Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Something's Burning

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Something's Burning
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Let me explain something. It is not possible for fire Investigator s to determine the cause of a fire while the fire is still burning unless it was arson and witnesses observed the arsonist starting the fire. In a big fire it takes DAYS or even weeks to let the embers cool, then stabilize the building so that it could be investigated. Someone could have been as blatant as using gasoline and road flares and they would not yet have found the evidence.. There is no way an honest politician could assure people that it was not arson.

If it is arson, they will deny it or blame it on the Yello Vest protestors.

As much as I hate to admit it, TFLYTSNBN here is right

Well good news, you don;t have to admit anything of the kind...

(well, even stopped clocks show right time twice a day...). It's impossible to determine the cause of fire so fast. By claiming that "it was definitely NOT an arson"

...because that isn't what they said. They just said there was no evidence it WAS arson. Which was and remains the truth.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:39 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Not hardly evidence of arson but definately disturbing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117938596952993793
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:44 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
Dilandu wrote:

As much as I hate to admit it, TFLYTSNBN here is right

Well good news, you don;t have to admit anything of the kind...

(well, even stopped clocks show right time twice a day...). It's impossible to determine the cause of fire so fast. By claiming that "it was definitely NOT an arson"

...because that isn't what they said. They just said there was no evidence it WAS arson. Which was and remains the truth.

What a bunch of linguistic crap. You apparently found one example of "no evidence of arson" while ignoring the prompt statements claiming that it wasn't arson.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News ... 555411384/
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:10 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
The connection is that liberal governments have squandered their credibility. It sickened me to watch the New Zealand mosque video when I found it after the scrubbing began. However; I am glad I did. The video destroys the official narrative of an "assault rifle massacre.". He just used the rifles after the initial assault on anyone who said "I'm not dead yet."

The New Zealand government callously exploited the massacre as a pretext to ban semiautomatic rifles even though the video prooves that the massacre was perpetrated primarily with shotguns. Interestingly, semiautomatic and pump action shotguns were NOT banned. Just rifles.

You might want to study a little NZ history and law there.

Then maybe you wont make such idiotic comments.

NZ police have been requesting this change for nearly 10 years.

You're right, those shotguns weren't banned. Unless they can take more than 5 cartridges or can take a magazine. Then they are.
Like the ones he used.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thank you for confirming my argument for me.

The New Zealand police had wanted to ban semiautomatic rifles for a decade but had not been able to do so because criminals were seldom using them to commit crimes. (The best evidence is about 2%-3% of all homicides in the US are committed with rifles of any type. This is down from about 10% a few decades ago. Extrapolating from detailed caliber, manufacturer and model specific data on weapons used to kill police it can be estimated that about 1% of US homicides are with military caliber and style, semiautomatic rifles.) Some Australian uses shotguns as his primary weapon to kill a bunch of people. The New Zealand government promptly bans the video so that they can deceive the public into believing that semiautomatic rifles were the primary weapons so that they can exploit the pretext to ban semiautomatic rifles.

Big Effing Deal about the five round magazine capacity limit on shotguns. Neither the Mossberg 930 or Remington 870 can accept detachable box magazines. There are other models based on the same design with MAJOR differences that can. Extended capacity tube magazines are most commonly 7 round capacity with 9 round capacity available but rarely used because of length.

You think that a capacity of 5 rounds plus 1 in the chamber vs 7 rounds plus 1 in the chamber is going to make any difference?

Shotguns with tube magazines can be reloaded continuously as you shoot. With a bit of practice you can ensure that you will never have an empty chamber so you will be able to shoot anyone who charges you while you are reloading.

The only thing limiting the carnage from a shotgun massacre is how much ammunition the shooter brings with them.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:14 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Post by gcomeau   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:00 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:...because that isn't what they said. They just said there was no evidence it WAS arson. Which was and remains the truth.

What a bunch of linguistic crap. You apparently found one example of "no evidence of arson" while ignoring the prompt statements claiming that it wasn't arson.

I was using YOUR QUOTED STATEMENT from the French in your own freaking post which you used as the basis for launching into your conspiracy theorizing you clueless nutcase.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Now it is the Nortre Dame cathederal.

Authorities claim that there is "no evidence of arson."

Does that look familiar? I added the emphasis to help you out.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I was using YOUR QUOTED STATEMENT from the French in your own freaking post which you used as the basis for launching into your conspiracy theorizing you clueless nutcase.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Now it is the Nortre Dame cathederal.

Authorities claim that there is "no evidence of arson."

Does that look familiar? I added the emphasis to help you out.

Yes. I quoted the least emphatic statement offered in the context of an avalanche of assertions.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Not hardly evidence of arson but definately disturbing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117938596952993793

Why? The building is on fire and someone in a hardhat is walking around checking things?

No, I would not call that disturbing - I would call it reasonable.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:What a bunch of linguistic crap. You apparently found one example of "no evidence of arson" while ignoring the prompt statements claiming that it wasn't arson.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News ... 555411384/

Linguistic crap?

The "no evidence of arson" comes from the prosecutor who also said yesterday that they hadn't ruled out arson because they don't have ANY evidence gathered yet! From that a bunch of news agencies ran with the headline "NO EVIDENCE OF ARSON" or something similar which in simple peoples headspace translates to "there was no arson" which then the conspiracy nuts go totally bonkers about since nobody can know that yet, which means it's a cover up!

As I said up-thread, if you want the real story go to the source , in this case the Paris prosecutor Rémy Heitz and what he said.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:25 am

TFLYTSNBN

I found this article on the Notre Dame Cathderal fire which eloquently articulates the context of the fire.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/19/a- ... epresents/

The question of accident or arson is almost irrellevant because modern French culture had already transformed the cathderal into a meaningless tourist attraction except for the tiny fraction of French people who remain devout rather than putative Catholics. The irony is that if the fire was merely an accident, it was the result of negligence by the restoration crew that have been funded by the French government because the Catholic church has abdicated its responsibility to maintain its own houses of worship. This abdication of responsibility ensures that any restoration of Nortre Dame will be dictated by atheists such as Macron. The transformation of a Christian Cathederal into a multifaith center of worship predestined to be dominated by muslims is assurred. I suspect that God will intervene by causing the fire damaged stone structure to collapse.

Return to Politics