Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: George J. Smith and 7 guests

How do you like the new Nimitz?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.

How do you like this Nimitz?

1) NO! I could just Puke!
98%
2) YES! Who needs cute and cuddly!
2%

Total votes : 161

Re: How do you like the new Nimitz?
Post by packhunter   » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm

packhunter
Lieutenant Commander

Internal Consitency.....

Isn't that the hallmark of the Honorverse? Someone would actually have to go out of their way to break that internal consitency.

Which Evergreen has stated it will do in some ways. i.e ship design for visual effect, that being said they have also stated why there doing that and one would hope the changes are at least consistent within the framework of the new media. With all of us nay sayers chirping away they at least know when there's a problem that needs remedy.

In the end I'm confident that Nimitz will be amazing on screen. Remebr the comics are all works in progress and will change as development continues.

Cute and cuddly until he's not, thats Nimitz.
Post by skywatcher   » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:50 am

skywatcher
Midshipman

Well I guess he is in his space suit but I agrees he dose look a bit devilish there

The way I see Nimitz is a bit more technical:

A treecats movements a almost sensually fluid Like a predator. In fact look at the picture of a Malagasy Civet or a Fossa. They would look a lot like a Treecat in my mind, only they are missing the mid spine shoulders and arms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossa_(animal)
Post by Chibiiris89   » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Chibiiris89
Midshipman

I am sorry to say that this picture broke my heart. Following the standard rules of treecat as was stated before by Hungry King, one can easily draw a picture of weasel, make it as tall as a binturong(bear cat)which also weighs 22 kg and sits on shoulders, put a maine coon cat face on it, and give it the striped fur/ cream color. You don't need to be the best drawer to get the jist of him. The illustrator had one job ... [img]file:///C:/Users/ALICE/Pictures/SAM_1161.JPG[/img]

Yes, I understand that the picture in the comic is a working model but you can still tell Dr. Evil's Mr. B is feline without fur. This Nimitz, not so much. And the extra horns/ ears really destroy the model's power to emote. In comics, eyebrows show emotion (they tell us the difference between whether a person is frowning in sadness or anger.) For animals, especially animals that have intelligence like Nimitz, the translation from eyebrow to ears to convey emotions is important. They need to address that or they risk the fleshing out of his character.

As for his movement, if the catbus from Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro could do it, so can everyone. I suggest using the pattern on terran insects where 1st and 3rd on each side follow the same rotation with the 2nd as its counter. And you don't have to worry about him tripping on himself as long as, like a cheetah, the middle leg stays inner while running. Again, it is just a thought.

Return to Multimedia