Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

David Weber was in San Diego this week

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
David Weber was in San Diego this week
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

He looks in pretty good shape. He says he’s got his health problems taken care of after his doctor made him take two months off, enforced by Sharon. He sounded energetic, and ready to get busy writing. He mentioned a lot of pending projects, although I don't see how he can have time for everything. Among them:

The next Travis Long book, A Call To Insurrection — close to complete
A Stephanie Harrington and Climbs Quickly book with Jane Lindskold
Sequel to Out Of The Dark — Into The Light
At least two sequels to The Apocalypse Troll
Sequels to In Fury Born
More Empire Of Man books
More books in the Dahak series

The next Safehold book is to cover about fifteen years after the end of At The Sign Of Triumph. He said it was either that, or many many chapters of exposition and flashbacks in a book set just a little later. There will be ‘trouble’ with North Harchong, part of Desnair and some disgruntled Siddarmarkians. We will learn the meaning of ‘Gbaba’ — eventually. Not in that book, though.

More Honorverse books are planned, few details have been nailed down at this time. I guess it’s all in his head. He has been writing Honorverse books for more than a third of his life.

He’s working on a collaboration with a new writer called…uh…something Gordian something. Hitler must live, and the Holocaust must happen, or fifteen universes will be destroyed. He seems to be really excited about it. Should be out next year.
Re: David Weber was in San Diego this week
Post by Fireflair   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Thanks for the update! I never get to catch him at con or book signings as he doesn't come out to Cincinnati and surrounding areas.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Oh! He also said there has been a change in the publishing process at Baen Books. They will no longer schedule or announce his new books until AFTER he has turned in the manuscripts. No more all-nighters to beat looming deadlines! He can do his writing the sane way: work on it until it's done, and it takes as long as it takes.

I don't think forcing a story out into the world makes it better.
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:10 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Oh! He also said there has been a change in the publishing process at Baen Books. They will no longer schedule or announce his new books until AFTER he has turned in the manuscripts. No more all-nighters to beat looming deadlines! He can do his writing the sane way: work on it until it's done, and it takes as long as it takes.

I don't think forcing a story out into the world makes it better.

No, but a deadline sometimes makes one cut to the chase and get on with the task, or stops you tinkering in search of perfection. That said, for RFC just now the new process is probably a useful way of dealing with his tendency to somewhat over-commit himself. The project list suggests he may need something like that. :)

Return to Conventions