Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

sequel or prequel?

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
Re: sequel or prequel?
Post by namelessfly   » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:57 pm

namelessfly

Rereading AT to refresh my memory from years ago.

I just got to the scene where some busy body found Milla some pants to wear with her B-2 bomber Tee Shirt. Darn it!
Post by ErrantVenture   » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

ErrantVenture
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:
Lunan wrote:This one of my favorite books of yours good MWW.
I truly hope everything goes well for sharron, and real life takes precedence over writing no matter how we the fans may beg, you have already given us more wonderful stories then 80 odd percent of other authors will put out in a life time.
that all being said.
you mention so many books in there that are planned for "somewhere into the future"
may i ask you what you are currently working on in the near future? (cauldron of ghost needs to be finished if it isn't, beyond that no one seems to know what is really next in the pipeline)

Currently working on Cauldron. I've also got about 12,000 words on the next Safehold (working title Hell's Foundations Quiver), which will undoubtedly be followed by the sequel to either Freedom from the Shadows or A Rising Thunder. We also have the next Honorverse companion in the works; Tim Zahn, Tom Pope, and I will be looking at the sequel to Call to Duty; and Joelle Presby and I are probably about 66% through with the third Multiverse book. Oh, and Baen and I are about to contract for a 5-volume fantasy series which will take the war between Norfressa and Kontovar to a conclusions.

Sides that, nothing much. :)

Just out of curiosity, how do word counts translate to page counts for hardcover/mass market paperback? I'd guess somewhere in the range of 25-30 pages?
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:59 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

There may be any number of prequels and sequels in some parallel universes. We just need to execute Takeshita translations to reach them.
Post by Chemechie   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 am

Chemechie
Ensign

I'd like to see a prequel going in a different direction than discussed here; it would be neat to have a prequel featuring some of Dick and MM's previous adventures on earth.
While they aren't directly Sci-Fi as far as we know, there is evidence they got into lots of 'interesting' things in intelligence and/or special operations - some of those adventures could have elements of high tech, paranormal/ supernatural, or other near magical/ fantasy elements.
Of course, I'd also enjoy 'pure' military fiction, but given that AT is the closest RFC has come to that, I don't expect to see much of it.
Post by namelessfly   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

namelessfly

After reading the many mentions lof Ludmilla's "chestnut hair" in the various scenes where she is wearing only a Tee Shirt, I had to re-re-read chapter one to verify the Ludmilla is not bald.
Post by namelessfly   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm

namelessfly

My memory is so bad that I had forgotten that Kangas resemble Kangaroos until I reread the scene where Ludmilla almost shoots up the zoo!
Post by Earldrygulch   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Earldrygulch
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Montrose Toast wrote:Family comes first. The peanuts gallery can just reread all your books a couple more times...

I agree about the place of family in a person's life. I have logged a fair bit of time sitting in hospitals worrying myself. Something to distract the mind is to be valued.

(Besides it is the Peanut Gallery. It comes from a '50s kid's TV show called Howdy Doody. I know I am dating myself, but still... It has nothing to do with the carton strip with a similar name. ;) . )
Post by Earldrygulch   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Earldrygulch
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

iranuke wrote:
TheGlyphstone wrote:, Thuselas never exist except in Milla+Dick's descendants (easily rendered extinct by one generation being only male children).

You know, I've wondered why they never thought of using the same technique as Milla used on Dick. You take a terminally ill patient and give them a shot at immortality. Milla and Dick donate blood once every 6 weeks, one unit of blood is about 1/2 liter so every 6 weeks you have about 500 doses for the terminally ill. Within a fairly short time, you would have a fairly large population of Thuselas, enough to dose all terminally ill.

Successful transplants can also donate.
Post by kbus888   » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 am

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2014-01-16=

She was not bald - - but Dick was :D

R

namelessfly wrote:After reading the many mentions lof Ludmilla's "chestnut hair" in the various scenes where she is wearing only a Tee Shirt, I had to re-re-read chapter one to verify the Ludmilla is not bald.
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by kbus888   » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 am

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2014-01-16=
Hi Guys

?? Is there anyone here that would like a sequel to Apocalypse Troll ??

Just ask'n :lol:

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein

Return to Apocalypse Troll