Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Nutty Nancy

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:52 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:You know I'm constantly in this state of indecision...

Is TFLY like... 50% actual conservative ignoramus and 50% troll... or is he 100% troll who just knows that the best way to troll is to play the role of a conservative ignoramus?

It's almost impossible to tell, since the difference between the actual stupidity of MAGA people and any attempted parody or impersonation of MAGA people is pretty much immeasurable.



Why do Europeons feel entitled to denigrate American conservatives while simultaneously expecting American conservatives to maintain the American military that they presume should protect them from the Russians and other threats, real or imagined? If you want America to be governed by screaming, liberal shitbrains such as Obama, then be preparred to be on your own if the SHTF because America will not have the capability to protect you. If you dont want America to protect you or dont believe that there is any threat that you need protection from, why should you care about a conservative American President contemplating withdrawal from NATO?
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:You know I'm constantly in this state of indecision...

Is TFLY like... 50% actual conservative ignoramus and 50% troll... or is he 100% troll who just knows that the best way to troll is to play the role of a conservative ignoramus?

It's almost impossible to tell, since the difference between the actual stupidity of MAGA people and any attempted parody or impersonation of MAGA people is pretty much immeasurable.



Why do Europeons feel entitled to denigrate American conservatives


1. I'm not European.

2. Because they deserve it.
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by Donnachaidh   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Donnachaidh
Commodore

Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Would it make you feel better if another American or a fellow Oregonian told you that? Because I've wondered the same thing...

And if you bothered to actually pay attention to what Obama did you'd find that he was actually fairly centrist (for the US) on most (I'm not saying all) issues including military spending and NATO. Or is your issue with Obama's military policies rooted in bigotry toward women, non-heterosexuals, and transsexuals?

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:You know I'm constantly in this state of indecision...

Is TFLY like... 50% actual conservative ignoramus and 50% troll... or is he 100% troll who just knows that the best way to troll is to play the role of a conservative ignoramus?

It's almost impossible to tell, since the difference between the actual stupidity of MAGA people and any attempted parody or impersonation of MAGA people is pretty much immeasurable.



Why do Europeons feel entitled to denigrate American conservatives while simultaneously expecting American conservatives to maintain the American military that they presume should protect them from the Russians and other threats, real or imagined? If you want America to be governed by screaming, liberal shitbrains such as Obama, then be preparred to be on your own if the SHTF because America will not have the capability to protect you. If you dont want America to protect you or dont believe that there is any threat that you need protection from, why should you care about a conservative American President contemplating withdrawal from NATO?
_____________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by Daryl   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I'm not European but admit to denigerating US conservatives at times. Mainly because many (not all) tend to be gullible idiots, who have such spectacular conspiracy theories.
As to conservatives defending the world, this is just a part of the common conservative delusion that the "right" is tough and competent, while the "left" are ineffectual and soft.
Just plain rubbish, easily disproved by studying history, and seeing how many "tough guys" have lost all. Often get a start through surprise, then the ordinary normal people push back.
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:42 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Having had a couple of holidays in America, I have encountered people ranging from intelligent/knowledgeable to total airheads.
Some of my favorite questions I have been asked in America include...
My friend Jason lived in England... do you know him?
Do people really use donkeys and carts in England?
Does everything really stop at five for a cup of tea?
The Playstation Two recently came out here, have you heard of it in England?
Have you ever had tea with the Queen? If so, what's she like?
You come from England? Are you from London or the North?

Before going to America, I thought that those questions were nothing more than jokes about American Idiots. Having experienced them first-hand...
A large minority of Americans can't even find their own country on a world map!
As such, as soon as Tfly starts going on one of his "I bred half of Europe/non-Americans don't get our gun fetish/Lock up Hillary but ignore the President's tax fraud" rants, I just assume he's either off his meds or has missed his latest therapy session.
After all, people like that do exist in America.
If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and sounds like a duck, chances are that it isn't a blue whale in disguise.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2267
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Why do Europeons feel entitled to denigrate American conservatives


Hold on a minute. I am not denigrating "american conservatives". I am denigrating "american conservatives like you". Or "trumpets". Or "morons who think The Great Replacement is real". Or "People who voted for Trump". There probably are "american conservatives" out there who aren't any of these other things, who are perfectly decent people and rightly appalled by what passes for a conservative party in your country. Those, I don't have any issue with. I would assume that they are able to make coherent arguments about why the US government is too large, or why it is a good thing for the US to scale back its involvement in foreign affairs.

I do not expect you to be able to make such arguments though, TFLY. Or the current crop of "conservative" talking heads and leaders. Important difference there.

moving on:
while simultaneously expecting American conservatives to maintain the American military that they presume should protect them from the Russians and other threats, real or imagined?


