Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

An Actress to play Honor Harrington

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: An Actress to play Honor Harrington
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

I still think an animated series is the way to go.
That way, you'd only need some good voice actors.

Mark Hamill as Robert Pierre? He did a spine-chilling Joker in Batman TAS...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

I know this is sort of a dead thread for most of us, but having just seen Skyfall and a picture of one of the actresses next to Daniel Craig, may I put forth the idea of ....

Berenice Marlohe... She's half French Half Cambodian, has an exotic look, is a good actress... though not 6'2"+ (190cm). But she is 5'9" which might be as good as we get....

Here's the wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9r%C3%A9nice_Marlohe and a pic... Image

Thoughts?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by dscott8   » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am

dscott8
Commodore

SharkHunter wrote:I know this is sort of a dead thread for most of us, but having just seen Skyfall and a picture of one of the actresses next to Daniel Craig, may I put forth the idea of ....

Berenice Marlohe... She's half French Half Cambodian, has an exotic look, is a good actress... though not 6'2"+ (190cm). But she is 5'9" which might be as good as we get....

Here's the wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9r%C3%A9nice_Marlohe and a pic... Image

Thoughts?

This is the closest I could find to a pic of her in uniform:

Post by ScottTPA   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:57 pm

ScottTPA
Midshipman

I've been seeing Melanie Zeller a lot in Hong Kong tourism commercials. She's American/Chinese, so has the almond eyes, but being US born, has a very American accent. At 5'10" she's a little short, but not so much so that the camera can't accommodate. A yoga instructor, she would certainly have the flexibility for the hand-to-hand combat scenes. No clue if she can act but, Mr. Weber's protests notwithstanding, any studio that finally launches an HH movie will demand a heroine with stunning looks. At 30ish, Ms. Zeller is a little old for the youngest Honor Harrington, but Claudia Christen at 50+ and Mira Furlan at 60+ aren't even in the running.

Melanie Zeller:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 91d5be.jpg
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

A new name for the pot: Gal Gadot, the "new" Wonderwoman?
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi DScott8,

My main concern would be her accent, although handling voice problems have improved considerably since Vivian Leigh, I think most fans expect a 'natural' English speaker.

Other than that she looks very good indeed; but she may be too beautiful, too sexy, so maybe she might play Honor's mother?
[though she's a little tall for that]

Best wishes,

L

dscott8 wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:I know this is sort of a dead thread for most of us, but having just seen Skyfall and a picture of one of the actresses next to Daniel Craig, may I put forth the idea of ....

Thoughts?

This is the closest I could find to a pic of her in uniform:

Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by bishop   » Thu May 18, 2017 11:10 am

bishop
Midshipman

In the 33 pages of this discussion, did anyone suggest the female lead of the new Alien: Covenant
movie, Katherine Waterston? Imagehttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm2239702/?ref_=tt_cl_t2 At 5'11-1/2", I think she has quite the presence to meet all of the attributes. :D
Post by Dauntless   » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

Fox2! wrote:A new name for the pot: Gal Gadot, the "new" Wonderwoman?

only seen her in the Fast and Furious stuff but she handled what little she had to work with, well for the 2 films she was in
Post by Jacob Zavala   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Jacob Zavala
Ensign

This is a fun thread, when I have more time I'm going to really read through it to see everyone's suggestions. I also noticed that it branched out into actors/actresses to play other Honorverse characters, so I'd just like to say that whenever I read Tourville's lines, I picture Nick Offerman from Parks and Recreation.
Post by Saknussem   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Saknussem
Ensign

I'm all for Cobie Smulders. She's tall, dark-haired, slightly long-faced, and she looks good in black, which, if I'm NOT mistaken is the base color for RMN uniforms, no?Image

Return to Multimedia