Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

HonorCon Confirmed!!

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
HonorCon Confirmed!!
Post by moonkist1   » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

And...we're live! We have confirmation from the Hyatt in downtown Greenville, SC that they will be hosting out event on November 1 - 3rd.

I've nixed electric cars rigged out in laser tag gear driving for points through the lobby. Any one else have ideas of panels, people, or programming that they would like to see?

Thanks,
Gena
Co-Chair of the Mayhem :D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Re: HonorCon Confirmed!!
Post by pokermind   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

moonkist1 wrote:And...we're live! We have confirmation from the Hyatt in downtown Greenville, SC that they will be hosting out event on November 8 - 10th.

I've nixed electric cars rigged out in laser tag gear driving for points through the lobby. Any one else have ideas of panels, people, or programming that they would like to see?

Thanks,
Gena

Just cross referenced over on Baen' Bar
Crazy Charlie AKA pokermind wrote:They just added a new Forum, HonorCon, on the convention over on David Weber's site, no new meat yet, well they decided no bumper cars:

http://forums.davidweber.net/viewforum.php?f=17

Still nothing on official site but the logo, city, and dates.

http://honorcon.com/

Charlie :(

Chief, "You want to put out info on Hotel, near by alternatives ASAP so guys planning on attending can make reservations. Also information on preregistration etc.

Mange, <Yah, to quote the old Wendy's add, "Where's the beef?">

Image Twang tee tee twang. Twang. Twang.

"Shave and a haircut two bits :lol: Sorry about that, on Grayson, where we're stationed, they consider Ancient commercials high art. Mange, enough fermented celery juice for you!"

<What do you do with a drunken Space 'Cat?
<Earl eye in the morning.>

"Mange! Behave!"

"Ugh, sorry, Sir."

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by tmon   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 pm

tmon
Ensign

How much is the hotel rooms?

moonkist1 wrote:And...we're live! We have confirmation from the Hyatt in downtown Greenville, SC that they will be hosting out event on November 8 - 10th.

Thanks,
Gena
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

If you stay at the Hyatt, it's about $180 USD/night through their website. They are also pet friendly, so you can bring your 'cat with you. I don't know about Mange, however Poker. He seems a bit of a party animal and unsafe to have there.

You can find cheaper rates using Expedia or Priceline, however. (Even for the Hyatt). There are places within ten or fifteen minutes of the Hyatt which are ~$100 USD/night.

Side note, I was able to find the following about what the event:

Celebrating 20 years in the worlds of Honor Harrington.

Guests of Honor:
David Weber
Timothy Zahn
Eric Flint
David Mattingly
(Others TBD)

Events:
Art Show, Artist Alley, Board Games, Dealer Room, Fan Panels, Free Autographs, General Cosplay, All Over Guest Panels, Hall Cosplay Contest, Hospitality Miniatures, Games, Pick Up Games, Workshops
Post by pokermind   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:01 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Missed hotel in original post.

Hyatt Regency Greenville
220 North Main Street,
Greenville, South Carolina, USA 29601
Tel: +1 864 235 1234

I called the hotel and they said 300 reserved rooms and a special rate are in the works, but won't be finalized until next week. link here for map: http://greenville.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-greenville/services/maps/index.jsp?icamp=propMapDirections.

Here for Hotel's web page: http://greenville.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-greenville/index.jsp

Hope this helps those planning on attending, wish I could.
Mange, <PARTY! Did some one say party? As an Imaginary Character I can imagine my self there [G]>

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Please let the people organizing the con do their thing and make official announcements when they're ready. I'd really hate for people to jump the gun and make plans before all the pieces are in place.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Seawolf509   » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Would like to see a supply of books of the guest of honors to be purchased. Maybe raffles giving away signed copies as prizes.
Post by moonkist1   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

Seawolf509 wrote:Would like to see a supply of books of the guest of honors to be purchased. Maybe raffles giving away signed copies as prizes.

We already have a great book vendor who has offered to inhabit the dealer's room with her wares, plus we will have several autographing opportunities throughout the weekend.

I appreciate the doorprize/raffle idea...I know I never win, but I always end up buying a ticket anyway, and we have a wonderful charity that we are raising funds for...

:)
Gena
Co-Chair of the Mayhem
Lewis Carroll
Post by moonkist1   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

Okay, due to negotiation with the hotel, the date for HonorCon had to shift a week earlier. The Con will be held November 1 - 3, 2013, still at the Greenville Hyatt Downtown. Luckily, I think this is happening early enough that it shouldn't inconvenience anyone too much!

Gena
Co-chair of the mayhem
(Who is kicking herself for not waiting another week to start announcing the Con...)
Lewis Carroll
Post by tmon   » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 pm

tmon
Ensign

Have you have a room price yet? And if a person doesn't stay in the hotel what about parking?

moonkist1 wrote:Okay, due to negotiation with the hotel, the date for HonorCon had to shift a week earlier. The Con will be held November 1 - 3, 2013, still at the Greenville Hyatt Downtown. Luckily, I think this is happening early enough that it shouldn't inconvenience anyone too much!

Gena
Co-chair of the mayhem
(Who is kicking herself for not waiting another week to start announcing the Con...)

Return to Conventions