Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

The Secret Fleet mobile game

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet mobile game
Post by Yow   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Will this game be a stand alone single player or will it be multi player or even online as well?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Re: The Secret Fleet mobile game
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Whoah! Whoah! :?
I must have missed a post or two here.
There's a game? :o
A mobile game? :shock:
Do I need to buy an iPhone to get it? (Haven't used a mobile in half a decade...)
More details, please!
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Yow   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

It's not ready yet, I think. The info for it is listed on a web site by Evergreen. You can go to http://www.tales-of-honor.com and just select the link "Play" for info and links to download when it comes out.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Duckk   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 am

Duckk
Site Admin

iOS and Android. You could pick up an iPad Mini or a Nexus 7 for relatively cheap, no need for a ~$600 phone.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Borealis   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Nooks also use the Android OS, and I've downloaded a few apps on it that are listed for Android smart phones, so I have my fingers crossed this will also translate over. And Nooks and Kindles are much cheaper than an I-Phone or whatever. The website does say the Apple Store version will be released in March and the Android version is 'Coming Soon', so I have to wait a little longer, but I think the several hundred dollar price difference between a Nook and an I-Pad is worth it.
Post by Starsaber   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

Borealis wrote:Nooks also use the Android OS, and I've downloaded a few apps on it that are listed for Android smart phones, so I have my fingers crossed this will also translate over. And Nooks and Kindles are much cheaper than an I-Phone or whatever. The website does say the Apple Store version will be released in March and the Android version is 'Coming Soon', so I have to wait a little longer, but I think the several hundred dollar price difference between a Nook and an I-Pad is worth it.

It depends on how old your Nook is. My Nook Tablet doesn't have access to the Google Play store, so I can only buy apps through the Barnes & Noble store, which had a much more limited selection. I think newer ones do have access to Google Play.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

IIRC, Nooks don't have that great of a GPU, which hurts in gaming.

And the iPad Mini isn't that much more expensive.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Borealis   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Starsaber is quite correct, my Nook is quite recent and does have access to the Google Play store. (I did get the memory upgrade.)

And I also agree with Duckk regarding the horsepower of the device (you get what you pay for). Still, depending on the coding a (newer) Nook may have the ability to pull it off. I'll find out in a few weeks when the game is released.

It would be nice if it would run on my laptop under Win7 (whether directly or through an emulator). I think that would have enough horsepower. :D

However, it is what I already have and I may be pleasantly surprised and find it will work. We shall see...
Post by VFRHawk   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 pm

VFRHawk
Ensign

Also, if you've got a half decent PC or laptop you might want to check this article out:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03 ... n-windows/

It's basically a piece of software that allows you to play android games on your (Windows) PC. Not used it myself, but might give you an alternative if your tablet isn't able to run the game.

Graham
Post by hvb   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanks Graham.

I feared I would have to get me one of them there "smart phone" thingies to play this.

Those things are aptly named, my wallet was already whimpering at the notion. ;)

VFRHawk wrote:Also, if you've got a half decent PC or laptop you might want to check this article out:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03 ... n-windows/

It's basically a piece of software that allows you to play android games on your (Windows) PC. Not used it myself, but might give you an alternative if your tablet isn't able to run the game.

Graham

Return to Multimedia