Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Apocalypse Troll: RFC's foresight!

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
Apocalypse Troll: RFC's foresight!
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:22 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

at a whim, I was just re-reading AT almost exactly the time [for future ref] the Richard Wolfe's book on Trump came out [or was leaked] - blood fight between Bannon and the Trumpster ensues - couldn't happen to a nicer pair :lol:

anyway AT was first published in 1999/2000, so I guess written in 1997/98 or therabouts?

I was struck by the preciense of RFC's background - rise of the KKK and nazi groups in the states. Russia tending toward autocracy etc

At one point, The Troll and his minion are discussing how to take over - Troll wants to assimilate the President but Taggert says that even if they took over the president, and he started acting really weirdly, the checks and balances in the constitution would contain him. They agree to leave the Pres alone.

I rather feel that maybe in our time-line the Troll has had a re-think on that one...

so guys - I really, really think you should be looking for a concealed hole in some NC mountain!!! :lol: :lol:
Re: Apocalypse Troll: RFC's foresight!
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:18 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

(I snipped out much of the post)
isaac_newton wrote:at a whim, I was just re-reading AT almost exactly the time [for future ref] the Richard Wolfe's book on Trump came out [or was leaked] - blood fight between Bannon and the Trumpster ensues - couldn't happen to a nicer pair :lol:

anyway AT was first published in 1999/2000, so I guess written in 1997/98 or therabouts?

No, it was written years before, but somebody misplaced it at Baen books.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by jtg452   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 am

jtg452
Captain of the List

And yet he is still a much better alternative than having a Cankles in Chief. Even if it was her 'turn and she was 'owed' it.
Post by Senior Chief   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

At a book signing on 10/4 hee in San Diego Weber said there will be a sequel to this book.

Return to Apocalypse Troll