I expect the US to act in its own self-interest at all times. If the US wants to cut defence spending, great! Maybe you guys can finally stop giving tax cuts to people or corporations who don't need them with the money being saved. That would be good.

Militarily, I don't think we really need your protection. Russia isn't a military threat; Unlike your President, the russian leadership has a good enough grasp of reality to know that they can't conquer Europe.
Russia is threatening on a different axis: They are very good at running destabilization operations. It would be great if you "american conservatives" could get your heads out of Trump's ass and stop supporting them in their efforts.

If you want America to be governed by screaming, liberal shitbrains such as Obama, then be preparred to be on your own if the SHTF because America will not have the capability to protect you.


Your grasp on reality is really quite tenuous, isn't it.

If you dont want America to protect you or dont believe that there is any threat that you need protection from, why should you care about a conservative American President contemplating withdrawal from NATO?


If such a President actually had good reasons rooted in some form of analysis of geopolitical realities that was on some level understandable and debatable (as in, something that can be debated and reasoned about), I'm sure the situation would be quite a bit different.
But since the President who's doing the withdrawing is doing so because he is incapable of understanding international relationships, well....
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:31 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:



Why do Europeons feel entitled to denigrate American conservatives


1. I'm not European.

2. Because they deserve it.



If you are not European, what planet are you from?
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

The E wrote:
Hold on a minute. I am not denigrating "american conservatives". I am denigrating "american conservatives like you". Or "trumpets". Or "morons who think The Great Replacement is real". Or "People who voted for Trump". There probably are "american conservatives" out there who aren't any of these other things, who are perfectly decent people and rightly appalled by what passes for a conservative party in your country. Those, I don't have any issue with. I would assume that they are able to make coherent arguments about why the US government is too large, or why it is a good thing for the US to scale back its involvement in foreign affairs.

I do not expect you to be able to make such arguments though, TFLY. Or the current crop of "conservative" talking heads and leaders. Important difference there.

moving on:
while simultaneously expecting American conservatives to maintain the American military that they presume should protect them from the Russians and other threats, real or imagined?


I expect the US to act in its own self-interest at all times. If the US wants to cut defence spending, great! Maybe you guys can finally stop giving tax cuts to people or corporations who don't need them with the money being saved. That would be good.

Militarily, I don't think we really need your protection. Russia isn't a military threat; Unlike your President, the russian leadership has a good enough grasp of reality to know that they can't conquer Europe.
Russia is threatening on a different axis: They are very good at running destabilization operations. It would be great if you "american conservatives" could get your heads out of Trump's ass and stop supporting them in their efforts.

If you want America to be governed by screaming, liberal shitbrains such as Obama, then be preparred to be on your own if the SHTF because America will not have the capability to protect you.


Your grasp on reality is really quite tenuous, isn't it.

If you dont want America to protect you or dont believe that there is any threat that you need protection from, why should you care about a conservative American President contemplating withdrawal from NATO?


If such a President actually had good reasons rooted in some form of analysis of geopolitical realities that was on some level understandable and debatable (as in, something that can be debated and reasoned about), I'm sure the situation would be quite a bit different.
But since the President who's doing the withdrawing is doing so because he is incapable of understanding international relationships, well....



You continue to spew feces rather than make cogent arguments.

The biggest destabilizing influence in global events during the last decade was the Obama/Clinton presidency. Inciting the Arab Spring to overthow Gadaffy was a profound betrayal of Libya surrendering its WMD not to mention Mubarak who had honored the Camp David Peace Accords for three decades. As a result we got ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Since Obama was to feckless to handle it, Russia had justification to become involved. Turkey exploited the opportunity to wage war on the Kurds who were allied with the US against ISIS. It was a repeat of the corruption in the Oil for Food program that enabled Saddam Hussein to survive sanctions and the refusal to allow US troops to deploy through Turkey which made the insurgency almost inevitable.

This exposes the reality that America's NATO allies are very eager to do what they perceive is in their best interest even when it jeapordizes America and costs Americans blood and treasure to mitigate the consequences.

Unlike every President since GW Bush, Trump is smart enough to understand that the Cold War is over, the Warsaw Pact is no more and Russia is not the USSR. As a result of this new reality combined with hydraulic fracturing giving America energy independance, America no longer needs to tolerate alleged allies whose pursuit of their own selfish interests are no less destabilizing and problematic to America than Vladimir Putin's efforts to safeguard Russia.

President Trump is disrespected because he understands the new paradigm and acts accordingly.
Top
Re: Nutty Nancy
Post by Annachie   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Nice to see the US education system at it's best there Fly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top

Return to Politics