Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

The Secret Fleet mobile game

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: The Secret Fleet mobile game
Post by Norm.bone   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Norm.bone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well, I just got back from my trip to New Zeeland to d/l the game. ;) I'm enjoying it greatly!

[Spoiler Space, though I don't think I'm giving anything away...]

I've finished the first sector. My immediate thoughts:

* I like how you've captured what a missle duel should feel like. I'm trying to split my attention between firing my missles, activating countermeasures, looking at the scanner to see what kind of CM to use, deciding when to roll ship... Hectic and challenging. I love it!

* It seems to me I've been thrown way into the deep end of the story. If I'm getting confused after reading HH for more than 20 years, it may not be approachable to a new person.

* Is there going to be a bug list?

One that I'm finding is that the salvage and upgrades were a bit wonky. I was trying to upgrade Composite Tracking in my CM room, and noticed that it would take the upgrade, debit my plasma, and then when I changed systems and returned the upgrade was gone.

I also noticed that battles stopped yielding any salvage at all.

(NB after I restarted my phone, my plasma and inventory of components have increased, so that may have fixed it.)

* Is there a suggestion list?

Two right off the bat: Can you go back to change your information for the captain? That screen came up, I picked a name, and I don't know if there was a chance to choose an avatar, but it'd be nice to be able to go back.

The color coded system for the rarity of components when you get salvage is really helpful. Would it be possible to use that either in the inventory screen or when you're examining the component in the system room? Maybe I'll be more comfortable after more time, but right now I have a hard time figuring out which component would be best to install and wire up.

Last question, is there (or could there be) a screen to show you in one place how your ship is doing? It's at the moment to understand how different components and levels affect my ship's performance.

Great job, guys! Thank you!
Post by Norm.bone   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Norm.bone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Norm.bone wrote:The color coded system for the rarity of components when you get salvage is really helpful. Would it be possible to use that either in the inventory screen or when you're examining the component in the system room? Maybe I'll be more comfortable after more time, but right now I have a hard time figuring out which component would be best to install and wire up.

Great job, guys! Thank you!

Whoops! I see that this is already in place. Never mind.
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:09 am

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Just as an FYI to all those here - the iOS version of The Secret Fleet has been delayed to May 1st due to an element somewhat out of our control.

Still have a couple early access codes available though if you can't wait. :D
Post by Yow   » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Evergreen Studios wrote:Just as an FYI to all those here - the iOS version of The Secret Fleet has been delayed to May 1st due to an element somewhat out of our control.

:( the ones I know would like them have Android OS or don't have either :| ... :cry: my poor miserable fiends.

Norm.bone wrote: * Is there going to be a bug list? * Is there a suggestion list?!

Norm.bone, I don't know if there is a bug list but everyone who has the game for testing has been posting any thing we've come across in the "the secret fleet mobile game review" thread. Evergreen has been helpful by tracking down any bugs or inconsistencies we have found while answering our concerns. Come joins us 8-)

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by hvb   » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yow wrote:
Evergreen Studios wrote:Just as an FYI to all those here - the iOS version of The Secret Fleet has been delayed to May 1st due to an element somewhat out of our control.

:( the ones I know would like them have Android OS or don't have either :| ... :cry: my poor miserable fiends.

Ah, yes; if only I had an iOS emulator for my PC and a couple weeks I could toss in the lavvy without consequence, I'd be so all over this. (meanwhile, in the real world: :( )
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

We are officially launched Worldwide!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tales-h ... 02371?mt=8
Post by ChronicRder   » Thu May 01, 2014 2:31 pm

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

Evergreen Studios wrote:We are officially launched Worldwide!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tales-h ... 02371?mt=8

Any word on when the Android version launches?
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

Any thoughts on ideal upgrade strategy? I'm through the first five or six missions and I've found stacking two of the "damages enemy weapons system" upgrades takes out the other ship's weapons as soon as I breach his sidewalls.
Post by Starsaber   » Thu May 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

Crown Loyalist wrote:Any thoughts on ideal upgrade strategy? I'm through the first five or six missions and I've found stacking two of the "damages enemy weapons system" upgrades takes out the other ship's weapons as soon as I breach his sidewalls.

At first, I'd just use whatever upgrades you can get. Once you have enough that you need to start making choices, I'd focus on level boosters and upgrading them until you reach your maximum level for the system it's in. Preferably getting it to the point where you're only using one level booster per system. Also, component pads are also treated as conduits, so you can line something up like this

Power=CP=CP and both components will be powered up.
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Our reason for the week delay paid off! Featured by Apple on both the front page (best new games) and under GAMES with icon and banner!

Return to Multimedia