Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Visualizing Horace Harkness

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: Visualizing Horace Harkness
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Well done! And I like the uniform as well.
Post by Yow   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I like this version also. The beard is good for me but I don't remember Horace Harkness described with facial hair. It seems the RMN allows for beards and my view is keeping it close like this wouldn't present problems when suited up in Skinsuits with helmets closed. Good job.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:13 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Thats a very nice Horace Harkness. Thank you very much for this.
Hes got that nice relaxed stance of someone used to fighting, and the look of an age that gives you experience, but not a lack of energy.
:D
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by John Prigent   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I concur, that's a good image of him and I'd like to see Tremaine too.
Cheers
John
Kendareru wrote:That is definitely a lot closer to how I see him, personally. Now we just need Tremaine next to him. lol
Post by kiddmeier   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 am

kiddmeier
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

So that's what Sir Horace looks like :idea: :idea: :idea:
Nice to finally see him "in person" :D

Seriously, this is as "spot on" as a "spot on" can hope to become when it grows up :ugeek:. Great job, lads.

Concerning the "stub" - I've known people who can shave in the morning and look exactly like that several hours later, and Harkness being one such person is absolutely in keeping with my mental image of him. Which mental image I can now safely discard as I have a much, much better real one - so thank you ;)
Post by hvb   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Very close to my mental image (give or take a bit of prettying up for the visual media) 90%+, which is better than one can realistically ask. No scale here, but I hope he is supposed to be tall.

Two caveats:
1) He looks more brunette here than sandy-haired (see e.g. AoVch10).
2) His left sleeve only seems to have two golden hash marks; with "over 20" Manty-Years of service by OBS (chapter 11), he should sport 20/3 = 6 hash marks (and 7 by tHotQ), same number as Bosun McBride.

In other news: Third the below notion!

Beauty and the Beast is incomplete without Tremaine.
At 23-24 T-Years old with 3rd generation prolong and with that 'Beauty' part, he is probably going to look like a cute puppy-dog of a kid (14-ish, maybe 15), who couldn't quite fit under Harkness' armpit ... or maybe he could, if his 'growth spurt' phase isn't over yet (such as it is, and what there is of it; Harkness is still the taller of them to this day, IIRC).

John Prigent wrote:I concur, that's a good image of him and I'd like to see Tremaine too.
Cheers
John
Kendareru wrote:That is definitely a lot closer to how I see him, personally. Now we just need Tremaine next to him. lol
Post by hvb   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:40 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

... and while on the subject of the "Explore Characters" on the website:

No-one seems to have commented on this yet, but what's up with that Jeremy X?

If the other inside of the coat has the same number of blades, he will need to chuck over 30 knives before he gets to do his two-gun mojo ... which is his signature armament, not bloody knives (it helps having been bred and trained as a puckish acrobat/juggler type. I'm sure Manpower is real proud how well his hands-eye coordination turned out. :mrgreen: ).

Oh, and he has a receding hairline by Torch of Freedom IIRC (and I never thought of it as black, doesn't seem a very puckish color to me), so as he escaped within a week of his sale (FtH in CoW), he may have received 1st gen. prolong, but probably not 2nd/3rd. (Anyone got firm textev on these bits?)
Re: (STICKY) Visualizing Horace Harkness
Post by Hutch   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Oh this will do nicely, thank you.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Re: (STICKY) Visualizing Horace Harkness
Post by CFells   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 pm

CFells
Midshipman

Outstanding look for Horace. I agree the stripes seem a bit off. Good job and keep up the good work... I can't wait till we start seeing Grayson's and the Protector's Own!
Captain Christopher Fells, GSN
Commanding, GSN Covington CLAC-01
Post by Borealis   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

CathyH wrote:I tend to think of Sir Horace more a Ernest Borginine from McHale's Navy, which dates me, I suppose!

I really like this version of Chief Harkness much better myself. And though I like CathyH's suggestion of Ernest Borgnine, I always thought of Harkness as more looking like a taller version of Charles Bronson.

Return to Multimedia