Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

HonorCon Confirmed!!

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
Re: HonorCon Confirmed!!
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:44 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

For Gena's idea box:

Honorverse art show, with specific ship rendering and treecat sub-shows. (Maybe we could get to see all the remnant work from the aborted game?)

Lego ship-building contest. Maybe one "on-the-spot", and one for folks to being prepared models.

A reading by David, perahps of a selection of HIS favorite passages from the entire series.

Portraits of the Sharon & kids - in appropriate Manticoran and Grayson garb. (C'mon - I'll bet Mattingly could be convinced to cgi this.)

Prayer breakfast. Could you find a lay pastor to lead this?

Panel of Weber collaborators - on working with David Weber.

Dragon Naturally Speaking participation demo. "Can YOU get those Safehold names to come out right?"

Honorverse trivia contest.

Late night hot chocolate clatch.

"Eric Flint's View of the Honorverse" presentation. David not allowed.

Basic treecat signing lesson(s).

Moot Parliment - all parties represented by fans in the respective party roles - debating ratification of the Haven treaty, re-building priorities, and other issues. Position index cards provided.

enough for now,
dreamrider
Post by Seawolf509   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Suggestion for raffle or something to bid on for charity; if David would agree to it, maybe he would be willing to put the winners name in the book as a single reference. I.E ensign [winner name] please take this report to the XO.

I think it would be easy to fit in ( if production schedule would allow it) and could possibably generate some decent cash.

Gag vendor - have someone sell celery at the Con.
Post by pokermind   » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Seawolf509 wrote:Suggestion for raffle or something to bid on for charity; if David would agree to it, maybe he would be willing to put the winners name in the book as a single reference. I.E ensign [winner name] please take this report to the XO.

I think it would be easy to fit in ( if production schedule would allow it) and could possibably generate some decent cash.

Gag vendor - have someone sell celery at the Con.

Mange, <Wearing treecat costume?>

Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Gena, anything more you could tell us please? its been a month now..... (hopeful expression, puppy dog eyes)
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by Seawolf509   » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 am

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Spacekiwi wrote:Gena, anything more you could tell us please? its been a month now..... (hopeful expression, puppy dog eyes)

ARGH THE TRAVISTY!!!!!

Spacekiwi this is an HONOR convention and you use puppy dog eyes?! Treecat man Treecat!!!!( backed by telepathy).
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Seawolf509 wrote:
Spacekiwi wrote:Gena, anything more you could tell us please? its been a month now..... (hopeful expression, puppy dog eyes)

ARGH THE TRAVISTY!!!!!

Spacekiwi this is an HONOR convention and you use puppy dog eyes?! Treecat man Treecat!!!!( backed by telepathy).

XD a treecat, doing puppydog eyes? wont work on anyone who has seen them get what they want.......

XD
`

Post by Seawolf509   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Gena, anything more you could tell us please? its been a month now..... (hopeful expression, puppy dog eyes
ARGH THE TRAVISTY!!!!!

XD a treecat, doing puppydog eyes? wont work on anyone who has seen them get what they want.......

Face palms ;) ;)

P.s Quote would not work
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Seawolf509 wrote:Gena, anything more you could tell us please? its been a month now..... (hopeful expression, puppy dog eyes
ARGH THE TRAVISTY!!!!!

Face palms ;) ;)

P.s Quote would not work

You have a furry little creature capable of handing you your guts and eveything else to you in under a second. he doesnt need puppydog eyes.....
`

Post by Seawolf509   » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

No my point was how can a treecat do puppy dog eyes?
Post by dreamrider   » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Seawolf509 wrote:No my point was how can a treecat do puppy dog eyes?

Well, its been mentioned that they do aquire utensils, pans, etc, through the SFS, so I'm gonna guess...

...lightly sauteed.

dreamrider

Return to Conventions