Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

sequel or prequel?

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
Re: sequel or prequel?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

The problem with cloning David Weber (or any other author) would be that they might all want to be working on the same thing. ;)

Oh, let's not get into the question of which of them gets to have sex with the wife/husband (note some of the authors I want to be cloned are female). :twisted:

Henry Brown wrote:The obvious answer is to clone yourself about a half a dozen times! :lol:

But on a more serious note, sorry to hear your wife has to have another surgery. Hope it goes well.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Ensign Re-read
Commodore

runsforcelery wrote:...plus a wife who is going to have her 4th spinal surgery in 18 months on February 7th.

Ouch!
Please send her my best wishes,
and a repeated best wishes for a happy, healthier New Year.

ERR
=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold as well as the Kau-zhi and Manticore A-B star systems, are at URL:
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by Lunan   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
I truly hope everything goes well for sharron, and real life takes precedence over writing no matter how we the fans may beg, you have already given us more wonderful stories then 80 odd percent of other authors will put out in a life time.
that all being said.
you mention so many books in there that are planned for "somewhere into the future"
may i ask you what you are currently working on in the near future? (cauldron of ghost needs to be finished if it isn't, beyond that no one seems to know what is really next in the pipeline)

runsforcelery wrote:

Actually, there are plans for both. Heck, there are plans for 2 sequels to In Fury Born, for that matter. Oh, and also at least 1 sequel and a couple of "in the midst of things" prequels for The Excalibur Option. Ummmm, and now that I think about it, there are the two Dahak sequels I have plotted out. . . .

The problem, of course, being that there is only one of me, I am mortal, and I am also a father with 3 children between the ages of 11 & 12m plus a wife who is going to have her 4th spinal surgery in 18 months on February 7th.

Oh, and I have a few other books I'm committed to write, too. :lol:[/quote]
Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:39 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

a wife who is going to have her 4th spinal surgery in 18 months on February 7th

Take all the time you need to take care of her. We'll be patient, she's more important.
Post by Festival   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Festival
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Wishing Sharon the best possible outcome and a rapid recovery! In addition, respect and kudos for your sense of priorities, RFC. Family first, always. There is no other priority for a person of character.

I'm giddy just reading about the possibility of more in the "Excalibur Option" world, regardless of how remote that possibility might be. The amazing occurrence in the second-to-last chapter (trying to avoid spoilers here!) never fails to send shivers up my spine.
Post by namelessfly   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm

namelessfly

DrakBibliophile wrote:The problem with cloning David Weber (or any other author) would be that they might all want to be working on the same thing. ;)

Oh, let's not get into the question of which of them gets to have sex with the wife/husband (note some of the authors I want to be cloned are female). :twisted:

Henry Brown wrote:The obvious answer is to clone yourself about a half a dozen times! :lol:

But on a more serious note, sorry to hear your wife has to have another surgery. Hope it goes well.

I would assume that all of the clones would be entitled unless the spinal surgery was problem. LOL!
Post by namelessfly   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:19 pm

namelessfly

I am busy rereading AT. Will comment when my memory is better.
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

DrakBibliophile wrote:The problem with cloning David Weber (or any other author) would be that they might all want to be working on the same thing. ;)

Nope. The real problem is that every damn clone would immediately start producing spinoff series of his own!! ;)

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:55 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Lunan wrote:This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
I truly hope everything goes well for sharron, and real life takes precedence over writing no matter how we the fans may beg, you have already given us more wonderful stories then 80 odd percent of other authors will put out in a life time.
that all being said.
you mention so many books in there that are planned for "somewhere into the future"
may i ask you what you are currently working on in the near future? (cauldron of ghost needs to be finished if it isn't, beyond that no one seems to know what is really next in the pipeline)

Currently working on Cauldron. I've also got about 12,000 words on the next Safehold (working title Hell's Foundations Quiver), which will undoubtedly be followed by the sequel to either Freedom from the Shadows or A Rising Thunder. We also have the next Honorverse companion in the works; Tim Zahn, Tom Pope, and I will be looking at the sequel to Call to Duty; and Joelle Presby and I are probably about 66% through with the third Multiverse book. Oh, and Baen and I are about to contract for a 5-volume fantasy series which will take the war between Norfressa and Kontovar to a conclusions.

Sides that, nothing much. :)

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:54 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

You spoil us so David, with so many magnificent series, and with the sheer amount of work you output a year. Thank you so much.

And best wishes for Sharon with regards to the surgery, and we all hope it goes well.

runsforcelery wrote:
Lunan wrote:This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
that all being said.

Currently working on Cauldron. I've also got about 12,000 words on the next Safehold (working title Hell's Foundations Quiver), which will undoubtedly be followed by the sequel to either Freedom from the Shadows or A Rising Thunder. We also have the next Honorverse companion in the works; Tim Zahn, Tom Pope, and I will be looking at the sequel to Call to Duty; and Joelle Presby and I are probably about 66% through with the third Multiverse book. Oh, and Baen and I are about to contract for a 5-volume fantasy series which will take the war between Norfressa and Kontovar to a conclusions.

Sides that, nothing much. :)
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Apocalypse Troll