since those several months back.

Still, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to bring it back up to the front burner...

Actually, that's some of the art that has always been on the site as the original concept art. I agree that Honor needs to be in a dress uniform for the dinner scene. The art looks like a step back because it is the art from the start of the project.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.

Return to Multimedia