Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Forget Russia, British Interference in the US Election!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Forget Russia, British Interference in the US Election!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:24 am

TFLYTSNBN

Re: Forget Russia, British Interference in the US Election!
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Somehow, I can understand the UK wanting to keep secret details of how it gathers information. After all, spies are valuable and releasing the information without any redactions would let the Russians find out where the leaks are and plug them... with lead, poison or the use of an incinerator.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Somehow, I can understand the UK wanting to keep secret details of how it gathers information. After all, spies are valuable and releasing the information without any redactions would let the Russians find out where the leaks are and plug them... with lead, poison or the use of an incinerator.

BTW what actually is the article claiming?
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Once you get past the headline, MI6 is trying to stop Trump from releasing the details of the Russia Investigation since it has the potential to let Russia identify the sources that MI6 tapped when helping the Americans get the information in question.
~~~~~~

Post by Annachie   » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Once you get past the headline, MI6 is trying to stop Trump from releasing the details of the Russia Investigation since it has the potential to let Russia identify the sources that MI6 tapped when helping the Americans get the information in question.
Or, why allies are now careful when sharing information with the US.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:Somehow, I can understand the UK wanting to keep secret details of how it gathers information. After all, spies are valuable and releasing the information without any redactions would let the Russians find out where the leaks are and plug them... with lead, poison or the use of an incinerator.

Polonium-210 injection?
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:14 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Polonium-210 injection?

...technically, Russia has never been known to have used that particular method. They've used Ricin-dispensing umbrellas that include a tiny needle to deposit a Ricin-covered metal granule into the target's leg, they've applied Polonium-210 to the inside of a teapot, they've smeared a custom-created nerve agent onto a door handle, but they haven't actually injected Polonium-210.

On a sorta-related note, the head of the GRU (the Russian Intelligence service tasked with assassinations) has passed away, apparently after a long illness.
Does anyone else think that he was actually killed by Putin's order because his people failed to murder the Skirpals? You know, to encourage the replacement to be more careful with planning?
~~~~~~

Post by Daryl   » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:36 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

pour encourager les autres

Michael Everett wrote:

...technically, Russia has never been known to have used that particular method. They've used Ricin-dispensing umbrellas that include a tiny needle to deposit a Ricin-covered metal granule into the target's leg, they've applied Polonium-210 to the inside of a teapot, they've smeared a custom-created nerve agent onto a door handle, but they haven't actually injected Polonium-210.

On a sorta-related note, the head of the GRU (the Russian Intelligence service tasked with assassinations) has passed away, apparently after a long illness.
Does anyone else think that he was actually killed by Putin's order because his people failed to murder the Skirpals? You know, to encourage the replacement to be more careful with planning?
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:16 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:

long illness lasting 5 seconds maybe!

Return to Politics