Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

SoonerCon 2016

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
SoonerCon 2016
Post by OsageOrange   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 am

OsageOrange
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

So is anyone going to SoonerCon in Midwest City, OK, this year in order to get the chance to meet David in person? I for sure am, because its within reasonable driving distance for me to take this opportunity. I'm gonna take a few books with me to be signed.

If anyone else is going or plans on going, let's chat!
Re: SoonerCon 2016
Post by coldsteel   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:17 pm

coldsteel

I would, but I'm getting ready for Tokyo in Tulsa mid-July. I'd love to have him sign my Starfire novels and rulebook.
Post by OsageOrange   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:16 pm

OsageOrange

coldsteel wrote:I would, but I'm getting ready for Tokyo in Tulsa mid-July. I'd love to have him sign my Starfire novels and rulebook.

Well, all the luck to you at yours. If you can somehow squeeze SoonerCon in, I'd still be willing to meet up!
Post by coldsteel   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 am

coldsteel

OsageOrange wrote:
coldsteel wrote:I would, but I'm getting ready for Tokyo in Tulsa mid-July. I'd love to have him sign my Starfire novels and rulebook.

Well, all the luck to you at yours. If you can somehow squeeze SoonerCon in, I'd still be willing to meet up!

It'd be nice, but this is my weekend to get built 100-odd ruined buildings for a Warhammer 40K tournament at TnT next month...
Post by OsageOrange   » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:41 am

OsageOrange

Well, I'm at SoonerCon, and I was able to get to go to David's first panel and get books signed!

@coldsteel- good luck with that.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

any news to share?

OsageOrange wrote:Well, I'm at SoonerCon, and I was able to get to go to David's first panel and get books signed!

Post by OsageOrange   » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:42 pm

OsageOrange

Lunan wrote:any news to share?

OsageOrange wrote:Well, I'm at SoonerCon, and I was able to get to go to David's first panel and get books signed!

Well, I did get a total of three books signed (Off Armageddon Reef, A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Saganami) by David, and went to a number of panels he was on (but not all of them, cause there were other panels that were just as interesting.) At his first panel, David did an Honorverse novel reading, talked about some of his efforts in writing current material, answered some questions and... did a few *cough* spoilers *cough* which I'm not gonna reveal, lest everyone here gets pissed off.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

put them in the spoiler section

[/quote]

Well, I did get a total of three books signed (Off Armageddon Reef, A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Saganami) by David, and went to a number of panels he was on (but not all of them, cause there were other panels that were just as interesting.) At his first panel, David did an Honorverse novel reading, talked about some of his efforts in writing current material, answered some questions and... did a few *cough* spoilers *cough* which I'm not gonna reveal, lest everyone here gets pissed off.[/quote]
Post by OsageOrange   » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 am

OsageOrange

Lunan wrote:put them in the spoiler section

If I decide to do so, I will.
Post by Lunan   » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

OsageOrange wrote:
Lunan wrote:put them in the spoiler section

If I decide to do so, I will.

well considering the updates duckk just gave us have you reconsidered putting any info into snippets. say called "sooner con snippets" or some such

Return to Conventions