Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Something's Burning

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Something's Burning
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:36 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Now it is the Nortre Dame cathederal.

Authorities claim that there is "no evidence of arson."

Just like the government of New Zealand responded to the massacre at two mosques by an assailant armed primarily with a Mossberg 930 shotgun and a Remington 870 shotgun by banning the video evidence so they could exploit it as an opportunity to ban semiautomatic rifles.

What.... the fuck.... are you talking about? How in the hell did you get from "fire at cathedral" to "government conspiracy to take away our guns!!!" with no steps in between?

The connection is that liberal governments have squandered their credibility. It sickened me to watch the New Zealand mosque video when I found it after the scrubbing began. However; I am glad I did. The video destroys the official narrative of an "assault rifle massacre.". He just used the rifles after the initial assault on anyone who said "I'm not dead yet."

The New Zealand government callously exploited the massacre as a pretext to ban semiautomatic rifles even though the video prooves that the massacre was perpetrated primarily with shotguns. Interestingly, semiautomatic and pump action shotguns were NOT banned. Just rifles.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Now it is the Nortre Dame cathederal.

Authorities claim that there is "no evidence of arson."

Just like the government of New Zealand responded to the massacre at two mosques by an assailant armed primarily with a Mossberg 930 shotgun and a Remington 870 shotgun by banning the video evidence so they could exploit it as an opportunity to ban semiautomatic rifles.

What.... the fuck.... are you talking about? How in the hell did you get from "fire at cathedral" to "government conspiracy to take away our guns!!!" with no steps in between?

Let me explain something. It is not possible for fire Investigator s to determine the cause of a fire while the fire is still burning unless it was arson and witnesses observed the arsonist starting the fire. In a big fire it takes DAYS or even weeks to let the embers cool, then stabilize the building so that it could be investigated. Someone could have been as blatant as using gasoline and road flares and they would not yet have found the evidence.. There is no way an honest politician could assure people that it was not arson.

If it is arson, they will deny it or blame it on the Yello Vest protestors.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
The connection is that liberal governments have squandered their credibility. It sickened me to watch the New Zealand mosque video when I found it after the scrubbing began. However; I am glad I did. The video destroys the official narrative of an "assault rifle massacre.". He just used the rifles after the initial assault on anyone who said "I'm not dead yet."

The New Zealand government callously exploited the massacre as a pretext to ban semiautomatic rifles even though the video prooves that the massacre was perpetrated primarily with shotguns. Interestingly, semiautomatic and pump action shotguns were NOT banned. Just rifles.

You might want to study a little NZ history and law there.

Then maybe you wont make such idiotic comments.

NZ police have been requesting this change for nearly 10 years.

You're right, those shotguns weren't banned. Unless they can take more than 5 cartridges or can take a magazine. Then they are.
Like the ones he used.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I am intrigued as to your thought processes. They seem to come from another existence entirely.
A classic oxymoron like "the real nice conservative", and Gcomeau's ideological house, what is that all about?
smr wrote:Quick someone get a fire extinguisher, someone call 911 and the real nice conservative will put out the fire burning down Gcomeau's ideological house.
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:45 am

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Let me explain something. It is not possible for fire Investigator s to determine the cause of a fire while the fire is still burning unless it was arson and witnesses observed the arsonist starting the fire. In a big fire it takes DAYS or even weeks to let the embers cool, then stabilize the building so that it could be investigated. Someone could have been as blatant as using gasoline and road flares and they would not yet have found the evidence.. There is no way an honest politician could assure people that it was not arson.

As much as I hate to admit it, TFLYTSNBN here is right (well, even stopped clocks show right time twice a day...). It's impossible to determine the cause of fire so fast. By claiming that "it was definitely NOT an arson" while the fire wasn't even completely extinguished, the Paris government basically tried to impose the mindset, not particularly caring about the truth. I understood why they are doing that - the situation in Paris is very violate, and claims like "it was X who burn the Cathedral!" could easily led to downfall of the Fifth Republic - but they are clearly declared this too fast.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by noblehunter   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dilandu wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, TFLYTSNBN here is right (well, even stopped clocks show right time twice a day...). It's impossible to determine the cause of fire so fast. By claiming that "it was definitely NOT an arson" while the fire wasn't even completely extinguished, the Paris government basically tried to impose the mindset, not particularly caring about the truth. I understood why they are doing that - the situation in Paris is very violate, and claims like "it was X who burn the Cathedral!" could easily led to downfall of the Fifth Republic - but they are clearly declared this too fast.

But they didn't say it's definitely not arson. They just said there's no evidence that it was. Given there's already people trying to suggest that it was arson, I think that's a useful statement.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

Joat42
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I just want to add that if someone at this stage has said "there is no evidence of arson" they are entirely correct since the investigation can't really start until the fire is out and the area is secured. No one has said "it was definitely NOT an arson", the prosecutor (Remy Heitz) has said they are favoring the theory it was an accident but they aren't excluding any theories at this point. Perhaps try to get the information you base your views on from primary sources.

It should be taken into account that Notre Dame was undergoing complex renovation and it was essentially a building site. My theory is that some worker fucked up.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:It should be taken into account that Notre Dame was undergoing complex renovation and it was essentially a building site. My theory is that some worker fucked up.

Most probable, yes.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by The E   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:49 am

The E
Admiral

And while we're taking things into account: Noone died in this fire. It is therefore possible that there are eyewitness accounts of the fire breaking out at the initial site; that should make the investigation relatively straightforward.

Not that smr or TFLY would believe any result that isn't "a muslim did it".
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

One of the first things I was taught as an apprentice.

If you're working on a job site and the fire alarm goes off, go to the toilet.
Hopefully that way you wont get the blame for the false alarm. Or fire.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics