Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Truth is subjective!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Truth is subjective!
Post by smr   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:35 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Please produce the proof to your allegation because I either did not see that or I missed that commentary!

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Wow! They try to destroy some High School kids at a Pro Life Rally. They edited a video and then assigned reasons why this kid was smiling (smirking the media's words) while have a drum beat in his face.

I've seen the full video.

It doesn't make these bigoted little jackasses look better.

Nor does the one where one of them yells at a bunch of women "it's not rape if you like it"

Nor does the one where they yell at another group of women that they're sluts.

We all know why these little pricks were there and what their attitude was.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Please produce the proof to your allegation because I either did not see that or I missed that commentary!

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/sta ... 2283776003
Post by Bluesqueak   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Please produce the proof to your allegation because I either did not see that or I missed that commentary!

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/sta ... 2283776003

You are using as 'evidence' a thread where the tweeter admits that she doesn't even know if the boy attends Covington. Apparently any kid in a Trump hat will do.

So - from the UK - let me see if I've got this straight.

A bunch of teenage boys are taken to Washington to attend a political rally.
They get shouted at by adult protesters from a fringe group. Then they get sworn at. Then they get insulted. They respond like ... teenage boys.

Then a protester from another group adds to the fun by going into the centre of the boys group and doing some drumming.And one of the kids gets pilloried on social media because he smiled at him?

And then a lot of people on social media think the appropriate response to a group of teenagers dealing less than optimally with what's probably their first experience of this kind of political rough and tumble is to demand they be publically named, send them death threats and close down their school. Oh, and find videos of any teenager doing anything inappropriate and present it as evidence, because it was probably that group of boys and ... WTF IS this?

The appropriate response (from the UK point of view) would be a bollocking from their headteacher. They're kids. Their brains aren't even fully developed yet. Just kids.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Thing about that kid is, he had the look of someone that people want to punch in the face. Like, instinctively.

Cory Worthington was the same.
Daryl might remember the event, but I ran accross him a few times, both before and after the infamous party, and he really could be voted "person most needing a punch"

About 10years ago, when he was mid to late teens I think, his parents went away and left him at home.
He threw a party that basically trashed his parents house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 am

smr
Vice Admiral

So it's ok with you to threaten a young man or woman still in High School for a pro-life stance. It's Ok to send suspicious packages to a school because you don't like their stance on abortion and he's wearing a Maga hat. It's Ok to call the Black Catholic young men...Uncle Tom's! Like I said, I would not have had the Self Control to stop from attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites. These kids went to a rally for Pro-Life. Annachie...I have lost all respect for you as a man or woman and as an individual. I think I will just go to bed because what I want to say should not be said in Anger!

Annachie wrote:Thing about that kid is, he had the look of someone that people want to punch in the face. Like, instinctively.

Daryl might remember the event, but I ran accross him a few times, both before and after the infamous party, and he really could be voted "person most needing a punch"

About 10years ago, when he was mid to late teens I think, his parents went away and left him at home.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:42 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I do remember that Australian incident and agree with the parallels. Don't agree with the punch as that allocates adult respect, possibly a backhand then take an earlobe and demand an apology. I have a fond memory of a country dance about 50 years ago when a teenage lout was very rude to a large mature lady of German heritage. She backhanded him so hard that he slid metres on the slippery dance floor on his back.
The whole idea of teenaged boys being encouraged to be rude to women in public is just wrong.

Annachie wrote:Thing about that kid is, he had the look of someone that people want to punch in the face. Like, instinctively.

Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:46 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

smr, it really has nothing to do with the kids stance on anything.

Almost literally the definition of smarmy git.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Bluesqueak   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:33 am

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

So basically, this kid deserves all of this for the crime of 'Looking at Someone Funny' and 'Looking Like a Brat'. Have I got that right?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

From here it appears that these teenaged boys were on an annual official school trip to counter protest against women protesting abortion laws?
What sort of school sends a group of teenaged boys out to disrespect adult women in public? At times the US really seem to be in another universe.
Post by Bluesqueak   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:From here it appears that these teenaged boys were on an annual official school trip to counter protest against women protesting abortion laws?
What sort of school sends a group of teenaged boys out to disrespect adult women in public? At times the US really seem to be in another universe.

Other way round. The date for the ProLife March was announced in July 2018. The date for the Women's March was announced in September 2018. It was the Women's March who picked the same date as the anti-abortion rally.

Return to Politics