Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by moonkist1   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 am

moonkist1
Site Admin

Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Welcome to HonorCon Family Feud!

We will be accepting applications at registration for teams of 3 - 4 people. The questions will require knowledge of the stories, but not necessarily in depth trivia-type knowledge. We will play rounds based on the popular game show Family Feud.

Example Question:

What is one thing would you expect to find in Honor Harrington's stateroom?

Currently, for those that follow David on Twitter and Facebook, and HonorCon on Facebook, we are releasing the questions and gathering popular answers. Answers will also be taken from a group of captive fans prior to the Con...(lucky volunteers!)

Thanks, and we're looking forward to the game!

Gena
Co-chair of HonorCon
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by Seawolf509   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 am

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 am

ROFL, when I first read the title of of the post I had a whole different idea what Family Feud meant. Something along the lines of swords/pulsers/paintball.
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by moonkist1   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Seawolf509 wrote:ROFL, when I first read the title of of the post I had a whole different idea what Family Feud meant. Something along the lines of swords/pulsers/paintball.



Seawolf -

ROFL

Oh, dear...don't give anyone any ideas. I have already had a serious conversation with the hotel management explaining that the type of costumes we would have at the Con would lean toward the heavily covered up, not the skimpy, mostly naked.

...And then my puritanical rant and attempt to calm the hotel manager was interrupted by...

"Unless they're dressing as sex slaves, then they might not wear much."

*Blink Blink* Well, that was awkward.

Gena
Co-chair and herder of cats
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by Seawolf509   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 am

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 am

moonkist1 wrote:
Seawolf509 wrote:ROFL, when I first read the title of of the post I had a whole different idea what Family Feud meant. Something along the lines of swords/pulsers/paintball.



Seawolf -

ROFL

Oh, dear...don't give anyone any ideas. I have already had a serious conversation with the hotel management explaining that the type of costumes we would have at the Con would lean toward the heavily covered up, not the skimpy, mostly naked.

...And then my puritanical rant and attempt to calm the hotel manager was interrupted by...

"Unless they're dressing as sex slaves, then they might not wear much."

*Blink Blink* Well, that was awkward.

Gena
Co-chair and herder of cats



I think I will let this post slowly fade to black.
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by dreamrider   » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:40 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:44 am

moonkist1 wrote:
Seawolf509 wrote:ROFL, when I first read the title of of the post I had a whole different idea what Family Feud meant. Something along the lines of swords/pulsers/paintball.



Seawolf -

ROFL

Oh, dear...don't give anyone any ideas. I have already had a serious conversation with the hotel management explaining that the type of costumes we would have at the Con would lean toward the heavily covered up, not the skimpy, mostly naked.

...And then my puritanical rant and attempt to calm the hotel manager was interrupted by...

"Unless they're dressing as sex slaves, then they might not wear much."

*Blink Blink* Well, that was awkward.

Gena
Co-chair and herder of cats


Quick! Show him pictures of Grayson formal wear, and "light" athletic clothing. (Avoid pictures of Honor swimming attire.)

dreamrider
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by drothgery   » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

drothgery
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1818
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

dreamrider wrote:Quick! Show him pictures of Grayson formal wear, and "light" athletic clothing. (Avoid pictures of Honor swimming attire.)

Especially avoid pictures of Allison's swimming attire.
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Posts: 2634
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 am
Location: New Zealand

drothgery wrote:
dreamrider wrote:Quick! Show him pictures of Grayson formal wear, and "light" athletic clothing. (Avoid pictures of Honor swimming attire.)

Especially avoid pictures of Allison's swimming attire.



Thats considered near scandalous on even beowulf! XD
`
Image


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by Seawolf509   » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 am

What the point of going to a convention if all you are going to do is swim in the pool? :?: :?:
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by dreamrider   » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:50 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:44 am

Seawolf509 wrote:What the point of going to a convention if all you are going to do is swim in the pool? :?: :?:


With ALLISON!?!? Who wouldn't?

dreamrider
Top
Re: Announcing: HonorCon Family Feud
Post by drothgery   » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm

drothgery
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1818
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

dreamrider wrote:
Seawolf509 wrote:What the point of going to a convention if all you are going to do is swim in the pool? :?: :?:


With ALLISON!?!? Who wouldn't?

* assumes Alfred is off-world
Top

Return to Conventions