Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Information Questions

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
Information Questions
Post by Redleg68   » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Redleg68
Lieutenant Commander

I just spent some 30 minutes trying to get into info@honorcon.org. Had ZERO access to anything resembling a place to post a question.

I am stuck with a strong allergy to dogs. I get very sick with vomiting if I am ambushed by a dog. I cannot have someones favorite baby jumping on me, licking me, or in my face(NO ITS NOT CUTE to ME) no matter how much they love the dog. I find dog owners especially women greatly offended when I projectile vomit on their pet. I cannot help this. I take medications which help, but that means I cannot have a drink or coffee or tea. And I still get sick and must charge for the nearest bathroom, I usually make it if not tripped or blocked by the dog. This is very embarassing to me to have this sickness, but the Tester did not ask me. Will banquets etc be open to dogs? Does the hotel have certified dog free rooms? Will there be dog free seating at panels and meetings. I already think the gaming will be a no go for me as you have a pet free policy and I know other players don't want to play if I may suddenly have a response to a over friendly dog. I really want to make the trip from Washington State to the convention, but don't know if I can attend events.
Re: Information Questions
Post by Duckk   » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

I have informed the organizers. They are looking into this and will have an answer shortly.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Redleg68   » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 am

Redleg68
Lieutenant Commander

Duckk wrote:I have informed the organizers. They are looking into this and will have an answer shortly.

Thank you very much. I appreciate support from the guy who gets little appreciation due to his normal job. Again thanks a lot.
Post by moonkist1   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am

moonkist1
Site Admin

Redleg68 wrote:I just spent some 30 minutes trying to get into info@honorcon.org. Had ZERO access to anything resembling a place to post a question.

I am stuck with a strong allergy to dogs. I get very sick with vomiting if I am ambushed by a dog. I cannot have someones favorite baby jumping on me, licking me, or in my face(NO ITS NOT CUTE to ME) no matter how much they love the dog. I find dog owners especially women greatly offended when I projectile vomit on their pet. I cannot help this. I take medications which help, but that means I cannot have a drink or coffee or tea. And I still get sick and must charge for the nearest bathroom, I usually make it if not tripped or blocked by the dog. This is very embarassing to me to have this sickness, but the Tester did not ask me. Will banquets etc be open to dogs? Does the hotel have certified dog free rooms? Will there be dog free seating at panels and meetings. I already think the gaming will be a no go for me as you have a pet free policy and I know other players don't want to play if I may suddenly have a response to a over friendly dog. I really want to make the trip from Washington State to the convention, but don't know if I can attend events.

Hello!

My name is Gena, and I am one of the co-chairs of HonorCon. Duckk has let me know about your concerns, and I have double checked with the hotel about their policies. Although the hotel is pet friendly, they do not allow pets (that are not service animals) into meeting spaces (such as panel rooms, the gaming area, the pre-function area where registration will be, and the vendors area) or in any area where food is served. If you have concerns about being offered a pet-free room during your stay, I would be happy to email you off-list with the contact information for the person at the hotel who is in charge of our reservations for you to discuss this with.

We certainly hope to make this Con welcoming everyone - pets or no pets!

Thank you,
Gena Robinson
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Post by Redleg68   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Redleg68
Lieutenant Commander

:D Thank you. I feel better about the convention now. I had been to one in San Jose for another org who said they were pet friendly and was sick the whole period. One lady is suing me for the psycological damage to herself and her pet when she walked up to me and put her dog in my face. I had the unfortunate response my allergy occasions. I am confident I will win the suite, but it costs money for a lawyer.

Again thank you please send info to me at my email address listed with the web site.
Post by Mjolnir   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Mjolnir
Midshipman

Wait what? She allowed her animal to accost you, and now wants to sue you for your involuntary reaction? How do they spell Frivolous in California? Another good reason to stay in Seattle and not move south. :ugeek:
Post by Redleg68   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 am

Redleg68
Lieutenant Commander

:( Yes, However my attorney tells me some organization group from PITA and Ethical Treatment for Animals is filing a brief with the court that I failed to provide advanced warning to protect the animal. I guess I needed to wear a leaper costume with bells that rang and cry out no dogs, no dogs or something. He says if they get a good jury I may have to appeal and that I should be prepared for costs of $50,000. So I am counter suing for costs of defense and for the embarrasment and humiliation cause to me by being accosted by her dog. Hate law suites and it seems to me the only ones who will win are the Lawyers. COL.
Post by Redleg68   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 am

Redleg68
Lieutenant Commander

:( Yes, However my attorney tells me some organization group from PITA and Ethical Treatment for Animals is filing a brief with the court that I failed to provide advanced warning to protect the animal. I guess I needed to wear a leaper costume with bells that rang and cry out no dogs, no dogs or something. He says if they get a good jury I may have to appeal and that I should be prepared for costs of $50,000. So I am counter suing for costs of defense and for the embarrasment and humiliation cause to me by being accosted by her dog. Hate law suites and it seems to me the only ones who will win are the Lawyers. COL.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:10 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Damn. thats incredibly stupid.

I think its much better over here. no suing of that kind allowed. in fact, pretty much no suing allowed at all.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by KNick   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 am

KNick
Admiral

Redleg68 wrote::( Yes, However my attorney tells me some organization group from PITA and Ethical Treatment for Animals is filing a brief with the court that I failed to provide advanced warning to protect the animal. I guess I needed to wear a leaper costume with bells that rang and cry out no dogs, no dogs or something. He says if they get a good jury I may have to appeal and that I should be prepared for costs of $50,000. So I am counter suing for costs of defense and for the embarrasment and humiliation cause to me by being accosted by her dog. Hate law suites and it seems to me the only ones who will win are the Lawyers. COL.

Personally, I would simply go to the police, file a report and have her charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Let her deal with the local DA, instead of your lawyers. After all, her assault caused you obvious physical harm.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!

Return to Conventions